i hate this guy but this is incredible NRR

13»

Comments

• the steve mcmanaman reason is funny...

whats missing from the england team now???

PASSION

no drive,no Real team spirit.

i can honestly say we`d have a chance if we had more confidence and a coach who shows he cares.

This sort of talk is great on the terraces, won't win you shit, mate. Now go paint your face and work on the beer gut!

i think macmanaman was a good player,but not that good that you`d build a team around him.he wasn`t consistent enough for me.he DID link up well with owen though.

not going to bother going into that age old argument about if giggs chose england..

remember..some players can`t step up and make it in the international arena.look at ian wright.unbelievable player for arsenal,both home and in europe..couldn`t do it for england.

i`m wondering whether shaun wright philips is going to get a decent run in the chelsea team this season and if not sven is going to pick him still?

i hope sven tries carrick in the holding role behind lamps and gerrard - i believe this could be very effective.look at brazils unsung hero gilberto 4 years ago.

otherwise what do you suggest???

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) he is Ronaldinho - I'm 100% sure that he can do that - some of my medium skilled soccer friends could do that on a lucky day - it's not impossible to do

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No fucking way. Even the Lebron James commercial was more believable. If soccer players were actually that good AND consistent, there would be absolutely no need to have a goalie standing there during shoot-outs.

hahaha, yea, honestly, let me c a video sometime then.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

i think macmanaman was a good player,but not that good that you`d build a team around him.he wasn`t consistent enough for me.he DID link up well with owen though.

not going to bother going into that age old argument about if giggs chose england..

remember..some players can`t step up and make it in the international arena.look at ian wright.unbelievable player for arsenal,both home and in europe..couldn`t do it for england.

i`m wondering whether shaun wright philips is going to get a decent run in the chelsea team this season and if not sven is going to pick him still?

i hope sven tries carrick in the holding role behind lamps and gerrard - i believe this could be very effective.look at brazils unsung hero gilberto 4 years ago.

otherwise what do you suggest???

Ah, you countered my cheeky jibe with facts, %@#$! My flank has been exposed

You may be onto something with the holding role. Really you want some guys in there who have amazing team instincts and can pretty much mind-read the other players around him. IMO, England tried to to do this the quick way by relying on ManU's old youth team for the last 8 years, but ended up with some great players who were lacking in the mental bit, and lose their heads (Beckam, Neville, Batty (wtf??)) or can only think attack, like Gerrard. None of these players could hold the ball like Macca. All I said was that he had potential if the team tactics had been more sophisticated. I have not seen them play since Euro2004 so I am all eyes if you think that things could happen in there.

Ian Wright is a special case, he was playing sunday league until quite late in life. Wenger did once refer to him as the best finisher he'd ever seen so maybe he just never got the right service. But I don't think it's about the attack so much as keeping hold of a lead or dictating play.

Giggs would have been nice to have around, definitely knows how to celebrate a goal with gusto

• Shoot me... I miss Gazza and his styleeeeeeeeee

Also, Vinnie, better actor than baller? Plz discuss!!!

we need a new thread for that one...lol

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

Still trying to figure out Liverpool. Great manager???

i think the squad is finally all starting to gel. it was a big change from the houlier era to the rafa era. i know chelsea will be hard to catch, but if the reds continue at this pace, we'll finish second.

liv erp double o l liverpool fc...

The difference this season is that the squad is settled, particularly in defence. The midfield is solid, although we really need a wide player to take some of the pressure off Gerrard - maybe Mark Gonzales will fill that role when he finally arrives. Zenden plays better in the centre of midfield than out wide, and as for Kewell, expect him to leave in the January sales. The quality coming off the bench is a lot higher as well. I don't expect us to lose too many games between now and the end of the season.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    haha crouch, the beanpole is a joke. LOL at that "goal" on saturday, his first one.. haha

that vid is fake, there was something in a national newspaper making light of it, and the guy at nike admitting it wasnt real.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts

i`m wondering whether shaun wright philips is going to get a decent run in the chelsea team this season

Shaun Wright-Phillips to Chelsea = what happens when you let your agent decide which team you're going to play for.

• sconesscones 434 Posts
    zamora's goal tonight was pure class.. good lad

• Another reason to hate the guy eh?

His house and its location are rediculous.

Need powerpoint or powerpoint viewer to view it.

http://www.comefromchina.com/newbbs/archive/topic/396191

Crazy.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

one player you left out from your list of greats was marco van basten..

indeed!

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Another reason to hate the guy eh?

His house and its location are rediculous.

Need powerpoint or powerpoint viewer to view it.

http://www.comefromchina.com/newbbs/archive/topic/396191

Crazy.