MPC 2500

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
DamnI must be sleepinUntill taody I had no idea there was a MPC 2500!!!!!!!!Reviews PLEASE?

Comments

• All you want to know about the 2500

http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewforum.php?f=21

and more..

• Thanks for the link man.

Heres a vid of the 2500:

http://www.samplekings.net/mpc2500_preview.htm

• No Problem Parkz
    yea yea, seen those videos Interesting little machine fo sho.
    But I joined the MPC 3000 family this year, and im NOT LOOKING BACK EVER AGAIN.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I joined the MPC 3000 family this year, and im NOT LOOKING BACK EVER AGAIN.

Man, what's the deal? I had one when it came out but...uh...I couldn't hold on to it.

I remember seeing EVERYONE in that Behind the Beat book with one. What does it have the others don't?

/lil MPC dude apparently

• sound of converters/lowpass filter with envelope/dedicated buttons for functions instead of 100 submenus.

When I first got it I was like

what??? no undo button??? wtf

Now I was a 2k xl dude before and thinking about the undo thing now makes me feel very little dude.

It changed my method of editing tracks and the fact that I now use overdub+erase to erase notes made the entire thing alot more intuitive for me. I've used almost every mpc atleast once apart from the sixty and the 2500, and the 3k is really what suits me best. I guess its a personal thing but I do boom bap and modern ish (commercial crap ) and it gets both jobs done very sweetly. Thinking of it now, ppl from both sides use 3ks, think dre, think shadow, think dilla, think geology...

It doesnt disturb me, but some more modern-mpc-users might be terrified by things like : missing trackmute screen, no waveform display, no timestrech, no reverse...

If I had the dough I would never turn down an offer for a sixty though. From what I heard its THE REAL SCHITTT and everyone that has one fucking swears by it (it doesnt have a lowpass filter though, thats why many cats use 60+s950)

If it comes down to one thing, id say: THE SOUND

Day, if you need more details PM me, I think an endless post about what it can do and what its limitations are would make this a 4 page thread just with one post.

I heart this machine and I cant wait to add an ASR10 to my setup.

p.s.: mind posting some of those studios? It didnt make my xmas list and the other pics on the web are terribly small.

hope that helped,

eerie daily

• I started out with hardware. Roland drum machines and shit. That real maschit. But untill I get an MPC or a SP1200, I'm gonna fuck with computers. I still use hardware, but it's going into, or being controlled by, computers. Hardware is just a specialized computer with a simplistic interface. To me the draw toward a MPC is pure creative process. I like to keep it fresh and different. It's more than just making a beat for me.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    yeah im that way too, i have an asr-10 myself, and an emax rack. but i still make my beats in cubase. i guess im just spoiled with a good sequencer... and its nice to be able to mix the track at the same time as youre making it, but i have to admit that im too lazy to do that most of the time.