Which of you have been on here for over 3 years?

2»

Comments

• been just about 3 years i think.... i think i used to be "djqwakqwak", but i didn't post much then (before the big crash/switch/whateveritwas), and not much now.

• man, I have no idea. 4 years? couple server switches?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    counting lurking, 3 or 4 years? I dunno...

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts
    Well I was Dreidel Menorah and was quite vocal in a different lifetime - I wonder if I still have access to that name...

I remember you! Probably been here for at least 3 or 4 years.

me too - didn't you (Dreidel) used to go to record fairs with Ashrock & Bsides in Boston?

Yea that was me. Wow - I forgot all about that fair. Sealed Black Belly of the Tarantula for $8.00. And Ashrock - dude was mad cool. Drove me out there and everything. He still on here?

Times done changed. All the original nerds were here for when people were actually still coming on the site saying that they bought the Leo Sayer LP and couldn't understand what all the hype was about. I met a bunch of dudes - even went to London and chilled with a bunch of the kids from out there - and was treated to a lovely salmon dinner by ill Bill Brewster himself. And what about when Monty Stark first started hitting people up on here and we were mad suspect if it was him. And lots and lots and lots of talking shit on Kevin from A1. The good ol days.

• i first signed in in the summer of 2002, so 3 1/2 years. as you can see i don't post that much.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Long time - I dunno - lost track really, but before the big board crash and we all went back to zero, I was way over 1,000 posts.

Meh.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Over three years under two or three different names. Who was it used to have the location "Clap your soldiers standing" or something? Never understood that one.

• Over three years under two or three different names. Who was it used to have the location "Clap your soldiers standing" or something? Never understood that one.

Guess it was "Clap your soldiers sober".

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Well I was Dreidel Menorah and was quite vocal in a different lifetime - I wonder if I still have access to that name...

me too - didn't you (Dreidel) used to go to record fairs with Ashrock & Bsides in Boston?

damn. thats a long time ago. Ive been on here forever. Yeah thats W*****.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Over three years under two or three different names. Who was it used to have the location "Clap your soldiers standing" or something? Never understood that one.

That's the one.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    i remember when 85% of the posts where from raystar, chase something, and raj.

damn, how long has it been?

• At least 4 years....

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I remember Drediel menorah being the first non-homey soulstrutter I met out in the Real World at FMU in 200(?). Now something like that is no big deal.. but back then it was a mind blower... like this guy actually enjoys hanging out on my web site.

• Since inception. Holy crap is that 6 years?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Trying to think....I think I found this thru a Google search, and was looking for some info on a record. Might have seen John Book drop the name on Okayplayer(yes, my introduction to message boards was Okayplayer, I admit it) and checked it out...can't recall. I know I was on checking the articles and mixes for a month or more before I even clicked on the forums.

I remember Brocolli, Multsanta, Funky16Corners, IronMonkey, Raystar, Jinx(whatever his old handle was),NevilleC,lots of folks.....

good times....good times

• Well I was Dreidel Menorah and was quite vocal in a different lifetime - I wonder if I still have access to that name...

Yea that was me. Wow - I forgot all about that fair. Sealed Black Belly of the Tarantula for $8.00. And Ashrock - dude was mad cool. Drove me out there and everything. He still on here?

Times done changed. All the original nerds were here for when people were actually still coming on the site saying that they bought the Leo Sayer LP and couldn't understand what all the hype was about. I met a bunch of dudes - even went to London and chilled with a bunch of the kids from out there - and was treated to a lovely salmon dinner by ill Bill Brewster himself. And what about when Monty Stark first started hitting people up on here and we were mad suspect if it was him. And lots and lots and lots of talking shit on Kevin from A1. The good ol days.

Hey homie - yeah I'm still here! where you living now? I remember that trip where I (barely) hit a car then sped away....

on the run...

record shows in boston were total crap in retrospect.

For those who don't know, dreidel is the man for dressing up as hall & oates for halloween.

I was about to say it hasn't been 3 years for me, but it's gotta be. It's been 2 1/2 years since I've been down here, so I guess I started late 2000 or early 2001? I remember going to stores in Boston and they've been closed for at least 3 1/2 years.

Things have totally changed. Back then for me life was just about coasting on unemployment.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Been checking this board since late '99. Kind of scary thinking it's been over 5 years! life moves exponentially faster as you get older.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

That's the one.

Was that faux rills?

I always wondered what that meant too.

Hi dreidel.

• Been here since day one, suckas!

• What Ever happend to the "Butt Curry" thread?

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I think ive been around since 01. The brocolli boinzai days, i reckon.

• WoimsahWoimsah 1,734 Posts

Hey homie - yeah I'm still here! where you living now? I remember that trip where I (barely) hit a car then sped away....
    on the run...
    record shows in boston were total crap in retrospect.

For those who don't know, dreidel is the man for dressing up as hall & oates for halloween.

I was about to say it hasn't been 3 years for me, but it's gotta be. It's been 2 1/2 years since I've been down here, so I guess I started late 2000 or early 2001? I remember going to stores in Boston and they've been closed for at least 3 1/2 years.

Things have totally changed. Back then for me life was just about coasting on unemployment.

There he is. What's really bad fam? Glad to see that this place is still keeping it nerdy (in the best way). And definitely - Raj - I remember that WFMU well. Damo Suzuki (sp?) from Can was there which was very ill. And there were those French guys with the unreal 12"s that absolutely no one could afford. New York City for $300, Whistle Bump for $200, UK Dominoes for $175. Iron Monkey - whatup b? You were def there as well. Good peoples yo.

Can we start talking shit about some other dealers? That was one of this site's first callings - and amazingly enough some of the dealers eventually caught wind of our online shenanigans. With that in mind - Sanders from Record Collector on Melrose - you're a deushe bag. They're records - they're meant to be played - it's not a fucking wax musuem. And that poor dude who works for you - I'm going to call the authorities on you for that one. But for those who are new faces - go hit up the store. He's got some nice library activity going on in the back of the store. Plus you can every now and again get things like a sealed Kusini for $40. But yea - Sanders still sucks a massive load.

• Mostly lurking since 2002, when I hit unemployment. Found the site looking for mixes. Once re-employed, dropped out and just recently began to check again. One of my favorite ways to kill a few hours.

Peace,
    Cortez

• I first registered right around Halloween of 2002 when I was in Atlanta with a friend on a business trip. Finally got up the balls to post, asking about Atlanta digging spots. I'd been lurking around for a while before that though, never posting.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    What Ever happend to the "Butt Curry" thread?

You liked that huh!... try searching for Phill Most's "Dingleberry's" post...

• boast1boast1 142 Posts
    heavy lurking since '01

• For about a year i didn't even know there was a forum on here, Dolt! Then lurked in late 2001, then signed up year & half later, but then it crashed, so i thought it had dissapeared, then signed up again in 03 when I figured it out. Der! Something like that.

What's thebreaks.com?