Favourite version ???Sunny??? ?

2»

Comments

• Pat Martino - Live = definitely my favorite.

I second that shit.

But I also dig this version - got the LP but all I could find online was a pic of the tape.

This album is real dope. Looking for another, if anyone is holding.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    I've seen martino do said "sunny" live and it's like WOAH!

yambu does not suck if you rike disco..........kay dennis is another goodie.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    LaserWolf, you can run but you can't hide...I will hunt you down like a, er, wolf and subject you to Bobby Hebb's masterly Sunny '76. Yes, it's Sunny but with a disco beat, daddio. You'll love it.

Bobby's disco version is dope. A very different and maybe one of the craziest ever done is the one by The Neapolitans!!!

• the_jthe_j 49 Posts
    co sign on the Bill Cosby version.

• Dee Felice & James Brown

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Pat Martino - Live = definitely my favorite.

These "Favorite???" threads got me pulling out recs that I haven't listened to in a long time. That Martino version of "Sunny" has been under my radar until now. It's nice, especially when he goes into that part of his solo that sounds like he's paraphrasing "Flight Of The Bumblebee". Tight playing.

• Pat Martino - Live = definitely my favorite.

YES!

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    A very different and maybe one of the craziest ever done is the one by The Neapolitans!!!

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    what up strut, long time listener, first time caller (sorry)....

Anyway, i'd have to say Bobby Hebb version is tough to beat, nice mix of actual soul with orchestrated, sixties pop feel, for me never crosses into schmaltz. im also going to co-sign about the boney m version, not workin. Although you'd think a Stevie version of Sunny would be that shit, and this version is pretty good, its not quite mind blowin, see for your self...

Sunny

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

• i second the NEOPOLATINS version is and totally unique...get it yawll cause it came out lst year...Milwaukee lads.

last year i also came upon a german guy, in dusseldorf, who has thus far put together two comps of SUNNY versions...unsure how it can be had, but it's cool...