THE FLU (SICK RELATED)

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody get this yet? It's going around like the black plague over here ... culmintating in the kiddie underworld and spreading to the grown ups. I had it this weekend and thought I was going to die.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    sex is incredible when you have the flu. Don't know why though.

• I dont know if I am really down for sex when I have the flu

and strangely enough, the one year I got a flu shot(either last yr or the yr before) I came down with it worse than I have ever had it in my whole life

• Anybody get this yet? It's going around like the black plague over here ... culmintating in the kiddie underworld and spreading to the grown ups. I had it this weekend and thought I was going to die.

yes i had it about 3 weeks ago when the weather changed. it was cold for a week, and then back to the 80s. last monday i was at the computer at about 11:30 pm, i couldnt stop yawning so i was like fuck it im gonna go to bed. normally i have no trouble sleeping, especially not if im as tired as i was that night. at about 2:30am i woke up and just could not go back to sleep for nothing. couldnt get comfortable, my head hurt, id sleep for like 15 minutes, wake up stare at the clock, curse myself and then try to go back to sleep. when i got up the next morning to go to work, i was super exhausted, all day at work i couldnt do shit but stare off into space, i even took a nap which i never do. all i could think about was getting home and riding the couch the rest of the day. when i got home and took my temp it was 100.9, i layed there on the couch freezing my ass off with 2 fleece blankets and the heat on. i kept dozing in and out, and finally woke up around 11 sweating buckets, the fever broke. the next 2 days my head was still pounding and my neck was hurting. turns out my dad was in the hospital at the same time with meninghitis(sp?). my mom thought i could have gotten it from him over thanksgiving though. i was kinda shook at that actually. my dad is still in the hospital a week later but hes 100% better. he would be at home right now but one of his antibiotics has to be taken by IV.

getting the flu sucks.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    I had a weird mini-flu last weekend - on Saturday I woke up with the classic hot/cold, sore muscles, v. tired - ended up sleeping something like 90% of the day, and then another 12 hours until Sunday, and then I was fine. very strange.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    this airborn shit has been working for me, i've felt like this sickness has been coming on and i've been keeping it at bay...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    this airborn shit has been working for me, i've felt like this sickness has been coming on and i've been keeping it at bay...

cosign on aireborne, the shit is a miracle worker.

• jgissjgiss 42 Posts

cosign on aireborne, the shit is a miracle worker.

My job has me in and out of people's houses on a regular basis along with working long hours, so I seem to be a magnet for the flu around this time of year (already had a bad bout once and have fought it off a couple of times).

I've never heard of Airborne before, but I swear by this stuff

It's holding off a cold/flu as we speak

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I just got the flu and had to work both of my jobs on my bornday.

I also had sex on the flu and it wasn't that great. In fact, adding snot to the already-too-many mix of bodily fluids is

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    "The closest I've ever come to death was masturbating with 103 degree fever"
    - Larry David

• im on the flu/fever team

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    turns out my dad was in the hospital at the same time with meninghitis(sp?).

Your symptoms you described are quite similar. Meningitis especially would do the neck thing, but not like, "my darn neck," more like " AAAAAAAAAAAAH my neck! Why!" kinda thing. Also, the temp seems a freckle low for meningitis. You should see a doctor to see if you had/still do have antibodies for it. Untreated meningitis can make your brain casing swell and kill you.

Be safe
    Peace
    T.N.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Menengitis =

and possibly =

My friend got menengitis, real bad, almost died. Doctors came and photographed his feet for medical books. Now he has these purple dots on his feet. Also

• Yup, have that evil flu right now. I can't sleep!!!!! There's some weird hallucinatory shit that happens while I'm drifting in and out of sleep. Kinda scary... Had it since Friday and at this point probably suffering some form of mild psychosis broughton by sleep deprivation.

Oh yeah, also feel like there's a 10lb weight on my head.

Haven't been sick in years. Too many people at my job have been passing this around lately. Guess it was a matter of time. Most people I know have this shit right now.

• turns out my dad was in the hospital at the same time with meninghitis(sp?).

Your symptoms you described are quite similar. Meningitis especially would do the neck thing, but not like, "my darn neck," more like " AAAAAAAAAAAAH my neck! Why!" kinda thing. Also, the temp seems a freckle low for meningitis. You should see a doctor to see if you had/still do have antibodies for it. Untreated meningitis can make your brain casing swell and kill you.

Be safe
    Peace
    T.N.

well, i feel completely better now. i dont have health insurance so when i go to the dr. its on some i feel like im dying shit. my mom said they werent exactly sure if it was meningitis because they had presecribed him some antibiotics the day i got there(wed. b4 thanksgiving). the cultures wouldnt grow since he already had antibotics in his system. i feel pretty much 100% better right now.