gwen stefani's new video

Comments

• No it's funny that you like the song... that's first...and then while justifying that by saying "hey it's pop music don't take it so seriously" you're simultaneously analyzing the art direction... too funny
    yeah, it's a laugh riot that I don't have my head stuck so far up my ass that I can see multiple angles...

it's a laugh riot that you like this record

• Leave it SS to turn everything into a racially charged subject. I'm really sick if it. You guys need to check yourselves sometimes and come back down to earth. This place is like a college student union w/ all the self-righteous BS. I think you guys love to be offended and actually thrive on finding what you consider to be racist things out in the real world and then bring them back to the internets to pontificate.

• It's a good pop record plain and simple. I know it's more fun for you to be a music snob though...

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    You guys realize you are fighting about a gwen stefani record?

• yes

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What she does is in poor taste ??? this doesn???t change much, but one could argue she herself is not White as she is Armenian. But I guess the blond took care of that! From day one No Doubt and Stefani???s schtick has been to pull from all directions into one horrible looking and sounding mess. At this point in pop culture, everyone refers to everyone else, though I think a lot can, and should, be said for execution.

I'm starting to see why Madonna is mad at old girl for stealing her steelo.

Yup. Though Madonna is a different, more dodgy, story to me ??? she made her whole career by gleaning/stealing/appropriating/exploiting/whatever you want to call it. Everything from gay culture to Japanese culture to AIDS sympathy to Black male sexuality to ???street??? culture. She used it, got one step up, then lost interest in it and tossed it aside. Her popularity made it acceptable. Ick.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i wanna see the video... someone post an mpeg. then i'll let you know if it's good or not.

• I haven't even seen the video in question. I do like the song though including Slim Thugs verse (which was not on the album and is indeed a direct attempt to "cross over" and yeah I don't care that it is). I really liked the video b4 this one. I can't remember the name of the song but I think it's "You know You???re Cool" or something like that. Super 80's vibe to the song (and the whole record really) but the video was awesome, good wardrobe, great locations exterior and interior and really great general vibe and look to it.

she looks good... but her husband is everything zen

• she's been going downhill quick, but i lost all respect for her when i heard "hollaback girl" ... thought it was some midget mouse joke song, and then it was stuck in my head for a week, ugh.

some of her "LAMB" stuff is kinda cute though.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    good wardrobe, great locations exterior and interior and really great general vibe and look to it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Super 80's vibe to the song (and the whole record really) but the video was awesome, good wardrobe, great locations exterior and interior and really great general vibe and look to it.

• ya'll need to step your jpeg clownery up. emynd I don't get yours at all but maybe you are trying to call me gay or something and jlr that shit don't even display...

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    jlr that shit don't even display...

what? I'm seeing a lovely Joan Rivers pic here

• not in the northern hemisphere...

• Yo she stole Nelly Furtado's flow on that track which is in itself
    well said on the rant.. then again, they are from Orange County....

Why do you think I wanna get outta here sooooooo bad....

OC is killin me with the lifted up trucks, middle class suburban kids dressin up like white trash and a weird fascination with star tattoos.

a****n

if you move out of the oc how are you gonna get that huge blackflys sticker off your car's rearwindow?

where's bellcity?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i like the song, Slim thug busts on it(no ayo)

man these soft tacos taste funny...

• yeah but she has younger sister (or two) that is and she (the sister) could get it...

• What she does is in poor taste ??? this doesn???t change much, but one could argue she herself is not White as she is Armenian.

take that shit to glendale.com. for real anyone expropriating anyone's culture for pure profit is whack. whether gwen stefani has done this is up for debate. I think she's whack no matter whut. I feel you on Madonna; her case is even more obvious/disturbing/nauseating.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What she does is in poor taste ??? this doesn???t change much, but one could argue she herself is not White as she is Armenian.

take that shit to glendale.com. for real anyone expropriating anyone's culture for pure profit is whack. whether gwen stefani has done this is up for debate. I think she's whack no matter whut. I feel you on Madonna; her case is even more obvious/disturbing/nauseating.

i know!!!!!!!!!!that's why i wrote that it doesn't change much.

(wait - even comedians? that's another thread entirely)

i did go to glendale.com and found the gloves pages especially creepy!

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    back from work and read through....

Emynd kinda killed it yo.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    one of my friends asked me if diddy and biggie's moms were getting paid off this song

ya'll need to step your jpeg clownery up. emynd I don't get yours at all

"good wardrobe, great locations exterior and interior and really great general vibe and look to it."

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts

too true!!!

THE REASON
    not to mention black flys, well shit they part of club rubber too...

as for gwen, in the mid 80's to early 90's, No Doubt was a solid band, they used to have an 8man horn section that was amazing & were a ska/reggae band comprised of all races. they used to have 2 singers, Gwen & a dude named jonh who killed himself, from that point on they went down hill quick, but gwen CAN sing, which is more than i can say for the rest of this auto-tune generation... she is an old friend of mine as was the rest of the band, & watching them self destruct once they got a major deal was ill, the label was pushing her to go solo from day 1 & ditch the band, which has happened, now she is a puppet on a string & its really sad...
    but $$ def changes people... & im sure she's not the shot caller puttin together ideas for the videos or the collabs... major label game is pathetic, but imo so is following their lead to get some scrill...

Hi d**z

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

THE REASON
    not to mention black flys, well shit they part of club rubber too...

as for gwen, in the mid 80's to early 90's, No Doubt was a solid band, they used to have an 8man horn section that was amazing & were a ska/reggae band comprised of all races. they used to have 2 singers, Gwen & a dude named jonh who killed himself, from that point on they went down hill quick, but gwen CAN sing, which is more than i can say for the rest of this auto-tune generation... she is an old friend of mine as was the rest of the band, & watching them self destruct once they got a major deal was ill, the label was pushing her to go solo from day 1 & ditch the band, which has happened, now she is a puppet on a string & its really sad...
    but $$ def changes people... & im sure she's not the shot caller puttin together ideas for the videos or the collabs... major label game is pathetic, but imo so is following their lead to get some scrill...

wow.

• I like Gwen Stefineass.

You guys overanalyze waaaay too fucking much. It's a goddamn pop song. A lot of you fools are diggin' some "Laffy Taffy" and have the nerve to clown some other pop shit THAT'S NOT EVEN MARKETED TO YOU?! Yes it has Slim Thug and it is STILL not trying to make you a Gwen fan. My money says that the Slim Thug verse was to pull the teenage girls who started seeing all these "new" Houston rappers on MTV. Slim doesn't seem to have a problem with her image.

C'mon, you guys are smarter than this.

Herm

P.S. I, too, dig the "Laffy Taffy" song.

• Its nice that they got the obligatory backspin shot in there at the end. "Dont forget kids, Djs are cool and so must this song be if a DJ "spins" it."

laughable video and career moves from Gwen.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    ya'll need to step your jpeg clownery up. emynd I don't get yours at all

"good wardrobe, great locations exterior and interior and really great general vibe and look to it."

hilarious.