B-Boying Versus Hip-Hop Dancing

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Four elements related,,,,, discuss:vs.DISCUSS

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

vs.

• it depends...is the zulu nation involved?

Only in the b-boying... I don't think zulu was big on hip-hop dancing or "housing" as we say on the west... I know there can be beef btwn two types of dancers at the club, you don't want to get in the middle of a battle between a hip-hop dancer and a b-boy... it could get ugly... personally, I gotta go with the housers... shit is from my era, growing up watching housing authority and shit... crazy....

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    hip hop dancing although cool (just trying to be objective) is for cheerleaders and choreographys

Break dancing has a history and is an innovative dance form. I got into breakin because I felt i had to express some of the shit I was feeling when listning to tracks

battles is also the shit fuck a choreography, but if girls like hiphop dancing why not

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    on a related note there is this new thing called groove dancing or something that has to do with dancing to house music. like a raver hand move mix with gliding on the floor poplock influence.

Ive seen cats in battles that bring aspects from that school to the table with nice results

any info?

Only in the b-boying... I don't think zulu was big on hip-hop dancing or "housing" as we say on the west... I know there can be beef btwn two types of dancers at the club, you don't want to get in the middle of a battle between a hip-hop dancer and a b-boy... it could get ugly... personally, I gotta go with the housers... shit is from my era, growing up watching housing authority and shit... crazy....

I just consulted with heather b and according to the temple of hip hop, "housing" is not one of the elements.

• hip hop dancing although cool (just trying to be objective) is for cheerleaders and choreographys

Dude do you even know what "hip-hop dancing" is in terms of what I'm referring to?

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    hip hop dancing although cool (just trying to be objective) is for cheerleaders and choreographys

Dude do you even know what "hip-hop dancing" is in terms of what I'm referring to?

Maybe not, please to clarify, sorry if my post was no on point

When i look at dance school there is a breakdance class and a hiphopdance class. The latter refering to the aforementioned despcriptioned. (more music video steez)
    It may be a quebec thing only as the labels are broader or something

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    on a related note there is this new thing called groove dancing or something that has to do with dancing to house music. like a raver hand move mix with gliding on the floor poplock influence.

Ive seen cats in battles that bring aspects from that school to the table with nice results

any info?

Loft

Paycheck got mad housedance round the pool table skills.

• hip hop dancing although cool (just trying to be objective) is for cheerleaders and choreographys

When i look at dance school there is a breakdance class and a hiphopdance class. The latter refering to the aforementioned despcriptioned. (more music video steez)

Yeah, when I say "hip-hop dancing" I am talking about "new school" dancing, as done by cats like the mop-tops crew, housing authority, etc.

I am not talking about dance school. I am talking about the dancing that you might see in videos like "SOB Story", "All For One", etc that was happening in the late 80s to early/mid 90s.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

Yeah, when I say "hip-hop dancing" I am talking about "new school" dancing, as done by cats like the mop-tops crew, housing authority, etc.

I am not talking about dance school. I am talking about the dancing that you might see in videos like "SOB Story", "All For One", etc that was happening in the late 80s to early/mid 90s.

My bad should've guessed

On another trend thing these guys that do all this shit from the upper body stregth on some asian technique are also something i was wondering about

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts

Didn't Master Ace have dancers called "The Big Steps" at that time?

• aka "Freestyle Dancing"

freestyle dancing all the way 100%. no question. shame for even asking said question!

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    A co-worker of mine wanted to know where she could purchase "Hip Hop Dance Lessons" for her boyfriend.

"You mean like the Fly Girls on In Living Color?"

"No, like Darren's Dance Grooves but in a class."

I told her that I have no idea.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

We nuh wrisponce(we dont care)

Elephant man is serious.

Discuss.

We nuh wrisponce(we dont care)
    Elephant man is serious.
    Discuss.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Subtlety:

Back-up-singer-dancing.

• This is tight

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    ...check that pinto in the back.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

FINALLY!!!!

PLEASE TO SEND ME ONE, SATAN

what about woppin'?

Look like somethin' outta Karate Kid.

• Look like somethin' outta Karate Kid.

That's funny cause to me it looks like Mr. Supreme in the back and the little kid in the front looks Fever-one from RSC. But I do were glasses so I could be wrong.

That's funny cause to me it looks like Mr. Supreme in the back and the little kid in the front looks Fever-one from RSC. But I do were glasses so I could be wrong.

So that means they're invulnerable to critque?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

So that means they're invulnerable to critque?
    are you sure tecumseh? i thought he was the whole front row, dj scene was repping the back?

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I gotta go with the housers...

...the fuck outta here...

• I gotta go with the housers...

...the fuck outta here...

HAHA! HOUSERS BLUD...

• DJAckDJAck 255 Posts