what would you play at a naval base bball tourney?

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited March 2005 in Strut Central
is paying me and some friends to DJ at a naval base this weekend all last minute style, so i havent had a lot of time to think about it(just found out today). im thinkin anything top 40 (which i mostly dont have), classics(check), maybe a little reggae/dancehall(sort of check)? prolly not gonna bring the electro/80s/disco set out there...or am i wrong?

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone" should set the party off...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    A nice mixture of buttrock and hard energy filled hip hop.

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    there are a bunch of records that teams put out about their championship years. I.E. Dogers '81, fernando valenzuela repping. Should get the crowd open. Oh and baseball players love the top gun soundtrack.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    bball = basketball

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    bball = basketball

I thought this was goingto be a thread about BASEketball...

- Where's the "severely dissapointed emoticon?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Kenny Loggins "Danger Zone" should set the party off...

good call, maybe 80s is the way to go on this one.

bob seger anyone?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    bball = basketball

it could be, that was a dope movie. when did that shit come out? i havent seen it in ages.

• bubor0ckbubor0ck 141 Posts
    dude the whole top gun soundtrack would be some PUMP UP shit....just not that song where everything is blue and kelly mcginnis is gettin it

dude the whole top gun soundtrack would be some PUMP UP shit....just not that song where everything is blue and kelly mcginnis is gettin it

Isn't it "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin?

I have never seen this whole movie because of that sex scene. When I was in fifth grade visiting my aunt and uncle, my uncle insisted on renting that movie because he thought it would be good fit for a young dude such as myself. Then he found himself embarassed to be watching that scene in the company of a young dude such as myself, and announced that he "didn't need this filth" and turned it off.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    bball = basketball

it could be, that was a dope movie. when did that shit come out? i havent seen it in ages.

That was the first movie I saw after doing like an several month stint in a couple different hospitals. My brother rolled my wheelchair into the theatre for me, and we watched that shit while I was SO FUCKING HIGH on the "shit" right here...

... so I don't even really remember the movie, but I remember it being "mad decent."

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    this might help...

Top Ten Butt-Rock Bands[/b]

ZZ Top
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    Kansas
    Journey
    Styx
    REO Speedwagon
    Foreigner
    Boston
    Bachman-Turner Overdrive
    Cheap Trick

exactly!...i was total youngn but i can remember clearly watchin that movie with my parents and tryin to peek thru the weaves of a afghan blanket and seeing blue figures gettin their caress on... i am not going to front though, when i was like 4 yrs old this chubbster in my neighborhood named mike baron has the OST and a fischerprice portable tape deck... wed definitely took a few walks around the block playing that tape...GULLY AND YOU KNOW IT

i am not going to front though, when i was like 4 yrs old this chubbster in my neighborhood named mike baron has the OST and a fischerprice portable tape deck... wed definitely took a few walks around the block playing that tape...GULLY AND YOU KNOW IT

Playing "Take My Breath" away while going on long secluded walks with a notorious C.H.U.B.B.S.T.E.R.?

I'm not sure if "gully" is the word we're looking for here...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Top Ten Butt-Rock Bands[/b]

ZZ Top

Motley Crue[/b]

Kansas

Journey

Styx

REO Speedwagon

Foreigner

Boston

Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Cheap Trick

certainly not secluded dawg, this was on some "danger zone" militant suburban shit! no blue scene shite. the thing only had rwd or ffwd though, i forget which, so we had to do the flip and push to get to where we wanted (AYO)....

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    so is it basketball or baseball???

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    my bad, basketball.

its 3 courts all split into 6 half court games. its a tournament i believe. maybe 3 on 3? dunno the details.

*Hangs head and hits himself in the face*
    A basball party would be ill tho.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    certainly not secluded dawg, this was on some "danger zone" militant suburban shit! no blue scene shite. the thing only had rwd or ffwd though, i forget which, so we had to do the flip and push to get to where we wanted (AYO)....

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

play some hyped the fuck up shit.
    MOP definitely
    just play hyped up shit from different genres, play that trick daddy ozzie shit and play crazy train too. play smells like teen spirit. definitely ge some classics in too...someone mentioned gary wright "love is alive" a couple weeks back, that shit is dope.

and id be playing small forward

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Top Gun only if it's a 5.1 surround system right?

otherwise

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    MOP definitely
    just play hyped up shit from different genres, play that trick daddy ozzie shit and play crazy train too. play smells like teen spirit. definitely ge some classics in too...someone mentioned gary wright "love is alive" a couple weeks back, that shit is dope.

true. i was thinkin more along the lines of car bangers vs. club bangers, but thats kind of a fine line anyway.

i'd be a power forward or backup center. we need a good guard. who can shoot the three here?

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    dude. Kurtis Blow "basketball" is kind of a must.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    dude. Kurtis Blow "basketball" is kind of a must.

true.

appherently they play the shit out of that song on xm radio.

UMC's "NBA allstars 1989," from the "Smack my Bitch Up" album. Its actually not a good song.

• "In The Navy" by the Village People - rock doubles of that for awhile, then go into "We Are The Champions" by Queen. Make sure to play "It's Raining Men". Finish out the set with with Diana Ross' "Love Hangover" (the 12" long version), they should all be making out by that time.

MOP definitely

true. i was thinkin more along the lines of car bangers vs. club bangers, but thats kind of a fine line anyway.

i'd be a power forward or backup center. we need a good guard. who can shoot the three here?

people arent really gonna be dacning though? get people jumping. (krisskross is what they play at sixers games...you can be more interestin than that, but thats the idea, i think)

i can shoot the three ball. i'll get to the line a bit too off a lot of offensive boards. i dont got too much dribble, but i can dish. paging soulstrut pointguard. if someone can crabscratch, shouldnt they have some ball handling skills? (Ayo scratch THESE BAlls!!!! HAHAH!)

"In The Navy" by the Village People - rock doubles of that for awhile, then go into "We Are The Champions" by Queen. Make sure to play "It's Raining Men". Finish out the set with with Diana Ross' "Love Hangover" (the 12" long version), they should all be making out by that time.

hahahahahhahahhaha...defintely do that shit mesh

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    T***,

You ever hear The FANS - "The ballad of Doctor J"??? philly disco 45? I got it from Break Beat Lenny's 45 collection.

• meshmesh 925 Posts

"In The Navy" by the Village People - rock doubles of that for awhile, then go into "We Are The Champions" by Queen. Make sure to play "It's Raining Men". Finish out the set with with Diana Ross' "Love Hangover" (the 12" long version), they should all be making out by that time.

hahahahahhahahhaha...defintely do that shit mesh

i think i have all those songs too. ha, shit would be funny.