dropping acid (nrr)

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    One more story.

My buddy and I were tripping out in the New Mexico desert, back about '72. The people we were crashing with had a rag top and we thought it would be a buzz to take it for a spin on the highway and see everything zip by and the wind in our face.

So were bombing down the road with the top down, the sun, clear skies, telephone poles zipping past. All alone on freeway when... sirens!

Cop pulls us over, and we try to be cool. (Can he tell were tripping?)

"Do you boys have any idea how fast you were driving?"

"Ahh 80?"

Dirty look from the cop.

"90?"

Angry look from the cop.

"More?"

Cop turns red, "You were going 22 miles an hour!!!"

• Acid is *mind altering* and its effects can be *permanent* - so bottom line is - if you like the way you think now - don't bother - because it will change. I've never done it because I know I couldn't handle it. But trust me - I've seen my fair share of Acid Casualties. Just get some good vodka - the hangover will go away.

• "nobody should do acid after they're 16"

I didn't get into it seriously until around 19-25. Would do it all again and then some. 4 hits of liquid looking over

and I could see every insect in the air for about 100 feet around me and the most impressive feeling that the universe is nothing but an illusion.

I also like the fungus, but after eating an 1/8th in my parents house, I was listening to Let It Bleed and convinced that my Mom was going to murder my Dad. Luckily he was out of town on a business trip. That Stones shit can be dark, brother!

Most influential experiences of my life. So I say give it a try, but remember that they are very powerful and can make for serious alterations in the human biocomputer.

Good luck,

Cortez

• autezautez 404 Posts
    One more story.

My buddy and I were tripping out in the New Mexico desert, back about '72. The people we were crashing with had a rag top and we thought it would be a buzz to take it for a spin on the highway and see everything zip by and the wind in our face.

So were bombing down the road with the top down, the sun, clear skies, telephone poles zipping past. All alone on freeway when... sirens!

Cop pulls us over, and we try to be cool. (Can he tell were tripping?)

"Do you boys have any idea how fast you were driving?"

"Ahh 80?"

Dirty look from the cop.

"90?"

Angry look from the cop.

"More?"

Cop turns red, "You were going 22 miles an hour!!!"
    ahaaha

ive done mushrooms like 6 times. freaked out a couple times. usually i snap out of it the same day and get back to reality. i want to try acid but i cant find it anywhere. coughpmmeaciddudescough

• nobody is being dramatic about this. make sure you are with people you trust 100%.
    I had a friend that was raped while on a trip. Talk about a bad trip. It fucked her head up major. She was in need of some serious help after that. I lost touch with her but I hope she got some help. I think she wanted to kill herself for a while.

• i have two friends who took acid back when we were 16.
    one went crazy...grew his hair mad high `cos he thought he was growing horns,knocked at my friends place at 2am with a bottle of wine wanting to bless him and also thought he was one of the kray twins for a while.he`s now passed on after years in and out of mental hospitals..he was one of my best friends at school.. RIP gary.

another friend took trips around the same time for about 3 years..he`s 33 now and has just been admitted to the local mental unit.he gradually worsened over the years - paranoid to the point where he believed his dreams,and thought even his friends like me had something against him.i fear for him too now..

i also have friends who dropped more shit than both of the other two who are fine - normal lives,kids,no mental problems..

like other people say..it isn`t for everyone.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    i've never done it, but i've had friends who have.

for the most part it was a good experience, but one dude started going psycho. he had a baseball bat in his hand and was pounding it into his other hand. his eyes were completely dialated and he was sitting in the corner, silent for like 30 minutes. then all of a sudden he says "guys, you ever wonder what it would be like to kill someone?"

heads were shook.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Acid Casualty stories are so nostalgic.

He ran into the woods on a camping trip. Ran home 15 miles in the middle of the night totally crazed.

This was '94. He's been in and out of Mental Institutions even before the "incident".

http://www.lacrossetribune.com/articles/2005/07/02/news/02ablan.txt

Really good friend until he totally lost his mind.

