cadet concept favorites?

axefoleyaxefoley 331 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
seeing that dope cadet concept logo pic got me thinking how much i dig this label...whats your favorite lp? i gotta go with the obvious, electric mud and after the rain. also the howlin wolf joint and rotary connect.....i gotta look through the collection to add some more later...

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    just about anything on it...hahhaha

what im wondering: were there any bands who only released a 45 on the label?

• just about anything on it...hahhaha

there is....ummm i got one..can't remember who though..gotta check the basement.haha

cadet concept?

• My bad.

nah, still a great record. and label.

• whats the status quo like?

whats the status quo like?

one hit song (pictures of matchstick men)..probably recording-wise the worst sounding lp on the label but good music. psychy, almost sounds mid-60s..

• I didn't mean to do itttt.... I didn't mean to break your heaaarrttt

• whats the status quo like?

one hit song (pictures of matchstick men)..probably recording-wise the worst sounding lp on the label but good music. psychy, almost sounds mid-60s..
    werd...this is the 45 i have b/w gentlemen joe's....i'm such a burnout sometimes..hahaha. whoops.

• by the way a-ko, thanks for posting that label pic..so dope.

by the way a-ko, thanks for posting that label pic..so dope.

haha, no problem..probably one of my favorite label logos.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• chrischris 287 Posts

cadet/concept 45s only (no lp):

-harvey scales
    -wildweeds
    -david perrett
    -friend & lover
    -jeannie piersol
    -craig holland

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    electric mud

I'm just sitting here licking my BAAAAAAAALLS...

• what im wondering: were there any bands who only released a 45 on the label?

cadet/concept 45s only (no lp):

-harvey scales
    -wildweeds
    -david perrett
    -friend & lover
    -jeannie piersol
    -craig holland
    oh shit! i had no idea..the hunt continues

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    wildweeds

They have a 45 on Cadet Concept? I have "No Good to Cry" on Cadet - such a great song, but the LP they put out on Vanguard is nothing like it...country rock instead of the garagey soul of the Cadet 45. I've been looking for more soulful material from them, what is the CC 45 like?

• what a dope cover this is..the songs are aight too,haha.

The only Rotary Connection LP I can stand...

• The only Rotary Connection LP I can stand...
    is this there 2nd or 3rd release? hola, soulonice.

The only Rotary Connection LP I can stand...
    is this there 2nd or 3rd release? hola, soulonice.

Their fourth.

Cadet Concept:

LPS-312 - Rotary Connection - Rotary Connection [1968] (3-68, #37) Amen/Rapid Transit/Turn Me On/Pink Noise/Lady Jane/Like A Rollin' Stone//Soul Man/Sursum Mentes/Didn't Want To Have To Do It/Black Noise/Memory Band/Ruby Tuesday/Rotary Connection

LP-313 - [Unissued]

LPS-314 - Electric Mud - Muddy Waters [1968] I Just Want To Make Love To You/Hoochie Coochie Man/Let's Spend the Night Together/She's All Right//I'm A Man/Herbert Harper's Free Press/Tom Cat/Same Thing

LPS-315 - Messages from the Status Quo - Status Quo [1968] Black Veils Of Melancholy (E)/When My Mind Is Not Live (E)/Ice In The Sun (E)/Elizabeth Dreams (E)/Gentleman Joe's Sidewalk Cafe (E)//Paradise Flat (E)/Technicolor Dreams (E)/Spicks And Specks (E)/Sunny Cellophane Sky (E)/Pictures Of Matchstick Men (E)

LPS-316 - Salloom, Sinclair and the Mother Bear - Salloom & Sinclair [1968] "Salloom & Sinclair" are Roger Salloom & Robin Sinclair; "Mother Bear" is their backing group. Be Born Again/Conversations With Gentility/Steals/Griffin/She Kicked Me Out Of The House After This One/Florida Blues/Sitting On A Finger/Marie La Peau

LPS-317 - Aladdin - Rotary Connection [1968] (10-68, #176) Life Could/Teach Me How To Fly/V.I.P/I Took A Ride (Caravan)/Let Them Talk//Aladdin/I Feel Sorry/Magical World/I Must Be There/Paper Castle

LPS-318 - Peace - Rotary Connection [1968] Opening Round/Silent Night/Christmas Love/Last Call For Peace/Shopping Bag Menagerie/Silent Night//Christmas Child/Piece At Least/Santa's Little Helpers/Sidewalk Santa/If Peace Was All We Had/Silent Night Chant/Silence

LPS-319 - The Howlin' Wolf Album - Howlin' Wolf [1969] Spoonful/Tail Dragger/Smokestack Lightning/Moanin' At Midnight/Built For Comfort//The Red Rooster/Evil/Down In The Bottom/Three Hundred Pounds Of Joy/Back Door Man

