eBay TRENDS

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Discuss... Seems like I'm letting go of a lot of stuff for cheap that normally went much higher in the past. Are we entering an age where 4000 diggers want the same 100 records?

Comments

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    yeah man. I have experienced horrible sales. Normally i could put up dogshit and sell it for $20. I am having a hard time squeezing anything out of these records now.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    yeah man. I have experienced horrible sales. Normally i could put up dogshit and sell it for $20. I am having a hard time squeezing anything out of these records now.

You killed the market!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Don't get me wrong.. some of the serious collectro shit still goes for paper, but these midrange classics are not doing what they've done in the past... even to the point where I would have been happy to keep it and give it to a homie.

• If I remember correctly, the same thing happened last year around this time. And then after the holidays...BOOM!

Anyone considering selling right now should wait until after the new year when little dudes and big dudes alike are flexing that Christmas cash!

Don't get me wrong.. some of the serious collectro shit still goes for paper, but these midrange classics are not doing what they've done in the past... even to the point where I would have been happy to keep it and give it to a homie.

exactly. Small-Midrange is where I suffer.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

If I remember correctly, the same thing happened last year around this time. And then after the holidays...BOOM!

Anyone considering selling right now should wait until after the new year when little dudes and big dudes alike are flexing that Christmas cash!

I remember this as well.

If I remember correctly, the same thing happened last year around this time. And then after the holidays...BOOM!

I remember this as well.

It seems like i did well before the holidays......but I will wait and give it another try then..

• I was really surprised I won some of your auction for the minimum bid. I just started using eSnipe and really like it but there's the drawback of people clocking in their bids and forgetting about it. Thus no bidding wars. I don't think electro-rap is hot right now at all.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    i was talking to jared at TSL about this same thing just recently. it seems people aren't really buying the lower end doo-doo (ie: drum breaks, loops ,stabs) for cash money like they were 3+ years ago. i used to be able to get some good trade value for dollar-bin dreck.

I was really surprised I won some of your auction for the minimum bid. I just started using eSnipe and really like it but there's the drawback of people clocking in their bids and forgetting about it. Thus no bidding wars. I don't think electro-rap is hot right now at all.

Yeah.. The bottom line was good because I had a few that spiked up out of control... but overall there were some head scratchers.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    I think people are catching on to the fact that records have been way over priced on ebay and no one is trying to pay that much anymore. Scams are a big problem too. So I say F ebay.

• i was talking to jared at TSL about this same thing just recently. it seems people aren't really buying the lower end doo-doo (ie: drum breaks, loops ,stabs) for cash money like they were 3+ years ago. i used to be able to get some good trade value for dollar-bin dreck.

It's true over here too - but there's a sweet spot for $20-40 pieces that are not seen every day, and contain good quality music. beyond that it's either uber rares or dollar bin shit.

Breaks don't sell here AT ALL. I have one, maybe two guys that buy the everyday breaks.

The internet is the reason why 4000 people are looking for the same 100 records...

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

The[/b]internet -breaks.com[/b] is the reason why 4000 people are looking for the same 100 records...

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts

The[/b]internet -breaks.com[/b] is the reason why 4000 people are looking for the same 100 records...

It's funny, I saw this guy going through the Soul section just pulling random records after getting a sizable stack he then he pulls out his cel phone and calls a friend to tell him to check breaks.com to see if any of the records he pulled had breaks on them. Wack!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Dildo for dollarbin braeks

300 Braeks on one CD

that just leaves Wall recrods and Hipster New Wave Wank.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

It's funny, I saw this guy going through the Soul section just pulling random records after getting a sizable stack he then he pulls out his cel phone and calls a friend to tell him to check breaks.com to see if any of the records he pulled had breaks on them. Wack!

That's freaking horrible. I really only check there after a: I bought the record and b: to see if it's already been used. It should be a reference site, not a buy-everything-that's-listed site.

I wasn't selling breaks this round (I liquidated my breaks stock at the right time a couple summers a go). I put up A lot of electro and disco 12s which were hot for a while there. They seem to have quited down. Modern soul however still is a steady seller. Rap? I don't want to even go there yet. You really have to keep your nose to the grind... like contact 2nd highest bidders when Tony D sells something for $300

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Discuss... Seems like I'm letting go of a lot of stuff for cheap that normally went much higher in the past. Are we entering an age where 4000 diggers want the same 100 records?

yeah, some pieces have gone for cheap, but those are countered by the 30$ ramsey lewis maiden voyages.

but really, if you want some quick cheddar, post up your warriors ost ASAP.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    digger fag trends notwithstanding.... I always wanted to say that.

I guess it's not all about the demand drying up, some cats need to chill with the comps. Ahem, Tommy Boy! Moder Soul is maybe a relatively untouched area where private mind gardens can still be cultivated. That will change. I'm working on an Essential Jam & Lewis snares n handclaps comp.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    As a buyer, I have in the last few months been able to get records that were way out of my range for the past few years. Mostly 60's soul stuff - I got the Barbara Lynn LP on Atlantic & the Freddie Scott LP on Shout for half of what they were going for when I was getting outbid all the time. And it wasn't a coincidence - I have actually been bummed out because I don't have the funds to pick up all the wants I have been seeing going for cheap lately.

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    You also got too many reissues and artist comps like those BBE comps with the RZA and Keb Darge. Everyone is on that breaks/Funk 45 kick right now so the market is lame.

• The funny thing for me is lately I sell a lot of medium range stuff for such low prices it's barely worth the trouble, but it seems like everytime I try to buy some medium range shit somebody comes along and bids it up. I guess I just have bad luck. Records ain't shit.

• As a buyer, I have in the last few months been able to get records that were way out of my range for the past few years. Mostly 60's soul stuff - I got the Barbara Lynn LP on Atlantic & the Freddie Scott LP on Shout for half of what they were going for when I was getting outbid all the time. And it wasn't a coincidence - I have actually been bummed out because I don't have the funds to pick up all the wants I have been seeing going for cheap lately.

ask Reynaldo to loan you some money..

• RezRez 164 Posts
    So I say F ebay.
    Amen...

Rez

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    but really, if you want some quick cheddar, post up your warriors ost ASAP.

I needz this.

Oh yeah................what's a Break?????

• PlanetPlanet 589 Posts
    The funny thing for me is lately I sell a lot of medium range stuff for such low prices it's barely worth the trouble, but it seems like everytime I try to buy some medium range shit somebody comes along and bids it up. I guess I just have bad luck. Records ain't shit.

It really seems like everyone wants a nice record collection just for bragging writes like records are now limited edition Dunks or some shit. To say yeah I got this break and that break. Who cares.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    The funny thing for me is lately I sell a lot of medium range stuff for such low prices it's barely worth the trouble, but it seems like everytime I try to buy some medium range shit somebody comes along and bids it up. I guess I just have bad luck. Records ain't shit.

It really seems like everyone wants a nice record collection just for bragging writes like records are now limited edition Dunks or some shit. To say yeah I got this break and that break. Who cares.

What's a break???

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

What's a break???

canyou type that again? all i see is gibberish.

what are drums?

• yeah I'm pretty sure nobody gives afuck about break records anymore. Too bad 'cause I got lke 4 crates o' them shits I need to sell... I'm begining to wonder if records in general are finally going to become "obsolete" I mean all the big dudes use dildo now...