what do you want released on DVD?

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
inspired by the "that's my momma" post...it seems like more and more fairly obscure (in comparison) stuff is being reissued on dvd. however im sure you all have some shit you hope gets put out eventually....

heres my wishes, for now anyway:

Wait Till Your Father Gets Home (i just wanna see this show again..its been like 10 years)

AND...

i'd KILL for a DVD that was just all the inbetween shit from sesame street...you know, like inbetween the parts with grover and shit, all the little animations and stuff? seriously the only part of the show i liked as a kid, and seeing some of them again its pretty awesome stuff!...i always wondered why Noggin or some channel didnt start playing a show of just this stuff. i'd definitely watch it.

ALSO:

more dvd's of old educational films, preferably from the mid 60s-80s...i know a few exist already but i want some more!

also, is fantastic planet out on dvd? all we have is a vhs dub.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    teddy ruxpin

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    oh shit. i loved teddy ruxpin. we had the talking doll and a bunch of the books, a few videos too, somewhere

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Nightfall from the early 50's, directed by Jacques Tourneur and starring Aldo Ray. Fully restored, plaese.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    oh shit. i loved teddy ruxpin. we had the talking doll and a bunch of the books, a few videos too, somewhere

same here. its just everything that i can remember from that cartoon seems trippy as fuck to me today, and i want to watch it while stoned....badly.

same here. its just everything that i can remember from that cartoon seems trippy as fuck to me today, and i want to watch it while stoned....badly.

yeah i can remember so much so vividly, shit, time to dig out the videos..

i know i have a bunch of old episodes of the mario bros. show somewhere, but i hated the live action part when i was little so my mom wouldnt record it. now thats the only part im really interested in seeing again, haha

• The Electric Company. If I found out this was released on DVD, there goes my next paycheck!! I know that Morgan Freeman is probably embarrassed that he was ever involved with this 1970's kids' show, but they kept rerunning this show well into the eighties and it's aged pretty well!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

also, is fantastic planet out on dvd? all we have is a vhs dub.

yeah.. it's out of print already. the OG dvd (not the retroflicks reish) is fetching prices (close to) the ost.

actually i'm pretty sure you could get one for much cheaper than that. theres a few on ebay every now and then.

The Electric Company. If I found out this was released on DVD, there goes my next paycheck!! I know that Morgan Freeman is probably embarrassed that he was ever involved with this 1970's kids' show, but they kept rerunning this show well into the eighties and it's aged pretty well!

the kept rerunning it well into the 21st century, on noggin...not sure if they still do but i know they were still playing it as late as last year...

theres about 2309 different electric company LPs out there but does anybody else have the one that comes with the comic book? i was happy to find that..haha

by the way thanks for the info on fantastic planet slavin!

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i know i have a bunch of old episodes of the mario bros. show somewhere, but i hated the live action part when i was little so my mom wouldnt record it. now thats the only part im really interested in seeing again, haha

that shits on dvd, i actually own it, the zelda cartoon as well. you can find them randomly at best buys, and i think even amazon has them.

that shits on dvd, i actually own it, the zelda cartoon as well. you can find them randomly at best buys, and i think even amazon has them.

really? wow, i remember hating the zelda show back when it was on tv but id probably dig it now...thanks!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    slogan (gainsbourg/birkin) .. the only thing out there now is a crappy bootleg dvd which was ripped from a vhs tape with no subtitles.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I'd like to have that VH1 DOC - And You Don't Stop on DVD.

That and maybe the OG's of the first 3 star wars films. I have SVCD's of them transfered from Laserdisc, but I'd like them on DVD.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Kenneth Anger

most of the stuff at ubu.org

PAUL MCCARTHY PERFORMANCES

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    oh shit...i'm gonna have to go with- a legit (non-bootleg) version of "the friends of eddie coyle". one of my all time favorite movies. i could also go for a proper release of the soundtrack (dave grusin-early 70's heat).

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    OFFICIAL SPECIAL EDITIONS CRITERIONS OF:

EL TOPO
    HOLY MOUNTAIN

PLAESE

• the OG's of the first 3 star wars films

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    the OG's of the first 3 star wars films
    this would have to be the for everybody. too bad it won't happen until the earth goes into the sun.

• OFFICIAL SPECIAL EDITIONS CRITERIONS OF:

EL TOPO
    HOLY MOUNTAIN

PLAESE

cosign

ive been looking for some crazy old japanese shows like keiji-k, kamen rider, just wierd off the wall 1970s kaiju stuff but its nowhere to be found.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    oh shit...i'm gonna have to go with- a legit (non-bootleg) version of "the friends of eddie coyle". one of my all time favorite movies. i could also go for a proper release of the soundtrack (dave grusin-early 70's heat).

YES!!! I love this movie...not only were parts of it filmed in my birthplace of Quincy, MA - but it features a scene of Robert Mitchum going to Boston Garden to see the Bruins play with Bobby Orr, and he gets all shitfaced and is standing up hollering "the greatest of all time! Number four! Bobbbbbby Orr!" Greatest scene evar.

Not even on VHS for years...I need this!! Is the soundtrack available in some format?

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Journey in to Suspense with Jospeh Cotten & Orson Welles

Every Preston Sturges Film that hasn't been released on DVD yet. Palm Beach Story, The Great McGinty, and Christmas in July particularly

More live Jazz performances from 1949 - 1974

James Brown at Olympia

Superfly TNT

Candy Tangerine Man

The Hitter

Darktown Strutters (Yes I know it sucks but dammit I want it)

and I'd add Cabin in the Sky to the list but comes out next month so I can't really wish for that one anymore

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    OFFICIAL SPECIAL EDITIONS CRITERIONS OF:

EL TOPO
    HOLY MOUNTAIN

PLAESE

cosign

ive been looking for some crazy old japanese shows like keiji-k, kamen rider, just wierd off the wall 1970s kaiju stuff but its nowhere to be found.

Kikaida has like 4 volumes or more available domestic US. Nice presentation too.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

more dvd's of old educational films, preferably from the mid 60s-80s...i know a few exist already but i want some more!

I haven't delved too deep here but you seen the prelinger archive?

found it through a link to an old film on it of some kids in monkey masks riding bikes to teach bike safety to kids in the 60's. all the kids die. so it's that kind of shit.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Friends of Eddie Coyle

• I would like to see one motherfucker of all scopitone collections, with outtakes and unreleased due to unpopularisms. Im sure someone is working on this.

huh,my video store dude,who is pretty good,swore it was never on DVD...

huh,my video store dude,who is pretty good,swore it was never on DVD...

wait,nevermind...uk boot...

• A deluxe version of Road House. Someone plaese make this happen.

• The Electric Company. If I found out this was released on DVD, there goes my next paycheck!! I know that Morgan Freeman is probably embarrassed that he was ever involved with this 1970's kids' show, but they kept rerunning this show well into the eighties and it's aged pretty well!

February 7th peoples!!!

Easy Reader was a pimp. Just ask Spidey.

(and tell me Bill Cosby doesn't look hard as hell)