If you click on this thread you HAVE to drink!!!!!

2»

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

+

=

+

+

=

Picture me rollin'

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    [
    Also, go on soulseek and check out Ray Price. This shit is pretty damn good. and I HATE new country. The shit is garbage. But this old shit... Man.

Just like every other genre, pre-'64 Country has some awesome private press LP's that are rare as hell and damn good.....here are a couple of the better ones for anyone who cares...

Top: Lonny Roberts Van Label from the East Texas town of Van.....1961
    Bottom Richard Gibbs Malinda Label Lake Charles Louisiana 1960 Amazing loner/loser Country LP with every song about drinking with cuts likem "Drinkin' Spree", "Ten Bottles Of Whiskey", "Empty Glass" and the "No Use To Grieve".

• montymonty 420 Posts
    monty, check your post count...

what's wrong with my post count? i've been around forever and it's only 420?

• montymonty 420 Posts
    monty, check your post count...

what's wrong with my post count? i've been around forever and it's only 420?

oh!! i get it - The number 420 (pronounced four-twenty) is a euphemism for cannabis and its associated culture. The exact origin of the term is unknown, although there is much speculation and many urban legends about its origin. Smoking marijuana at 4:20 or on April 20 has special meaning to some.

• oh green counts too??

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    I'm enjoying some lagavulin neat. No pot until after exams, so this is the next best to way unwind after a late night at the library.

Enjoy! I don't know about up your way, but the price of Lagavulin has doubled in my neighborhood in the last two years--it used to be a $35-40 scotch and now it routinely pops up at $65-75. That's some grown and sexy stuff, too.

As for me, per Diz's urging I'm going to explore the cellar. Kinda a random selection, nothing too good, I'll probably have some Jim Beam and listen to Song For My Father by Horace Silver.

TOM. you are still my number 1 hommie, mang.

I'm pretty tanked now. hoooowooowhooo. we have this block party on my block every year around xmas. its pretty cool. they started it after this big bust where some SWAT team had a stand off at this house that was a meth lab and shit. and after that the people were like 'we should have nice block parties and shit and make this a real neighborhood again'.

so anyways, these old folks on the block are cool as fuck and every year they close of the street and have food and alchohol and shit and folks from the block hang out and shoot the shit and stuff.

goddam. I"M DRUNK.

still listening to that Ray Price shit. goddam this is GENIUS WHITE MUSIC. hahahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• My friend wants to go for a few drinks this afternoon.
    But I???m not sure, daytime drinking aint really my thing.
    What is it with drinking during the day, it seems as the pints hit twice as hard?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    My friend wants to go for a few drinks this afternoon.
    But I???m not sure, daytime drinking aint really my thing.
    What is it with drinking during the day, it seems as the pints hit twice as hard?[/b]

they hit twice as sweet

besides, it's always after 5PM in some part of the world.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Jim Beam is my main man. God bless Kentucky.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Enjoy! I don't know about up your way, but the price of Lagavulin has doubled in my neighborhood in the last two years--it used to be a $35-40 scotch and now it routinely pops up at $65-75. That's some grown and sexy stuff, too.

Scotch is a little cheaper in New Brunswick than it was in Ontario and Quebec. Still, this was a present so I can drink with feeling poor. You can still get laphroaig for around $35CAN, and that's cheap enough for me.