Guardian Angle PP 12" (wanted?)

JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
edited November 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
Ok, I know this is a tuff one to find etc etc but how rare is it really?Does anyone know how often this one is up for grabs? Once in a lifetime?I could do with a VG copy and will pay, trade, whatever!

Comments

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    There's an exact reish for $6

No point in paying $$$ for a beatup OG

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Well, you know

VG 12s usually play noice IMO.

BTW I'm looking for guardian angle, not angel

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    does anyone know if the original 12" has an instrumental on the b side? i know that the re-issue doesn't.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I saw one on ebay recently go for big dollars. I guess the original sounds better than the reissue but 669.99 better??? Good luck...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultra-Rare-Disco-Funk-Guardian-Angel-Golden-Flamingo_W0QQitemZ4790332869QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    nah man, get the re-issue. unless you are a mega-baller. you could always scuff up the label a bit and run a wire brush on the surface of the vinyl to enhance the perception of an OG, the label looks identical.

• Options
    Ask around and see how many heads have it. It's probably the toughest Golden Flamingo to find. I wouldn't sell my copy for twice what it went for.

K.

• nah man, get the re-issue. unless you are a mega-baller. you could always scuff up the label a bit and run a wire brush on the surface of the vinyl to enhance the perception of an OG, the label looks identical.

• Options
    The font is off on the reish and the sound is different (as usual).

K.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Guess I'll have to forget about this one for a while ...

• The font is off on the reish and the sound is different (as usual).

K.

The way these get done, is from vinyl to vinyl. Back then, peter lost everything...including his mind.
    There are no masters to be had(imagine getting the masters for gaurdian angel!!!) his warehouse burned, and half the time he would never pay the bills from the recording sessions..the saddest part is that most of these masters ended up in the trash.
    Michael campbell still has some things intact, but not this one. I think they are trying to do a movie as well.
    The reissue of the foster jackson sound better than the o.g.
    Get ready for the next onslaught of P&P reissues...some nice stuff coming.