Russian squirrel pack 'kills dog' ( !!! )

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited December 2005 in Strut Central
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4489792.stmRussian squirrel pack 'kills dog'[/b]Squirrels have bitten to death a stray dog which was barking at them in a Russian park, local media report.Passers-by were reportedly too late to stop the attack by the black squirrels in a village in the far east, which reportedly lasted about a minute.They are said to have scampered off at the sight of humans, some carrying pieces of flesh.A pine cone shortage may have led the squirrels to seek other food sources, although scientists are sceptical.The attack was reported in parkland in the centre of Lazo, a village in the Maritime Territory, and was witnessed by three local people.A "big" stray dog was nosing about the trees and barking at squirrels hiding in branches overhead when a number of them suddenly descended and attacked, reports say."They literally gutted the dog," local journalist Anastasia Trubitsina told Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper."When they saw the men, they scattered in different directions, taking pieces of their kill away with them."Mikhail Tiyunov, a scientist in the region, said it was the first he had ever heard of such an attack.While squirrels without sources of protein might attack birds' nests, he said, the idea of them chewing at a dog to death was "absurd"."If it really happened, things must be pretty bad in our forests," he added.Komosmolskaya Pravda notes that in a previous incident this autumn chipmunks terrorised cats in a part of the territory.A Lazo man who called himself only Mikhalich said there had been "no pine cones at all" in the local forests this year."The little beasts are agitated because they have nothing to eat," he said.

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    jesus

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Notice how they were "black" squirrels. What does a black squirrel look like? Reminds me of "africanized" bees.

• g-unit

• Notice how they were "black" squirrels. What does a black squirrel look like? Reminds me of "africanized" bees.

uh it looks black? there are black squirrels, just as there are brown and grey ones.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Notice how they were "black" squirrels. What does a black squirrel look like? Reminds me of "africanized" bees.

Be afraid.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

well this time they are quite literally black

"EBONY and IVORY/We're together in perfect harmony"

• it is still kinda funny that they specified they were black squirrels.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    what are authorities waiting for?

it is still kinda funny that they specified they were black squirrels.

but they are black squirrels. jesus people.

that is the KIND of squirrel they are.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I heard they are comunist too

I heard they are comunist too

STOMP THEM OUT!

i understand that champ...take a look at the first post I made. however, IT IS STILL KINDA FUNNY THAT THEY SPECIFIED THEY WERE BLACK SQUIRRELS. how is this hard to comprehend?

Black Squirrels are actually Grey squirrels.

Pure Black and Pure White are variations. These variations are referred to as "Black Squirrels" or "White Squirrels" because of the color, not becuase of your racist paranoias.

Flying squirrels are called Flying Squirrels becuas they glide through the air. Even though they are not actually flying they still have the name "Flying". Im sure there is some conspiracy there as well right soulstrut?

i understand that champ...take a look at the first post I made. however, IT IS STILL KINDA FUNNY THAT THEY SPECIFIED THEY WERE BLACK SQUIRRELS. how is this hard to comprehend?

I never said I didnt comprehend it.

I just dont see why its funny

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    More shocking news: dog was supposed to be a CIA's undercover agent

I dunno, I guess I've never seen a news story about squirrels that specifies what kind of squirrel they are...I mean who cares?

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts

I dunno, I guess I've never seen a news story about squirrels that specifies what kind of squirrel they are...I mean who cares?

Know your enemy.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Lots of people care - the journalist obviously cared enough to be accurate and point it out that the squirrels were black squirrels. I applaud the journalists accuracy as I would not want to think that the grey squirrels where I walk my dog would be capable of such a thing. If he had left it ambiguous as to what type of squirrels they were I might be left wondering whether it was safe to walk my dog past the grey squirrels.

• Notice how they were "black" squirrels. What does a black squirrel look like? Reminds me of "africanized" bees.

• Quote:Notice how they were "black" squirrels. What does a black squirrel look like? Reminds me of "africanized" bees.

This is insane... I hope you were joking

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    It's obvious that had these been gray or perhaps WHITE squirrels, the race of the spuirrels wouldn't have been at issue here.

I'm completely kidding here.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    raj needs to make new shirts with pictures of sayer and squirrels... its the soulstrut mascots...

...and crinkledick

Quote:Notice how they were "black" squirrels. What does a black squirrel look like? Reminds me of "africanized" bees.

Come on people! Of course I was joking! Sheesh!

Quote:Notice how they were "black" squirrels. What does a black squirrel look like? Reminds me of "africanized" bees.

in all fairness.. you never know around here.

in all fairness.. you never know around here.

Hahaha, i love that this thread exploded in an argument anyways.

• A pine cone shortage is no laughing matter.

• A pine cone shortage is no laughing matter.

These animals are AGITATED!!! AG I TATE EDDD!