LPS-320 - After the Rain - Muddy Waters [1969] I Am The Blues/Ramblin' Mind/Rollin' And Tumblin'/Bottom Of The Sea//Honey Bee/Blues And Trouble/Hurtin' Soul/Screamin' And Cryin'

LPS-321 - Blowin' Gold - John Klemmer [1969] (9-69, #176) Children Of The Earth: Flames!/Excursion #2/My Heart Sings/Hey Jude/Free Soul/My Love Has Butterfly Wings/Third Stone From The Sun

LPS-322 - Songs - Rotary Connection [1969] Respect/Weight/Sunshine of Your Love/I've Got My Mojo/Burning of the Midnight Lamp/Tales of Brave Ulymes/This Town/We're Going Wrong/Salt of the Earth

LPS-323 - In Due Time... - Aesop's Fables [1969] Lift Up Your Hearts/What Is Soul/In Due Time/In The Morning/Everyone's Talking/Spoons Full Of Sand//The Sound Of Crying/What Is Love/Look Out/I'm Gonna Make You Love Me/And When It's Over

LPS-324 - Howlin' Wolf - Howlin' Wolf [unissued]

LPS-325 - What I Did on My Vacation - Joel Vance [1969] Fannie Mae/Bamboo Lou/O Miss Chickie/When A Whore Falls/Claudie/(others)

LPS-326 - All the Children Cried - John Klemmer [1969] All The Children Cried/For God: Whoever And Whatever That Is/Journey's End/Moon Child//Here Comes The Child/I Whisper A Prayer For Peace/Mind Explosion/Pulsations Of A Green-Eyed Lady/Soliloquy For Tenor And Voice

LPS-327 - Salloom and Sinclair - Salloom & Sinclair [1969] Lesson At The Delicatessen/Motorcycle/One More Try/I'm Comin' Home Again/Violence, Blam Blam, I'm Sorry//Animal/Faith Has Been Given/Let's Be Right/Exhaustion/Sleep

LPS-328 - Dinner Music - Rotary Connection [1970] Pointillism/We Will Be Free/Lining Alone/Lektricks # 1/Country Things/Quartet/May Our Amens Be True/Stormy Monday Blues//Love Me Now/Lonely Summer/Amuse/Lektricks # 2/Merry Pransker/Pump Effect/Want You To Know

LPS-329 - Archie Whitewater - Archie Whitewater [1970] Don't Be Short/Northstar/Mist Of The Early Morning/Life Is A River/Friends And Neighbors/Country To The City//Home Again/Cross Country/Lament For The Walking Dead/Seacoast/Hulk

LPS-330 - Eruptions - John Klemmer [1970] Gardens Of Uranus/Summer Song/Regions of Fire/Lady Toad

LPS-331 - Aesop's Fables - Aesop's Fables [1970]

Special Series:

CCX-1 - Earle Doud Presents: Spiro T. Agnew Is A Riot! - Various Artists [1971] Comedy album. Diplomacy/Doomsday Machine/Good Night/I'm Sorry/Jack Frost (Parts 1-6)/Oath Of Office/Polish Ambassador/PTA/Silent Majority/The Fight/The Joke/The Monument

• chrischris 287 Posts
    wildweeds

They have a 45 on Cadet Concept? I have "No Good to Cry" on Cadet - such a great song, but the LP they put out on Vanguard is nothing like it...country rock instead of the garagey soul of the Cadet 45. I've been looking for more soulful material from them, what is the CC 45 like?

cadet concept 7004: i'm dreaming/happiness is just an illusion

they also have 2 other cadet(no concept) 45s aside from "no good to cry".

sidebar:

some recorded, but unreleased cadet/concept lps include one by hookfoot as well as a 2nd archie whitewater.

thats what i love most about the label, the discog is so small but so quality that collecting them all isnt just purely for collecting's sake.

i have seven LPs, i need eleven LPs, and i could have gotten dinner music today but it seemed silly dropping $12 on an album i dont like THAT much.

• chrischris 287 Posts
    that lp list posted up^ omits the colonel bagshot lp as well.

• electric mud

I'm just sitting here licking my BAAAAAAAALLS...

I have a 1969 issue of Down Beat and in the letters to the editor there's a guy from Ohio defending the album which was being shredded by the critics at the time. Would love to get a hold of that guy's collection!

• anybody have the uk pressing of after the rain? my copy sounds like it was recorded through a 12 bit sampler or sum shit...mad grainy sounding but not in good way...starts sounding like that during the 3rd track on side 1.. my u.s copy does not sound like this...wondering if this is a fluke or all pressings sound like this?

• So what was up with 313 and 324 that they were never issued?

Status Quo is nice too.

But, here is a question.... Howlin' Wolf's electric album or Muddy Waters??

I go with the Wolf.

C.

• I don't have the Howlin' Wolfs, are they pretty similar to the Muddys? Are they better or worse?

• Howlin' Wolf's electric album or Muddy Waters??
    Howlin' Wolf ... more wild