R.Kelly National Anthem Appreciation

RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
Dude kicked that out at the Hopkins-Taylor fight... people booing, I love It!

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Damn, didnt see it, but thats fresh. I am a fan of anything and everything r.kelly from now on.

• Dude kicked that out at the Hopkins-Taylor fight... people booing, I love It!

Ahhh... I only caught the tail end of it, I thought I heard the crowd booing. You think they didn't like his interpreation (was that a "steppers" version of the anthem?) or were they just booing Kels because he likes to pee pee on underage girls?

And what you think of the fight, Ray... did they job B. Hop again? It was close (boringly close) but Hopkins landed a higher percentage, more power punches and from looking at their faces after the fight you'd think Taylor got beat the hell up.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

Ahhh... I only caught the tail end of it, I thought I heard the crowd booing. You think they didn't like his interpreation (was that a "steppers" version of the anthem?) or were they just booing Kels because he likes to pee pee on underage girls?

And what you think of the fight, Ray... did they job B. Hop again? It was close (boringly close) but Hopkins landed a higher percentage, more power punches and from looking at their faces after the fight you'd think Taylor got beat the hell up.

Hey,

Personally, I really didn't feel Kells rendition of the national anthem. I found it to be some embarrasing, ghetto, n***a-type shit!!! Why can't cats sing the song with some type of respect and reverence (although the song doesn't entirely ring true)? It kinda reminds me of when cats put 5-star rims on a 7-series Benz

About the fight, I'm upset that B-Hop lost since I'm a big fan. But, cat DID lose. He did not fight consistently enough throughout, whereas Taylor was punching more regularly during each round. B-Hop should have fought using the style he did against Trinidad when he was more consistently on the attack. It really hurt Hopkins that he lost the 11 round, as the momentum was going his way. For Taylor though, I think the buck stops at Mr. Winky Wright. Taylor is definitely lacking skill-wise (e.g., no head/upper body movement, simple 1-2 punch attack), and Winky's gonna lift his skirt up on that. You saw how he Trinidad.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• About the fight, I'm upset that B-Hop lost since I'm a big fan. But, cat DID lose. He did not fight consistently enough throughout, whereas Taylor was punching more regularly during each round. B-Hop should have fought using the style he did against Trinidad when he was more consistently on the attack. It really hurt Hopkins that he lost the 11 round, as the momentum was going his way. For Taylor though, I think the buck stops at Mr. Winky Wright. Taylor is definitely lacking skill-wise (e.g., no head/upper body movement, simple 1-2 punch attack), and Winky's gonna lift his skirt up on that. You saw how he Trinidad.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yeah, mane... I think B. Hop just got old against Taylor. No way does Taylor have the skills that Hopkins has, but his hands were faster and probably was stronger that Bernard too. I agree wholeheartedly, though... Winky Wright is the dude right now. He'll run right through Taylor, exposing all of those flaws you mentioned and give the boy a terrible beating. Somebody last night suggested that Hopkins might fight Winky for his last bout... B. Hop, don't do it! Just retire now and make your mama happy. I don't see anybody f**kin' with Winky at middleweight at the moment.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    About the fight, I'm upset that B-Hop lost since I'm a big fan. But, cat DID lose. He did not fight consistently enough throughout, whereas Taylor was punching more regularly during each round. B-Hop should have fought using the style he did against Trinidad when he was more consistently on the attack. It really hurt Hopkins that he lost the 11 round, as the momentum was going his way. For Taylor though, I think the buck stops at Mr. Winky Wright. Taylor is definitely lacking skill-wise (e.g., no head/upper body movement, simple 1-2 punch attack), and Winky's gonna lift his skirt up on that. You saw how he Trinidad.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Yeah, mane... I think B. Hop just got old against Taylor. No way does Taylor have the skills that Hopkins has, but his hands were faster and probably was stronger that Bernard too. I agree wholeheartedly, though... Winky Wright is the dude right now. He'll run right through Taylor, exposing all of those flaws you mentioned and give the boy a terrible beating. Somebody last night suggested that Hopkins might fight Winky for his last bout... B. Hop, don't do it! Just retire now and make your mama happy. I don't see anybody f**kin' with Winky at middleweight at the moment.

Yep Phill, I don't want to see Hopkins fight Wright. That would not be pretty. Winky is one of the most skillful, disciplined fighters in boxing right now. Oh yeah, who are you picking in the prospective Mayweather/Judah fight? I think I'm picking Pretty Boy Floyd.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Oh yeah, who are you picking in the prospective Mayweather/Judah fight? I think I'm picking Pretty Boy Floyd.