• Erowid LSD page
    Erowid.org is an excellent source of info on a number of psychoactives. As an older head (35) and having done over a hundred trips heres'some advice.
    Set and setting are most important . Be in a place with the people you feel comfortable with and a location you feel good in. I personally would rather drop a trip and hang out in the country side than go to club tripping (been there done that though) as I feel more alive there and are more at peace.
    Music is crucial to your trip if you are going to be indoors and as your in a highly suggestive state Death Metal may not be such a good choice. Definately don't play Aphrodites Child- 666 while tripping as even when i am straight it freaks me out a little. Soul funk Claasical Jazz reggae House techno are better choices. Classical music can sound good too.
    Sex is amazing on acid and if you are already with a luscious godess do some with your lady and experience a psychedlic tantric union.

Most importantly have Fun.

LSD is one of those things that you can use to understand the nature of the self and the universe if used consciously and with intent or you can just stare at the floor for 5hrs or in the paradox do both

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I once took some mushrooms and went to an outdoor jazz fest in Providence RI with a bunch of roommates. It was super crowded and being around all those people disoriented me something serious. Then some Manhattan Transfer style vocalese group came on and all of the voices going "Shooby-Dooby-Wop-Woah" in 4 part harmony at festival volume kind of overwhelmed my senses. I had to lay down on the grass in the middle of the fest and literally couldn't move for a couple of hours. I was just immobilized, looking up at the clouds, listening to the music and holding my girlfriend's hand. I couldn't even talk, and for a little while I had to concentrate to keep from peeing myself, my muscles felt that relaxed. After a while I started to come back to myself and was able to sit up and communicate again. Everytime I hear "A Night In Tunisia" I think of that day because Maynard Ferguson played it as I was coming down and I really dug it.

Anyway, all that stuff is way in my past, I haven't taken that shit in like 15 years. Life as a grown up with kids and responsibilties is weird enough, no need to pour gas on the fire.

And as a last thought on the whole Mushrooms vs LSD comparison I offer this: When is the last time a bunch of chemists in a lab (let alone bikers in their bathrooms and basements) were able to improve on something nature already has provided for us?

• I couldn't even talk, and for a little while I had to concentrate to keep from peeing myself

LOL

And as a last thought on the whole Mushrooms vs LSD comparison I offer this: When is the last time a bunch of chemists in a lab (let alone bikers in their bathrooms and basements) were able to improve on something nature already has provided for us?

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    lotta good posts/stories... as a former acid head (first trip, age 15) gotta say a couple things... first, shit is not joke... second, if you are comfortable with yourself and who you are, shit is no big deal... that's it really... all acid does is peel back all the layers of denying that people put on their lives... if you are REALLY cool with you and who you are deep down, you'll be fine... if you have a lot of unresolved bullshit, you're in for a deep experience... that said, hearing colors is the shit!

• I messed with acid most weekends over a period of about a year, sometime in the late 90???s.
    Stopped taking the shit when the bad trips out weiged the good ones.

Since messing with acid I swear my memory has gone down the pan, and I swear the shit has made me paranoid.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    I have never been a fan of acid, though I did it prolly 40-50 times between 15-18 like the rest of yall. I got more bugged off microdots than I ever did off Acid.

I remember the first time I did Acid, I was with a bunch of homies, and it was all our first time. We tripped well in to the morning, stayed up all night. we walked down by the river by my house at the crack of dawn, and my boy started throwin rocks at ducks that were way out in the middle of the river. On his second throw, he cracked a duck in the neck, and it just layed there numb. we waited like 20 minutes for the duck to eventually float to shore. It looked real fucked up, and we were going to kill it to put it out of its misery. My boy grabbed a stick and tapped it near the duck, and boom, out of nowhere, the ducks neck like snapped back in place, and he took off back to his family. That shit was weird.

My same friend took Acid way more serious than any of us, and he would have the craziest shit happen to him. Not once, but twice, he was just walking down the street around his crib, tripping balls, and he looked down and found a 100$ bill. This shit happened to him TWICE within the year.

I don't really have any crazy cool stories about Acid, but a friend of mine dropped 2 full sheets of seriously strong acid (I was pretty gnarled off 1 hit). He came home in the middle of winter with just boxers on, and started telling his brother that Pepsi was the choice of the new generation, and no one understood how crucial that was to the future of civilization, etc. His bro called the cops, and it took my boy about 3 months to get his shit straight again. In the end though, I think it was for the better for him, cuz he was on a bad path before, and now he's like super dad and hella creative and artistic-guy.

Anyways, like these dudes said, if you aint comfortable with your own thoughts or personality, definitly stay away from LSD. It will fuck your mind into no-mans land .

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    acid, you never know what you are getting, so its always a bit of an unknown what you're getting into.

i have great respect for mushrooms.mushrooms have always steered me toward a deeper respect and appreciation of nature. id go as far as to say that they have contributed to my direction in life. heres an old story.

first time down south, with my hommie, on a fledgling digging trip, 10 years ago. we were trooping in a messed up old slant 6 engine gas company dodge van.

so we split an eigth and head down the natchez trace in mississippi...mad indian sites. once we get to the emerald mound, we were in full flight, surrounded by lush mississippi jungle. the mound (2nd biggest indian mound in the country) is like a plateau with two hills on each end, used for native meetings and ceremonies. so we are walking around, dazed and appreciative. this one butterfly was following us around. i ended up on one of the hills looking up at the clouds. i was seeing stories unfold. then this warrior on horseback, made of clouds, steps up front and center and starts letting me know: the fight's still on, pick up any weapons possible, look around you, we gotta fight for all this, you are needed....Then it started drizzling and raining on me and I realized that the clouds had really been forming over my head. we rode out to new orleans through the illest lightning storm ive ever seen. i felt like i got the word from the ancestors.

Man, I've heard alot of similar stories from friends about getting in touch on a deeper level, but I never had those experiences on them. Here's my story and that was the (almost) last time I did shrooms...:

Years ago we threw a party at the Nude Bowl which was an abandoned pool where all kinds of people used to skate waaaaaaay out in the middle of the desert on the side of a mountain.

We brought turntables and a generator and all that shit waaaaay up there and proceeded to get faded. I drank a bunch of rum and coke and bought an 8th of shrooms off somebody. I had taken mushrooms before and they never did anything, so this time, being in my lucid state of mind, I decided to eat the whole bag.

All I remember after that is taking my shirt off and laying in the dirt. I closed my eyes and couldn't stop seeing crazy shit transforming at 100 miles an hour. Then my friends picked me up, took me to the van and left me there. I could hear multiple conversations from outside all at once all around me the whole time. Then seeing everything with a red light on it in the van as we were going home and I swore my friends were driving me to hell. I told him "we're going the wrong way" cause it looked like we were driving up while we were going down the hillside.

I was fucking bugging out.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Never done acid, too afraid of it.

I did mushroom lots, and had a lot of fun times. Coming down on mushrooms and being outside, some of the best feelings ever.

However, I did have one very negative experience. I ate a lot (about 7-9 grams), and completely flipped. Thought I was going to be stupid for the rest of my life. Now I gotta take some brain meds as a placebo to keep me from thinking that. I think it was psychosematic (where you induce it upon yourself), but while I was high I kept thinking "I fucked up my life, I'll never be smart again, I'll just be some sketch case!"... That's not the shit you want to be thinking when you are on a psycadelic.

I guess the lesson here is:

CHECK YOURSELF BEFORE YOU WRECK YOURSELF!

• I think "Use it Don't Abuse it" is another good quote to live by.
    Some of yall talking about tripping on acid 50 times??? or for every weekend for a year?!?!? I know a lot of it can be attributed to the folly of youth....but tats prolly not the prescribed usage pattern for a good introspective time.

so this time, being in my lucid state of mind, I decided to eat the whole bag.
    hahahahaha! famous last thoughts.

iate too many mushrooms in college (poughkeepsie, ny) and someone offered me a free ticket to see phish. why not, i thought. we drove down, i left my coat in their car as snow was falling to the ground. after an hour at the show, i bugged out and decided that i had to get out of the stadium, despite the cops who were trying to keep me in, and that i had to walk home. so i started walking home in a tshirt in a blizzard through a rough part of town. some young guy started chasing me through the empty streets at some point. he finally cornered me and convinved me to follow him (i asked him to empty his pockets and he had a knife for protection). He led me into a dead end alley and grabbed me by my coat and threw me through a backdoor. it was a bar and the kid went to get a cab. people in the bar were fucking with me terrible, like "that ni**er is going to kill you" and hanging up the payphone when i tried to call. anyway, the dude comes back with a cab and is about to throw me in it, but i'm thinking "he could be setting me up" so i asked him to come with me (which makes not too much sense). he did. brought me home. probably saved my stupid ass from freezing to death or an ugly situation. guardian angel.
    the night didnt even end there. wasnt really a bad mental trip, just couldnt find the right space and place. i look back and laugh at how dumb i was/am.

• having some second thoughts. i can get very paranoid and uncomfortable after blunt marathons so my worry is that i'll be caught in an 8-hour schizo/bi-polar whodunnit.

You have answered your own question. If there is ANY doubt in your mind when it comes to acid, dont fuck with it.

Seriously....

• We walked back to the cabin. Now we had 3 tripping people, one with a broken wrist.

One time I was tripping with my brothers and the guys in my one brother's band. We're all pretty high, and I ask if there's any beer left. Everyone says no. Out of my field of vision, the bass player from the band (the stinky bastard I mention in the fart thread) goes down to the basement, finds beer, comes back up the stairs. We're in a dark room (except for the TV) and he shouts "Hey Larry!". I turn around and catch a full can of beer right in the mouth.
    I jumped up and was like "WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?"
    Dude ran away while I was standing there trying to see if my teeth got knocked out. I run to the bathroom and switch on the light to see what happened. My teeth were all OK, but my lip was split almost up to my nose. My equally stoned brothers are standing there, one of them like "Awwww dude that looks pretty bad..." and the other one's all "Shut up man, it'll be ok." One of them wants to call my sister to take me to the emergency room (BAD idea for many reasons).
    In the end I toughed it out and ended up with a hairline scar on my lip.

Moral of the story, don't trip with idiots.

• I was 14 the first time I tripped. My dad used to take me to the philly folk fest every year and it was just a big free for all. He would get drunk and I would be on my own. When some dude handed me mushrooms I had no idea what they were I just ate a hand full. I forgot I took them and two hours later I was wondering what the hell was wrong with me. By the time he asked me if the mushrooms had kicked in I was fucked. The next night I took acid for the first time. After high school I stopped doing it I am not nearly care free enough for that shit anymore.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Heavily tripping on mushrooms four of us decided to go out to the beach then head back to my mate's flat. The flat was on the top floor of an old building with a tiny elevator for two thin people maximum. We just squeezed inside then pressed the button and the thing started to creak upwards. Suddenly it stopped between floors and just wouldn't move at all. We were laughing like crazy to start with then the air became kind of thin and one guy fainted but the elevator was so small he stayed standing up. After about an hour, literally, it just wasn't funny any more and we started shouting and screaming and somehow managed to lever the doors open about two inches. Through the doors we could just see onto the next floor and the doorway opposite. Then the door opened and we saw a pair of slippers and a very old pair of ankles come out and then a little old lady's voice say "Are you alright in there?" By that point the guy who had fainted was just about back with us, although still tripping his nuts off. He leaned forward, squinted through the gap and called up: "I can see up your skirt from here." Needless to say the door slammed shut. We spent another three hours howling with laughter before someone else called the building supervisor.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Mushrooms are way better anyways.

• Mushrooms are way better anyways.
    it depends on if you are that wild digital person or a casual analogue type...the realest factor. tripping in humboldt is like dreams i would have while tripping in socal. you need a beauty to behold. once i ate a chocolate bar with an alleged "2" gs of mush. i would sway more towards 4 or 5 gs 1 hour/1 blunt later. i was home alone all day and all i could do to function was make that shit RECORD RELATED! never saw my expedite the same way again yo!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    The first (and last) time I took mushrooms, I was at the 22 busstop at Haight and Fillmore and I got stunned by some lil punks with a stun gun and then I was on the bus and I could see my purple hair reflection in the window and it was tripping me out and I kept thinking the busdriver was talking to me and then it turned out he WAS talking to me. man, I hate hallucinations. acid is what we did when we couldn't afford extasy.

