FAVORITE VERSIONS OF AIN’T NO SUNSHINE

2»

Comments

• there was a reason why it was heavily covered: because the original was pretty much perfection.

If something is as perfect as Withers'"A.N.S.," I'd just as soon leave it alone! (As if a jazz-funk cover version could make us forget Still Bill?)

• Temptations

yes sir

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That Eddy Senay version is really great.

One of the best cheap 45s around... MORE bump

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The version on this is pretty awful (no shit) - but the "I know, I know" break is one of the best out there, because it's just the good female backup singers over some tough drums...

( )

• eddie senay on sussex

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The version on this is pretty awful (no shit) - but the "I know, I know" break is one of the best out there, because it's just the good female backup singers over some tough drums...

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    ....and the hardest version I've ever heard -

The Brite Set.

• MAN, that is nice as hell. No drums on the IknowIknow's, but it doesn't even need them (fuk a braek). Thanks for upping that.

BTW, what y'all think is the worse version of ANS? Is there one that anybody would say sucks asscrack? I can't think of one terrible version, but there must be one out there.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I'm listening to every single version I own of this mastermoodpiece tonight, because it feels right.

Candidate for the most empathetic song of all time? Quite possibly...

• Options
    Horace Andy

There's a couple of them. Earliest is the best IMO.

K.

• theres also a new school version by Espen Horne on a 10inch out right now... i digs it.

-rich

• theres also a new school version by Espen Horne on a 10inch out right now... i digs it.

-rich

but that's just a revamp of the gregory james edition's crazy moog version...

on the original topic:

vocally i have to say og bill, only contested by lynn collins and horace andy.

and on the jazz tip my votes go to rahsaan, roy and the harlem underground cats...

hidden bonus version: kid frost -

• gregory james edition's crazy moog version...

mp3????

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0MSA8A5L3DDO81HUZYQ2YNH0GC

have fun!

• ken boothe

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Ken Boothe is pretty good

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    This version is awful but the intro is great...

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Grope said:
    PLUS Sivuca (sweet version)

Sivuca did it at least twice.
    The live version is way too fast/frantic, one of my least favorite.
    The studio version is ok, I think Sergio Mendes would have done it better. Needs to be more laid back.

B/w

The worse version of ANS is better than the the best version of PYHITH.