New to Soulstrut (introduction)

doneiverdoneiver 12 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
What's up everybody,Finally registered after perusing the strut for awhile. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is William. I like records. I work for a hip hop label in Brooklyn. I'm always looking for more info on old records and such, and you all seem to have a wealth of knowledge about them. Hit me with questions (yes, we accept demos). Thanks. Gettin in...w-

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Sorry, we're not taking applications for new members/punching bags anymore - all previously available positions have been filled, but thanks!

Just kidding, welcome.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    Welcome,

William is the greatest name on the planet!

Plz post more about records to balance out my NRR post.

Peace,

DOR/Billy

• Welcome!

I work for a hip hop label in Brooklyn.

Any big names?

• William is the greatest name on the planet!

Peace,

DOR/Billy

Big co-sign

the3rdstream/will

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    What's up everybody,
    Finally registered after perusing the strut for awhile. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is William. I like records. I work for a hip hop label in Brooklyn. I'm always looking for more info on old records and such, and you all seem to have a wealth of knowledge about them. Hit me with questions (yes, we accept demos). Thanks.

Gettin in...
    w-

Hey William, be welcome to SoulStrut.

I hope people here don't hit you too hard.

Nah, just clowning.
    SS is a nice place to have fun, learn and talk about records & music.

Peace

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    welcome.

get out now while you still can.

• get out now while you still can.

Peace,

DOR/Billy

Big co-sign

the3rdstream/will

Welcome! The name "will" is asign of great taste.

Otrc/Willem

Peace,

DOR/Billy

Big co-sign

the3rdstream/will

Otrc/Willem

yeah are you into really expensive british jazz records?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

William is the greatest name on the planet!

Peace,

DOR/Billy

Big co-sign

the3rdstream/will

Otrc/Willem

yeah are you into really expensive british jazz records?

you talking about that Love Songs LP? You don't like it?

Oh and um, welcome to the board, new guy.

• you talking about that Love Songs LP? You don't like it?

no me and red clay have an affection for british jazz albums we probably pay way to much for, or at least i do

no not at all, i make love to that album everyday if not at least 4 times a week, iam eternally grateful to you for it.

• Shameless promotion:
    www.nature-sounds.net

some of our higher profile releases included Masta Killa of the Wu-Tang Clan's solo debut "No Said Date", R.A. the RUGGED MAN "Die, RUGGED MAN, Die", Best of KMD, a couple of the DOOM special herbs (vol. 4 and 5&6), Mathematics "the problem", Black Market Militia (Tragedy Khadafi and Killah Priest Collabo). In 2006 we're doing the Ghostface/ DOOM collabo, a new Pete Rock album, Strong Arm Steady Gang (Xzibit and Co.), Ayatollah Instrumental record "now playing", and a Tragedy/ Raekwon record. We've also released some dub/reggae stuff from Augustus Pablo, Chinna Smith, King Tubby, and have a new project coming out in 06 by the Scientist. Busy year it will be.
    w-

• omega one.

• yup, Omega One too. Can't believe I forgot that. Very good instrumental hip hop record in the DJ Shadow "endtroducing" vein...
    w-

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    Eyh, Welcome William.

Bapt

• welcome.

get out now while you still can.

um, what she said.

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

some of our higher profile releases included Masta Killa of the Wu-Tang Clan's solo debut "No Said Date", R.A. the RUGGED MAN "Die, RUGGED MAN, Die", Best of KMD, a couple of the DOOM special herbs (vol. 4 and 5&6), Mathematics "the problem", Black Market Militia (Tragedy Khadafi and Killah Priest Collabo). In 2006 we're doing the Ghostface/ DOOM collabo, a new Pete Rock album, Strong Arm Steady Gang (Xzibit and Co.), Ayatollah Instrumental record "now playing", and a Tragedy/ Raekwon record. We've also released some dub/reggae stuff from Augustus Pablo, Chinna Smith, King Tubby, and have a new project coming out in 06 by the Scientist. Busy year it will be.
    w-

I bought the R.A. the RUGGED MAN album,Welcome yout.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    don e ivar
    donnie iver (sp?) - head of epic

what's up with that?