Formal Introduction

Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I realized I've been inserting my unwanted opinion about everything under the weather and have yet to introduce myself. (This is a chance for all you other newbs to do the same.) I'll keep it short.My name's Theo, I'm 25 and I just moved to New York area. I live in Bushwick with my gf in a disgusting loft were going to move out of soon. I've been Djng since I was 14, and started getting serious with it around 17 when I could finally afford some decent equipment. I've been making beats since around the same time when I got my mpc2000 which I still use. I am not the king of all diggers and boast a modest 3k to 4k record collection. These days I usually don't spend more than 20 bucks for a record since I dont have the money I used to. I have most of the classic staples but I would hardly call myself a serious collector compared to some of you crazy mothers. I was in Santa Barbara for a while where I attended UCSB and then dropped out with four classes to go. I was an art major. both were terrible mistakes. before that, I spent a year in New York going to NYU film and before that grew up in sunny Los Angeles. That being said, I'm doing a number of small time jobs and part time hustles -- working for this B filmmaker, doing radio promos (sob), scoring things here and there and so on. Looking for a paid focus group program.Been checking out soul strut for a few years, but this is my first personal computer with internet and I have only recently discovered forums and message boards. I'm usually up late most nights working, so if you see me posting random shit at 5 in the morning, tell me to get back to work. Now I need to get back to work. Peace. And all you dollarbin people, let the world see who you are...

Comments

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Welcome!

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Welcome. Nice resum??.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I am not the king of all diggers and boast a modest 3k to 4k record collection.

Welcome--it is rare that one encounters somebody on SoulStrut who does not believe himself to be the king of diggers.

• I don't think that is true DG...the little dude factor is NOT an epidemic, at least that I can see.

Welcome Sun fortune!

I don't think that is true DG...the little dude factor is NOT an epidemic, at least that I can see.

Who are you to argue with me--the king of diggers?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Welcome. My wife went to UCSB.

• I don't think that is true DG.

Dude, plaese don't refer to Faux_Rillz as "Da God." Not a good look for you.

Welcome Sun fortune!

I don't think that is true DG.

Dude, plaese don't refer to Faux_Rillz as "Da God." Not a good look for you.

Seriously. It's DYG--Da Young God.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    radio promos

lets hear some of those library joints you copped.

I'm usually up late most nights working, so if you see me posting random shit at 5 in the morning, tell me to get back to work.

its sorta hard to get a reply at that hour here.

anyways, welcome to the Land of 1000(+) Diggers and crazy collector mothers