RIP Tookie

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

• Mmmh electing actors as politicians...

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

Mmmh electing bodybuilders who pose as actors as politicians [/b]...

• Mmmh electing bodybuilders who pose as actors as politicians [/b]...

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

He's dead?
    Arnold decided to kill him?
    WTF!

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts

He's dead?
    Arnold decided to kill him?
    WTF!

Didn't they go to the same gym, briefly?

• killing nobel peace prize nominees.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

The fact that he got a Nobel nomination is simply ludicrous.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts

"Tookie out"

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    killing nobel peace prize nominees.

After a long discussion with my girlfriend lastnight, I've decided that I'm against the death penaty. I was on the fence before. But, that said... Tookie no matter what, deserved to spend the rest of his life in jail. The fact that people would nominate him for a nobel peace prize is

Anyone ever read about how he mocked the gurgling sounds of one of the dying victims? Or how he said to the prosecution team "I'll get every one of you mutha fuckers". Did he ever apologize to the famlies of these victims?

His death should not be celebrated, nor should his life be distinguished. I don't care what he did following up to his death.

After a long discussion with my girlfriend lastnight, I've decided that I'm against the death penaty. I was on the fence before. But, that said... Tookie no matter what, deserved to spend the rest of his life in jail. The fact that people would nominate him for a nobel peace prize is

Anyone ever read about how he mocked the gurgling sounds of one of the dying victims? Or how he said to the prosecution team "I'll get every one of you mutha fuckers". Did he ever apologize to the famlies of these victims?

His death should not be celebrated, nor should his life be distinguished. I don't care what he did following up to his death.

I've read all that and I've read all the stuff about Williams saying he didn't do it. I don't know what the truth was but the execution was wrong. And if Kissinger got a Nobel nomination for killing tens of thousands then Williams should at least have got clemency.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I've read all that and I've read all the stuff about Williams saying he didn't do it. I don't know what the truth was but the execution was wrong. And if Kissinger got a Nobel nomination for killing tens of thousands then Williams should at least have got clemency.

Tookie & Henry Kissinger - two men who participated in genocide. What kind of a farce is the nobel prize?

• Tookie & Henry Kissinger - two men who participated in genocide. What kind of a farce is the nobel prize?
    Like all other award ceremonies, it's mostly a farse and a case of people scratching each others backs so to speak, not only a bad thing but i'm really fed up with awards and such, i would say Nobel is one of the better but stuff like the polar prize and the Oscars has to be a joke right? But that's another thread..

/L

This doesn't apply to Nobel chemists and their scions, of course, Ashcrock..

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

"Tookie out"

That's simply the worst thing I've seen on Soul Strut!

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    PS/ What will the death of TOOKIE change?

Can someone explain...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

Kissinger? And Hitler was Time's Man of the Year. What does it have anything to do with Williams? Dude, almost 99% of everyone in jail say they didn't do it. But I'll agree that execution is wrong and it should be banned.

Interesting quick read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tookie_Williams

"Williams received a letter from American president George W. Bush commending him for his social activism."

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm not mad but c'mon. There are so many people who aren't killers that we could talk about. Sometime you gotta be held accountible.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    What will the death of TOOKIE change?
    Can someone explain...

• what is really sad about this is that scumbags like Tookie get all the media attention, when dozens of ACTUALLY innocent folks sit on death row right now in Texas and elsewhere...it is giving Tookie this attention that really hurts the anti-death penalty movement...I am not saying any death penalty case is justified, but all Mayberry, USA and its citizens see is remorseless criminals getting executed and it is hard to win people over with folks like Tookie.

• what is really sad about this is that scumbags like Tookie get all the media attention, when dozens of ACTUALLY innocent folks sit on death row right now in Texas and elsewhere...it is giving Tookie this attention that really hurts the anti-death penalty movement...I am not saying any death penalty case is justified, but all Mayberry, USA and its citizens see is remorseless criminals getting executed and it is hard to win people over with folks like Tookie.

Word. Why claiming clemency for him and not the others?
    Cause he was friend with Snoop?
    This guy having a peace Nobel prize??
    This is the highest pick of Showtime society...

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

Tookie & Henry Kissinger - two men who participated in genocide. What kind of a farce is the nobel prize?

how did tookie participate in Genocide?

GENOCIDE: The systematic and planned extermination of an entire national, racial, political, or ethnic group

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Can someone explain...

What difference will commuting ONE person's sentence make?

We been round and round this in that other thread...

• although what he did, he changed and was probably more useful alive than dead, speaking with kids about his experience

what is really sad about this is that scumbags like Tookie get all the media attention, when dozens of ACTUALLY innocent folks sit on death row right now in Texas and elsewhere...it is giving Tookie this attention that really hurts the anti-death penalty movement...I am not saying any death penalty case is justified, but all Mayberry, USA and its citizens see is remorseless criminals getting executed and it is hard to win people over with folks like Tookie.

Word. Why claiming clemency for him and not the others?

Cause he was friend with Snoop?

This guy having a peace Nobel prize??

This is the highest pick of Showtime society...

I'm sure that pretty much most death row inmates make an plea for clemency; it's a part of the appeal process but I can't see why you think he's any less deserving of clemency than the other 'innocent' inmates. How the media attention around the killing of Williams hurts the anti-death penalty movement is not clear to me.

Can someone explain...

What difference will commuting ONE person's sentence make?

We been round and round this in that other thread...

That would make one less dead person. Not a bad start...

• Kissinger WON the Nobel Peace Prize in 1973. Williams was among hundreds nominated. just pointing out the facts.

And for the record I'm against the death penalty but I found it disturbing that Williams never admitted to his crimes.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    anybody can get nominated...

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    anybody can get nominated...

Exactly

President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair are among nominees for the 2004 Nobel Peace Prize