UK Grime

marumaru 1,450 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
anyone know where i can score some vinyl?roll deepwileykanocrazy titch....everywhere i've looked hasn't had it, online and in store. not really sure where else to look besides ebay.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Have you checked www.juno.co.uk?

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    Have you checked www.juno.co.uk?

cool

• marumaru 1,450 Posts

cool cool. anymore? trying to find the best deals

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

cool cool. anymore? trying to find the best deals

Hey Maru

On top of the ones listed, this site is a bit of a labyrinth but has a good selection:

UK Record Shop

Does require you differentiate between grime and eski though.

• I would try www.independance-records.co.uk as well,just click on underground garage, new releases, some other people to check for are :-

Skepta, Bashy, Syer, Doogz, Ruff Squad.

The Risky roads dvds are worth looking at as well, enjoy

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    Kano's ok but roll deep are bobbins. :P What defines grime from garage?

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Kano's ok but roll deep are bobbins. :P What defines grime from garage?

Kind of a grey area but my understanding of it was that garage has kind of been taken over by the more soulful, poppy music (think Artful Dodger style), grime is supposedly a more raw, synth based sound. However that doesn't account for eskimo.

However, as Wiley pointed out, it's all just label's created by the press anyway.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Check out Lethal Bizzles new album, supposed to be crazy .

.... Pow was anyway :d

Check out Lethal Bizzles new album, supposed to be crazy .

.... Pow was anyway :d

It is pretty damn fiya.

• don't forget dubstep!

actually I hate it all. Did anyone see the clip of Lady Sov... knocking over the monitor in philly the other night because the sound sucked in the place she was trying to perform at? UK Chav music bah.

don't forget dubstep!

actually I hate it all.

Pfff...

One of my fav. albums of the year:

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

hey, be forewarned that almost all of the above (esp. ukrecordshop and independence-records!!!!) fuck you in the ass for shipping, like charging 15 pounds (27 bucks) to ship 5 records to the US, when actual cost for that is closer to 4 pounds!

i find this to be really sleazy, thus i order most of my grime stuff thru chemical records who are really fucking decent about shipping and shit comes FAST... plus they take off the VAT for US orders. gotta plug them, as they could be dicks like everyone else and instead choose to be cool...

the lethal b album is kinda weak, besides "uh oh" and "fuck you", there's too much
    filler and r&b... which is probably why it sold 10,000 copies... the roll deep album isn't THAT much better, (or do much better, sold 40,000), but it's a stronger album...
    "when i'm here" , "poltergeist relay" and "heat up" are worth it for the CD alone (the LP is not on wax for either of these records...)

kano's record IS, but i think it's sold out by now. actually a pretty solid LP with a mix of grime, hip hop and more... and Diplo's production on it is great...

catch all the stuff Ruff Squad is doing right now, they are killing it...

lady sovereign is grime-lite...

• My friends at ohoi.dk has some nice online mixes of grime / garage / 2step / drumnbass. Click "lyt til ohoi" and go from there....

Beware that the website is in danish-only.

Dress

oh, and you are just getting into grime and not really looking for certain records, but just a chance to hear some of the real white label stuff, check out http://www.napiformrecords.com/. they are based out of Hoboken and are WAYYYYYYYYY cheaper then buying from the UK... plus, they still had Jammer's Murkel Man Outburst in stock (check my avatar), when everywhere in the UK was sold out...

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    thanks. a lot of information for me to process. i almost placed an order with juno, but the shippign was like 15 pounds.

was kano's album released on vinyl? is p's and q's on 12". i didn't know diplo did production. that's

(the LP is not on wax for either of these records...)

kano's record IS, but i think it's sold out by now.

• hey, be forewarned that almost all of the above (esp. ukrecordshop and independence-records!!!!) fuck you in the ass for shipping, like charging 15 pounds (27 bucks) to ship 5 records to the US, when actual cost for that is closer to 4 pounds!

Whoa I don't know who is telling you UK shipping to the US is close to ??4, cos it certainley isn't. It costs ??2.50 to send a single 12" across the UK, so shipping to the US is definately more than ??4 especially if you want it insured,packaged well, etc.
    Don't forget that the usual cost to ship a single 12" from the US to the UK is usually $12.
    IM

hey, be forewarned that almost all of the above (esp. ukrecordshop and independence-records!!!!) fuck you in the ass for shipping, like charging 15 pounds (27 bucks) to ship 5 records to the US, when actual cost for that is closer to 4 pounds!

Whoa I don't know who is telling you UK shipping to the US is close to ??4, cos it certainley isn't. It costs ??2.50 to send a single 12" across the UK, so shipping to the US is definately more than ??4 especially if you want it insured,packaged well, etc.
    Don't forget that the usual cost to ship a single 12" from the US to the UK is usually $12.
    IM

dude i ordered 4 records today from Chemical Records and they charged me this:

Subtotal : UKP25.52
    VAT : UKP0.00
    SHIPPING : UKP4.40
    TOTAL : UKP29.92

they package their shit fine and it gets to me in under a week from when i've ordered it. yes, it's not insured, but either is ukrecordshop (flimiest mailers ever... like a piece of fucking oak tag..) or independence... at 3 times the price...

Can anyone recommend any extra grimey raw schitt? I always get a lot of fluff when I'm looking for these records.

Only por favor

• Can anyone recommend any extra grimey raw schitt? I always get a lot of fluff when I'm looking for these records.

Only por favor

Sure thing,try the following...

12"s
    ______

Skepta : Private caller

Syer : Pussy

Nasty Crew : Hackney Kid

Nasty Crew : Cock Back

Mr Wong : Orchestra Boroughs

Flirta D : Hoe

Crazy Titch : Sing-a-long

DJ Mex : Slow

Doogzilla : Hello

CD/DVDs
    _________

V/A : Risky Roads 1

Bashy : UR MUM

V/A : Lord of the Mics

V/A : Street Anthems vol 1 & 2

V/A : D.P.M. presents Street Grime vol 1 & 2

All of the above are

If I figure out how to do it I'll post some mp3s later this week...
    IM

• please do!

Thanks much. From what I could track down online, this is exactly what I was talking about.