40 year old virgin (NRR)

PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
any good? worth the rent?

Comments

• MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
    I watched the DVD and thought it was pretty good. I ended up seeing it with someone who had previously seen it in the theatre. What surprised me the most is the parts I laughed at were part of the "extended" version, so I'm not sure why people found it funny originally. lol

Anyhow....I guess it's worth the $3 or whatever to rent

Oh yes...if anything IMO it's a little too long. They could have chopped out an hour. A 2:25 comedy didn't sit right with me for some reason. Maybe I'm just an idiot

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    It had its moments, but not nearly as as I thought it would be from the previews IMO. Kinda tailed off towards the last half.

SG

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    are there any recent comdies thats better than this one?

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Well, I enjoyed "Wedding Crashers" more, and it was released a little earlier than "40 Y.O.V.".

SG

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

Well, I enjoyed "Wedding Crashers" more, and it was released a little earlier than "40 Y.O.V.".

SG

i thought wedding crashers was definately funny, but 40 y/o killed it in my opinion. amazingly funny.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

SG

i thought wedding crashers was definately funny, but 40 y/o killed it in my opinion. amazingly funny.

• First half funny, especially the part with the black guy and the indian or arabian or I' don;t know guy are complaining about the guy taking his customers. Shit was the funniest part of the whole movie.

But overall.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

But overall.

Are you even old enough to watch this movie?

• are there any recent comdies thats better than this one?

SG

The first half of wedding crashers was good, but the end sucked. I laughed my ass off for 40 minutes then just sat there waiting to laugh for the rest of the movie. 40 year old virgin was better IMO.

• Yes I am 18. I just wanted to use that graemlin cuz it reminded me of it. The movie is good it just drags on too long and becomes a love story with no comedy towards the second half.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    i watched like the first thirty minutes of this and couldn't stand to watch the rest. i dont even remember what was so bad about it but i remember really not liking it

• Yes I am 18. I just wanted to use that graemlin cuz it reminded me of it. The movie is good it just drags on too long and becomes a love story with no comedy towards the second half.

The scene where the virgin is talking to his hairy friend about the girlfriend-grandma was pretty good tho.

"Fuck her and then have her send you $12 for your birthday."

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

It's the funniest of the year I say. Wedding Crashers is real close though. What movie from this year is funnier than these two?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    i remember the post that was about 40 year old virgin vs the aristocrats, i must say i preferred aristocrats

• i remember the post that was about 40 year old virgin vs the aristocrats, i must say i preferred aristocrats

Yeah I think Aristocrats killed both. Stupid crap your pants funny.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Man, I though Wedding Crashers was a stinking piece of sticky doggy turd. I could be high enough to find that shit funny. I think I counted to laughs during the whole thing.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Man, I though Wedding Crashers was a stinking piece of sticky doggy turd. I could be high enough to find that shit funny. I think I counted to laughs during the whole thing.

Ditto.

Wedding Crashers turned into a sappy love story and buddy movie almost from the beginning. There were a few funny moments, but that's it.

40 Year Old Virgin was a gas if you like that kind of crude, slap stick humor. If you are more "sophisticated" don't watch it. Otherwise, I think it's freaking great.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    wedding crashers came up short in the comedy department cuz it turned sappy romance.

40 year old virgin was pretty thorough throughout because it avoided those romantic comedy cliches

• personally thought 40 year old virgin was fucking classic status.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts