A PSA about your lady and soulstrut (MUST READ)

Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
What follows is a Public Service Announcement from your friendly moderator:Today I opted to ignore a lady friend's emails and telephone calls for a number of reasons. When we did speak, she asked me where I'd been all day that I didn't write or call. I responded with an awfully convincing excuse involving long hours at the library, some aliens, and a notebook left at home. 'But how can this be', she said, 'when you posted on Soulstrut around eight?' Busted. The moral: Never let a lady know your Soulstrut user name. Better yet, never let your lady know about Soulstrut. (Mind you, this would undermine the Sousltrut litmus test for good relationships: if your girl knows about Soulstrut and doesn't leave you immediately, she's ok).Next class we learn how to say "I care" with meringue, Sergio Mendes, and a 45 adapter.

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

"you know you fucked up right"

"now you know know you done fucked up"

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts

• I responded with an awfully convincing excuse involving long hours at the library, some aliens, and a notebook left at home. 'But how can this be', she said, 'when you posted on Soulstrut around eight?' Busted.

You logged on from the library but didn't log into your e-mail. Done.

(Mind you, this would undermine the Sousltrut litmus test for good relationships: if your girl knows about Soulstrut and doesn't leave you immediately, she's ok).

Actually, that's probably bad; you need "balance".

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Wait, isn't she going to read this thread and proceed to punch you? Or is this some weird way of communicating with her by pretending to communicate with "us"?

-e

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    i hope you responed with

"i dont give a fuck when i posted"

word. that is how you handle that. Shut it down.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    'But how can this be', she said, 'when you posted on Soulstrut around eight?' Busted.

That was a great opportunity to use the "what? are you trying to control me or something?" move. The ball would be on her side of the field now (soccer methaphor)

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Wait, isn't she going to read this thread and proceed to punch you? Or is this some weird way of communicating with her by pretending to communicate with "us"?

-e

I really couldn't say...

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    'But how can this be', she said, 'when you posted on Soulstrut around eight?' Busted.

That was a great opportunity to use the "what? are you trying to control me or something?" move. The ball would be on her side of the field now (soccer methaphor)

Sorry, I'm Canadian. I only understand curling metaphors.

Give my regards to Daniel. Make sure he doesn't get himself into trouble with Eddy. Also make sure he doesn't clean out my spots. Tell him there are no records in Buenos Aires and that he should spend all his time in Montevideo. Better yet, tell him about the record warehouse in Ushuaia.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

Give my regards to Daniel. Make sure he doesn't get himself into trouble with Eddy. Also make sure he doesn't clean out my spots. Tell him there are no records in Buenos Aires and that he should spend all his time in Montevideo. Better yet, tell him about the record warehouse in Ushuaia.

Too late, Danno. Been with Daniel last saturday. Between my raers and what we found on the field, let's just say his record bag was on fire when we left Parque Centenario. Some jazz, some psych, brazilian, we did pretty well. After eating some asado, I drove him to Eddy's place, but I don't know how it all went. Will report back.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

Fellow Canadian... I am sending you a gift to help you! Here's ur answer 2 her...

Front

Back

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    'But how can this be', she said, 'when you posted on Soulstrut around eight?'

• 'But how can this be', she said, 'when you posted on Soulstrut around eight?'

Please don't ever stop posting here.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    haha I'm laughing at you dude

most girls wouldn't give a shit if you did post, but keeping them waiting is a big no-no

Like Delay's girl would say:
    "QUIT PLAYIN' ON THE INTERNET AND COME TO DINNER!"

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    danno, my mom was on the 1967 vancouver curling nationals team.

BTW, this same thing (girl atune to the compulsive usage of soulstrut), scares the shit out of me, due to the fact that i've posted details of several things i'd rather her not know too much about. when she and i have been broken up in the past, i've usually resorted to man-whore behavior, and for some reason or another, i'm a fan of self-sabotage and personal incrimination. don't tell her i said that.

I PM'd her your post. Watch out now! (cue flute)

I PM'd her your post. Watch out now! (cue flute)
    uh... yeah, her SS name is morocco_mole.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts

Who's this?
    I like the couch. This your couch?

• 'But how can this be', she said, 'when you posted on Soulstrut around eight?'

G DUBYA IS MAD AT YOU RIGHT NOW JORGE

Who's this?
    some polish chick... don't tell my girl.

• d_wordd_word 666 Posts
    Alright!!

• Who's this?

I love There's Something About Mary.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Not only do we "lady friends" read Soulstrut, we can access your accounts.-A**e

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Still the best was a good while back, when some girl angry with flatblackplastic actually joined the strut, just to fuck with him because she was pissed.

Most entertaining day on the strut ever!