to murder any blacks that resisted Christianity
    These Moors, these black men and women
    were from Baghdad, Turkey[/b]
    And today, you eat the turkey, for your Thanksgiving day
    as the European Powers destroyed the Turkeys[/b]
    Who were the forefathers of your mothers and fathers

Um....

WTF!?!?

Yeah.... dudes mean well, but rappers really should not be giving history lessons. From Ras to KRS to Nas, etc etc (not that the schools do a much better job, mind you).

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts

HAHA

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    In the Philly's Most Wanted song "Cross the Border" the one dude (I'll be damned if I can tell those fools apart) misspells Cancun. He's all "Down in C-A-C-U-N."

-e

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    In the Philly's Most Wanted song "Cross the Border" the one dude (I'll be damned if I can tell those fools apart) misspells Cancun. He's all "Down in C-A-C-U-N."

-e

Rappers need spell check, too.

• Skin's protected against the Ozone Layer

Chuck D - Fear Of A Black Planet

• I've heard that 50 cent called Dr. Dre an untalented producer because he is still using a MP3[/b] istead of switching to computers like all new producers...

HAHAHA! mp3!?

• edubedub 715 Posts
    You're thinking of Piccadilly circus...

There's a Piccadilly Square too!

YEAH...

LOL... this thread is Hi-larious!! you guys are

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

LOL

Just an FYI though - there is a Piccadilly Square at Piccadilly Circus though. At most Circus' there's a square. Check a map dammit. And it's commonly referred to as square. I lived and worked around the corner from there a few years back.

• fly south like a PIGEON - lord finesse

yea...ok

• "That's what I said, Hitler is a dickhead"-- melachi

and more from Greg Nice-
    "Bitches on my dick, it's just a small thing.."

• People these jewelz from Ras Kass on "Nature of the Threat":

Moors from Baghdad, Turkey[/b] threatened European Christians
    Meaning, the white way of life; hence the Crusades for Christ
    On November 25th, 1491
    Santiago defeats the last Muslim stronghold, Grenada
    King Ferdinand gave thanks to God for victory
    And the Pope of Rome and declared this date to forever be
    A day of Thanksgiving for all European Christians
    .. Now listen, when you celebrate Thanksgiving
    What you are actually celebratin
    is the proclamation of the Pope of Rome
    Who later, in league with Queen Isabella
    sent Cardinal Ximenos to Spain

Um....

actually, ras kass might have done his research here. baghdad was part of the ottoman empire (later known as turkey) for a couple of hundred years starting 1534:

i doubt that all black men and women at that time were from "baghdad, turkey" though, because trade with the african empires had been going on for a while...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

-e

WHAT'S NEXT
    WHAT'S N-X-E-T

btw eli whitney was a white dude but the cotton gin was good for workers because it meant they didn't cut their hands open removing seeds from cotton.

still had to do the work, but it's something...

• btw eli whitney was a white dude but the cotton gin was good for workers because it meant they didn't cut their hands open removing seeds from cotton.

actually, the invention of the cotton gin made cotton harvesting really profitable for the first time. so the whole slave-driven cotton industry started right with whitney...

• YoYoYoYo 21 Posts
    I've heard that 50 cent called Dr. Dre an untalented producer because he is still using a MP3[/b] istead of switching to computers like all new producers...

HAHAHA! mp3!?

Yeah what an old thing. Akai mp3[/b] is just soo old school!

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Yeah, I was going to say: Iraq didn't exist until post WWII.

See - Ras is deeper than ya'll.

People these jewelz from Ras Kass on "Nature of the Threat":

Moors from Baghdad, Turkey[/b] threatened European Christians
    Meaning, the white way of life; hence the Crusades for Christ
    On November 25th, 1491
    Santiago defeats the last Muslim stronghold, Grenada
    King Ferdinand gave thanks to God for victory
    And the Pope of Rome and declared this date to forever be
    A day of Thanksgiving for all European Christians
    .. Now listen, when you celebrate Thanksgiving
    What you are actually celebratin
    is the proclamation of the Pope of Rome
    Who later, in league with Queen Isabella
    sent Cardinal Ximenos to Spain

Um....

actually, ras kass might have done his research here. baghdad was part of the ottoman empire (later known as turkey) for a couple of hundred years starting 1534:

i doubt that all black men and women at that time were from "baghdad, turkey" though, because trade with the african empires had been going on for a while...

