FAT GEORGE CLOONEY

2»

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    SKINNY ADRIAN BRODY

fat George Clooney sons skinny Adrian Brody

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,087 Posts
    Good idea, but the movie was really confusing. That fingernail scene made me squirm like hell.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    why would you hat on george clooney? aside from some bad decisions he made 10 or so years ago, he's turned out quite a few brilliant performances. his new movie, "goodnight, and goodluck" is the shit... so is "syriana". "confessions of a dangerous mind" was good, and what about that cohen bros. shit? name a better (hollywood) actor, who's taken more interesting roles in the last 10 years.

...aside from william h. macy, philip seymor hoffman, john c. riley, and gary oldman.

• Out Of Sight was good as shit too.

• why would you hat on george clooney? aside from some bad decisions he made 10 or so years ago, he's turned out quite a few brilliant performances. his new movie, "goodnight, and goodluck" is the shit... so is "syriana". "confessions of a dangerous mind" was good, and what about that cohen bros. shit? name a better (hollywood) actor, who's taken more interesting roles in the last 10 years.

...aside from william h. macy, philip seymor hoffman, john c. riley, and gary oldman.

Cosign on Clooney and the others listed, except for Oldman who I think jumped the shark a while ago. Used to love him, but unfortunately he seems to have gone the way of many interesting actors; he has become a caricature of himself.

Anybody ever see Track 29?
    Now that was one fucked up movie!

Saw Good Night and Good Luck last week.
    Brilliant.
    Couldn't be more timely in my opinion...

• name a better (hollywood) actor, who's taken more interesting roles in the last 10 years.

dude brad pitt takes on more interesting movies than clooney, thats no way to judge an actor

• quite a few brilliant performances. his new movie, "goodnight, and goodluck" is the shit... so is "syriana".

eh, syrianna was not all that it was hyped up to be. actually it kinda sucked. i fell asleep for 10 or so minutes even... come to think of it, i can't remember anything but the fingernails scene now. the rest of it kinda washed away. now 40 yr old virgin, that's some hot shit.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    name a better (hollywood) actor, who's taken more interesting roles in the last 10 years.

dude brad pitt takes on more interesting movies than clooney, thats no way to judge an actor

Has anyone seen his SOLARIS. I own the original, but my film geek friends say Clooney's version holds up.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Has anyone seen his SOLARIS. I own the original, but my film geek friends say Clooney's version holds up.

That version put me to sleep... It was a pure snoozefest to me.

• Yes. Yes FVK in NC.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    name a better (hollywood) actor, who's taken more interesting roles in the last 10 years.

I think it's more Steven Soderbergh's version!

The biggest obstacle for me with big names like Clooney is I don't believe them as the characters. They are so over-exposed that they can be nothing but George Clooney or Tom Cruise going through the motions and the lines. It's not a big deal in films like Oceans 11 or Mission Impossible because they're fun and believing the characters is not that essential. But Clooney as Kelvin in Solaris or Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut (especially with Kidman) is hard to sell.

• name a better (hollywood) actor, who's taken more interesting roles in the last 10 years.

i strongly disagree,

is a much better actor than clooney in that film and in every film

• The biggest obstacle for me with big names like Clooney is I don't believe them as the characters. They are so over-exposed that they can be nothing but George Clooney or Tom Cruise going through the motions and the lines. It's not a big deal in films like Oceans 11 or Mission Impossible because they're fun and believing the characters is not that essential. But Clooney as Kelvin in Solaris or Cruise in Eyes Wide Shut (especially with Kidman) is a hard to sell.

great point, i just watched war of the worlds and trying to think of tom cruse as a divorced dad with two kids who has an engine in his kitchen is more unbelievable than the whole aliens attack part of the movie, it would have been more believable if he played a character that thought that the aliens wanted him to impregnate a 18 year old so a crazy ass science fiction author with a fetish for young boys was pleased

I do like Christian Bale. He's big, but not huge and mercifully does not give a million interviews so he is still an actor primarily and then somewhere down the line, a celebrity.

I like the roles he takes and I think he's versatile and believable.

And hunky.

• I do like Christian Bale. He's big, but not huge and mercifully does not give a million interviews so he is still an actor primarily and then somewhere down the line, a celebrity.

i agree, hes not over exposed...yet
    i have enjoyed him in pretty much everything i have seen him in even when the film is total shit (Laurel Canyon) hes still good, and he was the least annoying child actors in empire of the sun

And hunky.

yes he is a good looking guy

yeah i said it

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I do like Christian Bale.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

And hunky.

Hi Missbassie! "Do you like Phil Collins? I've been a big Genesis fan ever since the release of their 1980 album, Duke."[/b]

i agree, hes not over exposed...yet
    i have enjoyed him in pretty much everything i have seen him in even when the film is total shit (Laurel Canyon) hes still good

your gal was in that, too.

yea - L Canyon was a piece of shit and Bale was very good in it. i also liked the wall of records in the bedroom.

hmmm, I was gonna say BP too, but I guess I'll have to go with this dude right here:

I mean, dude has played soooo many culture icons it's ridokulous:

Ed Wood
    Hunter S. Thompson
    Willy Wonka
    James Matthew Barrie
    Ichabod Crane
    Donnie Brasco
    George Jung

dude was in the first Nightmare on Elm Street and took a huge risk kicking his dreamy boy image from 21 Jump St. to the curb to do all his left of center hollywood parts.
    Anyone seen Dead Man?

• i also liked the wall of records in the bedroom.

yeah you know the whole record thing has gone a bit too far when your watching a movie and kate beckinsale is in her underwear and your trying to see the records in the room

• i also liked the wall of records in the bedroom.

yeah you know the whole record thing has gone a bit too far when your watching a movie and kate beckinsale is in her underwear and your trying to see the records in the room

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    SOLARIS. I own the original

The first time I saw this film I felt weird for like 2 days. Good flick if stoned.

• SOLARIS. I own the original

The first time I saw this film I felt weird for like 2 days. Good flick if stoned.

the og, yes a very intoxicating flick, the pics of the planet below are totally trippy dude

• Anyone seen Dead Man?

"Do you have any tobacco Willaim Blake?"

Out of all of Jarmusch's movies Dead Man is my favourite.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

"You gonna finish that second Tasty Cake?"[/b]

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    You are all so off the mark it's embarrasing.

This has nothing to do with "actors" or "cinema" or "movies" or "actors" or that movie about "oil."

FAT GEORGE CLOONEY.