MORE RAER TAXIDERMY.

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

shit is super bizzaro to me, but Im reading its making a huge comeback?

• i love this racoon/cat/monkey thing. he keeps me warm at night.

i love this racoon/cat/monkey thing. he keeps me warm at night.

THAT is fucking crazy.

• so is this...and there are more where that came from....

• oh i'm sorry i forgot this one:

• edubedub 715 Posts
    is that thing wearing a turban??!

• is that thing wearing a turban??!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Oh wow wow wow! Stuffed squirrels doing funny things like driving cars or paddling canoes is the final word in everything. I'm so lil' dude for only havin three measly stuffed birds.

Seriously, in Fredericton taxidermy is a lot less interesting. In Montreal I could be certain that at least someone would find it tremendously offensive while most everyone else thought it was a surprising oddity. Either way, it was a great conversation starter. Here, people thing it's odd that anyone would want to display stuffed animals and make their place look like cousin larry's rec room. In province of hunters, taxidermy is not ironic, novel, or funny; it's just unnoteworthy part of the cultural landscape.

In province of hunters, taxidermy is not ironic, novel, or funny; it's just unnoteworthy part of the cultural landscape.

Yes, But were talking about TAXIDERMY RAERS! Much more interesting!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

reish.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    lets do a SS secret santa taxidermy jump off.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Nilgai - Pakistan - My House

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    why iam contributing this i dont know

Taxidermy is considered art for some and here is some fucked up shit

http://www.urbanbeast.com/beasts.html

http://www.customcreaturetaxidermy.com/

I've seen some shit in non-rr but damn!

Holy shit. That site is going to give me nightmares.

Whoever spends $125 on this deserves to look at it every day:

• That brand of "art" has been around for a while no? The Jewish library in Prague has some weird examples where chicken and tuna were crossed. It was a common attraction on Chinese sideshows too. Like the following one from the 19th century:

And hey Rockadelic, is that Nilgai really endangered or is it just semi-raer?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    that site is fucked up

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

"Who's your Daddy?"[/b]

• real headz for real headz

"Who's your Daddy?"[/b]

That is the most arousing image I've ever seen.

• I'm surprised no one has mentioned that most famous of raer taxidermies:

THE JACKALOPE!

• Holy shit. That site is going to give me nightmares.

Completely disturbing.

• this guy never gets old..he's got lots of outfits!

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Silence of the Lambs meets Beatrix Potter.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

How delicate and simple, yet baroquely complex. Look at those little ones, each and every one with a different facial expresion and corporal attitude. I wouldn't mind having this piece of art in my tea room. Gorgeus.

Ok, see this is stuff is cool. I could be the creepiest, coolest person on my block with these. Actually, my goal for next summer is to recreate the Paradise Garage with squirrels and a possum lary levan. After that, I want to recreate a scene from wildstyle with hedgehogs and then time permitting I want to do a soulstrut listening party with iguanas. Taxidermy is where it's at.

Ok, see this is stuff is cool. I could be the creepiest, coolest person on my block with these. Actually, my goal for next summer is to recreate the Paradise Garage with squirrels and a possum lary levan. After that, I want to recreate a scene from wildstyle with hedgehogs and then time permitting I want to do a soulstrut listening party with iguanas. Taxidermy is where it's at.

ummmm.... you guys fine the chimera corpses and jackalopes disturbing, but some dude kills a shitload of kittens and arranges their corpses in a tea party and its cute? Weird.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

Okay, most of the squirrel work has been done for you. You just need a glitterball, coloured lights and some updated decor. And a possum for Larry Levan.

Stuffstrut. This is going to be huge.

• Stuffstrut. This is going to be huge.

best stuff thraed evar

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    and then time permitting I want to do a soulstrut listening party with iguanas. Taxidermy is where it's at.

If I would have the honor of being part of that scene, I would want to look like this playa:

Maybe without the lascivius tongue and a more out there look in my eyes, like an iguana listening to free jazz. Thanks Danno.