anyone interested in new Yin Yang Twins single?

2»

Comments

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Paul Smith parka.

It's funny you mention my man Paul Smith. We collaborated with him for the upcoming year to develop some really high-end functional outerwear within our AK line. It's going to look really good.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Apropos of this pic, I offer a classic thread title from www.okayplayer.com:

"Is Kanye West exploiting and abusing the symbolism of the backpack?"[/b]

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

LMFAO!!!

IS this for real???

LMFAO!!!

IS this for real???

Sadly, yes.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Is there some sacred backpack those dudes worship or something?? Is Kanye a false idol??

Is there some sacred backpack those dudes worship or something?? Is Kanye a false idol??

I can only imagine that the poster was somebody that got into rap about three weeks ago via some Scion marketing campaign, who saw that "backpacker" was being applied to all of the acts that he liked and didn't realize that it was a derogatory term...

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

I can only imagine that the poster was somebody that got into rap about three weeks ago via some Scion marketing campaign, who saw that "backpacker" was being applied to all of the acts that he liked and didn't realize that it was a derogatory term...

Why's it gotta be derogatory? Why not just descriptive?

Doggs, you and I both know it's a derogatory term; people that like that kind of rap don't refer to themselves as backpackers.

Don't look at me, because I'm not the one that assigned the meaning to the word.

• ArchaicArchaic 633 Posts

Doggs, you and I both know it's a derogatory term; people that like that kind of rap don't refer to themselves as backpackers.

Don't look at me, because I'm not the one that assigned the meaning to the word.

Yeah, forget I asked.

Organized Konfusion...those blasted backpackers.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    It's a no win situation these days. If you don't like the majority of commercial shit you're not really into rap. If you listen to underground you're corny and out of touch. It's crazy divided right now. I like some of both (Freeway, Beanie, One Be Lo, Emanon etc.) but alot of it i'm just "meh" on.
    There's some people doing some innovative things with beats and alot of "ok" songs out but on a whole nothing really moves me too much.

People are too quick to name call and say who is or isn't down when sometimes it's just a matter of personal taste.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    The phenomenon of people "growing out of rap" seems like the new thing here; ten years ago, rap had only existed in recorded form for ~15 years, which isn't really long enough for people to have gone through the cycle of wholeheartedly embracing and then abandoning it.

Now in 2005 you got a whole generation of poptarts that think they've "outgrown" it.

You used to be a backpacker, just admit it!

I outgrew backpack rap.

Me and my crew...don't f*ck with us an our old-school views nor our packs...

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    It's a no win situation these days. If you don't like the majority of commercial shit you're not really into rap. If you listen to underground you're corny and out of touch. It's crazy divided right now. I like some of both (Freeway, Beanie, One Be Lo, Emanon etc.) but alot of it i'm just "meh" on.
    There's some people doing some innovative things with beats and alot of "ok" songs out but on a whole nothing really moves me too much.

People are too quick to name call and say who is or isn't down when sometimes it's just a matter of personal taste.

Man yall are growing pussies

Hi Day

Anyways um why the fuck does it have to be innovative??? It's not a fucking science fair. It's music. Best music is like three chords. Best beats are one note. Don't knock it (bitch). Honestly, if nothing moves you it's probably you, not the music. The music moves plenty of people - just not you. I find that incredibly sad, but to each his own.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

People are too quick to name call and say who is or isn't down when sometimes it's just a matter of MARKETING [/b].

• dayday 9,611 Posts

Hi Day

Anyways um why the fuck does it have to be innovative??? It's not a fucking science fair. It's music. Best music is like three chords. Best beats are one note. Don't knock it (bitch). Honestly, if nothing moves you it's probably you, not the music. The music moves plenty of people - just not you. I find that incredibly sad, but to each his own.

guess that means no CDR huh?

bah!

To each his own - for real though, if i'm not feeling fuckin Mike Jones or whoever (which some shit I am) why is that sad? I find white guys professing what's considered "real" and "good" in Black music sad.

People have different tastes. Just like anything else, some things move you some things don't. I fuckin like what I like.

I said there's some good shit out there but for the most part it's like whatever to me (IN BOTH COMMERCIAL AND "THA UNDAGROUND")and I am not alone in that sentiment.

We've all had this debate before and gotten nowhere with it.

Hi Paychecks

• Ross Hogg's Top Two CDs To Jog To, April 2005:[/b]

Paul Wall "Chick Magnet"

DJ Day "Credit Is Due"

Both get me to mile 3 in 25 minutes.

Thanks, White Boys! Couldn't have done without you.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

Hi Day

guess that means no CDR huh?

bah!

To each his own - for real though, if i'm not feeling fuckin Mike Jones or whoever (which some shit I am) why is that sad? I find white guys professing what's considered "real" and "good" in Black music sad.
    People have different tastes. Just like anything else, some things move you some things don't. I fuckin like what I like.
    I said there's some good shit out there but for the most part it's like whatever to me and I am not alone in that sentiment.

We've all had this debate before and gotten nowhere with it.

Hi Paychecks

Oops, sorry I knew you were gonna see that as being directed at only you because I quoted your thing

What I find sad is that you (or anyone really) is that yall are all professed "hip-hop heads". I mean, I know its hard but you should try to read this thread from a third person perspective. Sounds hella sad. Hella old school record rock dude and shitz. I'm not trying to determine what is or isn't good; but I'm not the one with the complaint.

But no, you shall get your cdr...

It's a no win situation these days. If you don't like the majority of commercial shit you're not really into rap. If you listen to underground you're corny and out of touch.

Not to be contentious, but that actually sounds like a win-win situation for people that listen to "commercial" rap; they get to be "into rap" while not being "corny and out of touch"...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    True, true though you get what I meant.

I wasn't saying how I feel in that statement but more of an observation.

I know alot of people fall into that "if it ain't '88-'93 then it aint shit" mentality but I don't.

And Paychini don't lie fool you know that shit was directed at me!

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    the crazy thing is all these dudes Paul Wall, Slim Thug, Who? etc. WERE underground untill a few months ago. You can still be underground and candy paint slab riddin' while sippin' on lean. You can also be underground and backpacking through your private mindgarden.

• CahootsCahoots 378 Posts
    -

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    You are correct in that no, he never explicitly discusses raping the girl. I contend that graphically describing rough sex and "beating the p%$$y" up, and all the other shit he says (i.e."my 10 foot poll, take your soul, make you cum out your nose, etc."), however, would not make it difficult for impressionable kids to make the leap to rape.

Like I said, I'm all about beatin it up between two consenting adults who are sophisticated enough to understand domination/subordination shit when it comes to sex...two 11 year olds shouting out these lyrics and thinking it's the thing to do, THAT I have a problem with and that is precisely what I deal with...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

----*ahem*