Yep, Pretty Boy, no doubt. I've seen Zab look real good, but I've also seen him look real wreckless and undisciplined. I think it could be a good fight, though, especially if Zab comes with his A-game. Did they sign for this fight already or are they just talking about it?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    It kinda reminds me of when cats put 5-star rims on a 7-series Benz

ooo man, you been in Milwaukee too damn long...7 series is a BMW homie.

It kinda reminds me of when cats put 5-star rims on a 7-series Benz

ooo man, you been in Milwaukee too damn long...7 series is a BMW homie.

I thought there were 700 Benzes too (those long chumpies). My bad, either way, ghetto-fying a luxury ride is

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• Big Stacks please don't bring up painful memories of the Hopkins-Trinidad fight from a few years ago, it still pains me. Hope fully Trinidad will stay retired, if not he'll be punched into a coma or Mohammed Ali status. I didn't see the Hopkins vs. Taylor fight, but was surprised by what I read in the paper. Taylor isn't a good fighter at all and considering how the July 16 fight went, I thought Bernard was going to finish him off for real. Hopkins age is starting to show, if he doesn't hang up his gloves now, he will soon.

Winky will smash Taylor, so would Judah. Winky and Judah would be an interesting fight, and although Judah hasn't been fighting tough opponents his last few bouts he's a hard hitter. Winky everyone knows is nasty. Can't call it.

• nashnull amfem sucked. so did the fight. B. Hop was robbed once again. I like that crazy fucker.

Larry Merchant always sounds shithammered by the fourth round, you know he is knocking back highballs the whole night. dudes eyes were bloodshot and crooked after the fight.

Oh yeah, who are you picking in the prospective Mayweather/Judah fight? I think I'm picking Pretty Boy Floyd.

Yep, Pretty Boy, no doubt. I've seen Zab look real good, but I've also seen him look real wreckless and undisciplined. I think it could be a good fight, though, especially if Zab comes with his A-game. Did they sign for this fight already or are they just talking about it?

Hey Phill,

I think the Mayweather/Judah fight is being talked about right now. Oh yeah, Manny Pacquio (sp?) signed on to fight Erik Morales again. Who are you takin'? I got Morales again although I can't stand that fucker!!! He's really an arrogant, unsportsmanlike dude. Did you see how he threw water at Marco Antonio Barrera when Barrera came up to shake his hand after (kicking his ass during) the fight? But, Morales is simply too big and long (reach-wise) for Pacquio to handle.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts

You said it... he didnt start late he just didnt stay busy... I just needed him to let that right hand go, thats how to hurt him last fight... I dont really think Taylor is going much further without better defense though... anyway I like Winky and Floyd... I dont know about Zab though...

Winky's gonna lift his skirt up on that. You saw how he Trinidad.

Ahh man... The Puerto Ricans was hot about that around my way!

Oh yeah, who are you picking in the prospective Mayweather/Judah fight? I think I'm picking Pretty Boy Floyd.

Easy money right there.

• I think the Mayweather/Judah fight is being talked about right now.

If Judah beats Carlos Manuel Baldomir on Jan. 7, he'll most likely fight Mayweather on March 18.
    Zab Judah's schedule and fight history.

Hey,

I hate to rain on the parade, but I predict the Mayweather/Judah fight to be a boring, tactical fight. Both fighters are technically skilled and inclined to be counterpunchers, which sets the stage for a lot of posing and feignting (and not enough punching). This is especially likely since they will have to respect one another's skills, or potentially get caught and hurt. I won't mind this kind of fight, since I'm a former student (and major fan) of the sweet science (average schmoes hate such fights). Who knows, maybe some fighting might break out in spots, though. I could be wrong, since Judah's fights with Corey Spinks were pretty interesting, and Judah did play the hunter in both fights (especially during the rematch). We'll see...

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    R Kelly is a goddamn cartoon ....i haven't laughed that hard in a long time

i don't understand why these singers/musicians think the national anthem is a talent show audition...

i saw this one sax player dude hold the "land of the freeeeeeeeeeee" note for like a fuckin minute....clown ass fools

and hommies B-Hop was robbed again.....

500 punches in a big ass cloud of dust and wind when only 1/3 of them connect and 0.00009 % of them actually land clean... looks cute... but you gotta be kidding me...

once again Bernard was punished for his boring,flashless style ...he did what he had to do to win ...but i guess boxing judges want a less boring representative of the sport....

look at both fighters after both fights....Bernard looked like he could go another 12...Taylor looked like he wanted to take a nap at Kaiser

• look at both fighters after both fights....Bernard looked like he could go another 12...Taylor looked like he wanted to take a nap at Kaiser

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    R Kelly isn't allowed here anymore after he dropped his pants on stage here,and to top it off they said " im bwow" it's official he not making it past customs.