• btw eli whitney was a white dude but the cotton gin was good for workers because it meant they didn't cut their hands open removing seeds from cotton.

actually, the invention of the cotton gin made cotton harvesting really profitable for the first time. so the whole slave-driven cotton industry started right with whitney...

thanks

• "george bush doesn't care about black people" - k.west

• Yeah, I was going to say: Iraq didn't exist until post WWII.

So natives of that country were referred to as "Turkeys" and that is somehow tied to the American holiday of Thanksgiving? OK!

• Yeah, I was going to say: Iraq didn't exist until post WWII.

So natives of that country were referred to as "Turkeys" and that is somehow tied to the American holiday of Thanksgiving? OK!

that's his mistake: people of said empire were called ottomans back then and would be called turks now. no turkeys there...

"george bush doesn't care about black people" - k.west
    why would you object to kanye's quote? do you disagree?

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    do you think the dudes recording and chilling in the studio at the time this shit was said are just as ignorant? Or afraid of backlash?

okay, i get it now. that was a long sentence. i don't care about the other rappers, but i think it's funny that kanye would be so blantant about his opinion.

though, i don't think kanye cares much about his listeners, by that doodoo album he just dropped.

okay, i get it now. that was a long sentence. i don't care about the other rappers, but i think it's funny that kanye would be so blantant about his opinion.
    though, i don't think kanye cares much about his listeners, by that doodoo album he just dropped.

Are you a rapper?

Are you a rapper?
    not in a way where i posture to other people on internet message boards, that i am. do you know what i mean?

• Hiphopsite has a best-of list every year and they always have a category for "most questionably gay lyrics". This is their list from 2001:

1. ???Niggas give me props, bitches give me cock??? ??? Tray Dee on Eastsidaz ???Everywhere I Go???

2. That rapper who???s dick you ridin??? / he???s ten year???s behind me!??? ??? Ras Kass ??? Beatminerz??? Ras Kass on ???Bentleys and Bitches???

3. Whether you my nigga, my bitch, or I don't know you / Wu-Tang Killa Bees, son, what? Don't make me blow you!??? ??? RZA ???Show You Love???

4. ???I???ll fuck a big bone or slim chick?????? - Horse on ???Oochie Wallie???

5. ???Suck my dick you fucking faggot??? - Jadakiss on ???Fuck Beanie Sigel Freestyle??? ***

6. "You got your girlfriends, I got my boyfriends" - Ja Rule on ???Ain???t It Funny???

7. ???Slap your chin strap, when I push your wig back / the best man at your wedding cause I probably hit that!??? ??? Channel Live ???Spark Dat???

8. ???I'm like Big wit the murder mamis up in Belize / but I'll still fuck a chickenhead like Lil' Cease??? ??? Jadakiss ???Knock Ya Self Out???

• Hiphopsite has a best-of list every year and they always have a category for "most questionably gay lyrics". This is their list from 2001:

1. ???Niggas give me props, bitches give me cock??? ??? Tray Dee on Eastsidaz ???Everywhere I Go???

Yeah but on the west coast "cock" isn't really gendered, it refers to female genitalia as well. I never really felt comfortable using it like that but have heard it plenty of times.

There are quite a few lyrics like that, Quik 2nd II None and Penthouse Players Clique will tell you about "funky cock hoes"

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Hiphopsite has a best-of list every year and they always have a category for "most questionably gay lyrics". This is their list from 2001:

Yeah but on the west coast "cock" isn't really gendered, it refers to female genitalia as well. I never really felt comfortable using it like that but have heard it plenty of times.

There are quite a few lyrics like that, Quik 2nd II None and Penthouse Players Clique will tell you about "funky cock hoes"

In Philly, too, apparently--Schoolly D has lyrics like that.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Hiphopsite has a best-of list every year and they always have a category for "most questionably gay lyrics". This is their list from 2001:

In Philly, too, apparently--Schoolly D has lyrics like that.

Florida, too. Luke's "Head, Booty, and Cock" anyone?

-e

• I think C. Mingus tries to clear up this same confusion for some lady in his bio "Beneath the Underdog":

"No, you've got a cock. This here is the cock opener."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Anybody catch Ali in that track Grillz?
    Gotta bill in my mouth like im Hillary Rodham