• After reading all these mostly horrifying stories, I'm so glad I've never experimented with any of this stuff. Normal life is crazy enough, to not have to deal with the chemically induced mental mayhem everyone's writing about here. Sure it makes for some great stories, but all those people who've ended up dead or institutionalized because of acid and what not? Damn, what a waste. Just my two bits.

K

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Fuck drugs. Opiate of the masses. Find yourself a horny girl & fuck each other's brains out for 3/4 hours. Then go for a 5 mile jog, bumping nothing but Huey Louis in the ipod. Have some Indian food afterwards. Repeat as necessary.

• I think you will be alright. There is a more than 50% chance you will a a great time. Even if you don't, It wont be the end of mallard. You will still be you. I've known people who have done the whole wig out thing javascript:void(0)
    it's not pretty. But even they seem pretty much just the same as before they bugged out on acid. They even tryed it again cause it wasn't their first time taking it anyway. but these people already had mental issues as far as I could tell. not severe but almost like you could see (in retrospect) that it could happen to them.
    So, do you feel pretty good about your own mental stability? and have you ever blacked out on anything before? who cares. just get it over with. you'll be fine.

....famous last words.

• honestly, safety first, but don't let the mass hysteria dissuade you.
    reefer madness probably kept a lot of people from getting high who could have probably benefitted from it. be knowledgable and know what you are getting into...know what youre about to pop into your mouth (yes...AYO!)
    difficult to do with acid, not too hard to do with mushrooms.
    mushrooms: take under an eigth and you will most likely have a positive experience. take an eigth and you usually go into tilt and it sucks.

get right with yourself first, of course...drugs or no drugs

• While reading this thread I realized I never really had a good acid trip.

The first time I took acid (15) I ran into my moms at the grocery store where we were TRYING to buy orange juice. Apparently moms was none the wiser cuz it's not been mentioned since. Later I tried to hop a fence and my pant leg got caught and I slammed my face into the ground. I saw my bloody face in the window of a walgreens and just lost it. 15 isnt really an ideal time to be fucking around with your brain chemistry.

The second time I tripped INTENSELY for almost 24 hours. The shit was real speedy and I think this added to my paranoia. I was convinced this kid I didnt know well was giving me hard looks and it tripped me out. We sat across from eachother for something like 13 hrs and I was all afraid to take my eyes off him. My punk band played a big show some 20 hours after I had dropped and I was just waaaay too fucked up. The New York band (texas is the reason-good name, terrible band) clowned my wild tempos. I eventually walked off the stage and took off not knowing exactly where I was and wandered for what seemed like weeks.

Me and my main man scored some dosed tums (?!!!!!) from this hippy who worked next door to me. It was all tight till my boss called. The alarm was going off at the store and I had to troop to lincoln park only to run into the cops who were real hostile to me. Later that night my homeboys lady got car jacked outside of RedNoFive. We got the call just as we were peaking. Homie had to roll out to attend to his girl. I went home and tried to smoke myself to sleep. I had been reading alot about ghosts at this time and naturally I got super paranoid in my room alone seeing white swirls and shit. Eventually the room started turning inside out and I was back on a positive track. I never saw that hippy again.

Last time I took acid was much too soon after my old man passed. I'll leave it at that.

Mushrooms have been consistantly alright for me. Last time I ate mushrooms I was all cocky about having broke up with the hottest girl I have ever dated hours before.

Acid: It really peels you back and exposes yourself to yourself. You see you for
    what you are and not what you think you are or would like to think about yourself. I hear things about psych doctors using psychedellics in the treatment of depression. I suppose if you were guided in a certain way it could really help straighten your shit out. I mean you are In In yourself.