Honky Tonk Badonkadonk

RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Go click on the video for Honky Tonk Badonkadonk, the future of dance music is here... http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/adkins_trace/artist.jhtml# http://www.traceadkins.com/music/index.html

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts

• edubedub 715 Posts
    that shit won't stream for me... is it worth persuing somewhere else?

that shit won't stream for me... is it worth persuing somewhere else?

Nah...

HONKY TONK BADONKADONK[/b]

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts
    God bless southern women

• Strange on sooo many levels.

-This shit is like "Milkshake" for rednecks.

-Appropriation of hip hop slang for a country song. What's next a country station out of "What it do?"?

-Did Hype start doing country videos?

-Will the remix have a Busta Rhymes cameo?

-Country and Disco/Techno? What the fuck is this, the "Walk this Way" of Country/Disco/Techno?

I can't wrap my mind around this. This is bizarre.

• RustyBRustyB 223 Posts
    That ish is super wack, the line about Donkey Kong made my mouth fall open..

The whole song is like a bad Mad TV joke.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    When the album comin' out............

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    "oww wee shut my mouth, slap your grandma!" What the hell is that? LOL. How can this be called "Country" music? This is just crap. Terrible.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This is just crap.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    The whole song is like a bad any Mad TV joke.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    The album version has a more typical top-40 rock/country sound, while the video mix has more "dance-oriented" production.

b/w

Shake Your Country Taffy

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I've yet to hear this song.
    I'm afraid listening to it will ruin
    what small pleasure I get from the title.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    That ish is super wack, the line about Donkey Kong made my mouth fall open..

The whole song is like a bad Mad TV joke.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    My company is doing a lot of his tour and he's (literally) getting death threats by white people for being a "race traitor" for making this song. NO ONE seems happy he did this remix....

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I like how people call it a hip hop crossover song.

But i think people are just calling it hip hop because hes talking about asses.

My company is doing a lot of his tour and he's (literally) getting death threats by white people for being a "race traitor" for making this song. NO ONE seems happy he did this remix....

I certainly don't wish harm on the man, but in theory, this is HILARIOUS! I wonder how long it'll take for Butt Pads??? to appear on Wal-Mart shelves.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    NO ONE seems happy he did this remix....

Shit, I AM!!! Please tell me where I can get this version on vinyl.

I looooove me a white girl with ass. Shit, I love ANY girl with ass, but a white girl is something like a phenomenon. You guys have never seen a countrified woman stretching the limits of her Wranglers?! They deserve their own song!!!

Herm

P.S. The og version of this song has been heavily promoted and prominently featured on Waffle House jukeboxes for almost a year now.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    I think most of yall are just regionally biased and hating on dude cause hes from the south.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    "Made me laugh to beat the band, anyway..."

I certainly don't wish harm on the man, but in theory, this is HILARIOUS! I wonder how long it'll take for Butt Pads??? to appear on Wal-Mart shelves.

Yeah, when I get back to my HQ, I'll post the link to some of the phone calls he's been getting from a white power site.

They since taken the phone message that was made to Trace, but you can get a general sense on what the world outside of big cities is like from this....

tell 'em why you mad

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

I went to a club the other night that played some country-ton.
    Any of y'all heard this shit yet?

Twangy country lyrics over marchy reaggeton beats.

It's extremely bad. (Bad meaning bad not bad meaning good.)

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I think most of yall are just regionally biased and hating on dude cause hes from the south.

I'm in NC. Trust me, it's wack.

Though I know a lot of people down here love them some Trace Adkins and would probably love to hear this in the club. I mean watering hole.