Your favorite producers masterpieces (hip hop)

2»

Comments

• AREARE 34 Posts
    sup yall, been laying low lately, trying to get a ton of projects finished. JUst wanted to add my 2 cents on this thread. My lp's would have to be

Pete Rock - "mecca....lp
    Dj Premier - "step in the arena"

www.myspace.com/theare1

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    prince among thieves...even if that was musically lacking i'd give full props on the concept alone. id be interested to know if something like that has been attempted in ANY genre, (not including operas or musicals, so don't mention Tommy or anything) the fact that it's musically dope seals the "masterpiece" deal (id love to know the background of this album, ie when the idea first started, how he chose the partipants, etc etc...i remember breezly brewin saying how practically every line was rehearsed tons of times, to get the right feel to make it seamless. and while an album like that in any other genre like rock would be hailed as a classic that u had to own, i feel this album ain't discussed enough. phucking legends about pink floyd in synch with wizard of oz and sheit, whether true or not, tons of rock fans are aware of even the possibility...but i doubt a youngster just getting into the hoppa da hip would be aware of this gem, even though its not under underground. thats something i never understood, its like rap is meant to be temporary? you dont have to research the foundations? sheit, in may ways im a latecomer and im still finding out new stuff everyday, and with the net, we got no excuse. i'l shut up now, its the alchy, but cmon, why dont people rock prince paul shirts?

I likey but not his best effort.

• i know many will disagree, but

Bomb Squad - AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted

and Neptunes - Lord Willin'

• K-Def

Pete Rock

RZA

Dj Premier

Havoc

Beat Minerz

Madlib

DJ Spinna

Beatnuts

NO I.D.

• while i like madlib's 'side' of this album (survival test esp) i'd say this is some of dillas finest production with shit like starz and the red

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

DJ Spinna

No way! for Spinna? i'd say Polyrhythm Addicts or something.

but then again, his prime productions were all scattered Beyond Real EPs or 12"s so its hard to point out an actual ALBUM (the Beyond Real comps don't really count) so...

the closest that comes to mind are the instrumental series on Female Fun.

• Neptunes - Lord Willin'

excellent call - a good example of why modern producers should produce entire albums...

• ORGANIZED NOISE