Power of Zeuss Help!

DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
What does the label on the reissue look like? Is it the exact same as the OG?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    dunno if this will help, but most of the OG raer earth lp's are on that dyno-flex bullshit. I assume the boot has the same labels.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    that will help, thanks.

• Reissue labels should be pretty obvious from a close inspection (not offset from stock, shinier and I think without a "deep groove" in the center of the label). My OG is not on dynaflex. Dead wax should be hand etched: (Side A) HS-1769-1(Side B) HS -1770-3 and RS-516 on both sides. There is a stamped number (Z4RS-3652/3-1-C) also on both sides. And again there is a "deep groove" in the center of the label.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    Reissue labels should be pretty obvious from a close inspection (not offset from stock, shinier and I think without a "deep groove" in the center of the label). My OG is not on dynaflex. Dead wax should be hand etched: (Side A) HS-1769-1(Side B) HS -1770-3 and RS-516 on both sides. There is a stamped number (Z4RS-3652/3-1-C) also on both sides. And again there is a "deep groove" in the center of the label.

My OG is not Dynaflex either.

Well, I don't have POZ, but I'm just sayin' a lot of the rare earth records I've had are.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts
    None of the rare earth albums i've had are dynaflex. But my Axelod Messiah is.

None of the rare earth albums i've had are dynaflex.

really?

maybe I'm buggin'... thinkin' of another label...hmmm....

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    my POZ is not dynaflex either

thanks for the help everyone. TUrns out this one was a re-pop.

I will get a clean copy someday.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

Stay strong brother, stay strong.

thank you. I will try. It is getting tough when I have come across 3 busted g- copies, 1 empty cover and now 1 repop getting pushed as "maybe an OG"

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

ouch...........at least you get to SEE a cover. I've seen ONE in phoenix.

thank you. I will try. It is getting tough when I have come across 3 busted g- copies, 1 empty cover and now 1 repop getting pushed as "maybe an OG"

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i've never seen any motown stuff from that time period on dynaflex...

• sleepsleep 54 Posts
    blue thumb? every damn time..

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    You mean the one up right now?

I hate it when cats who know damn well something is a reissue and try to pull the "maybe it's an original - I don't know" bullshit. When they don't include a pic, it's even shadier.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I had the same apprehension when I found a copy in Colorado for $15. The give away was the radio station stamp on the back, but other than that, looked like re-issue city.

OG's on white cardstock?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    OG's on white cardstock?

Yes... atleast I was told that when I asked Dave Castillo who had been hoarding copies of this at the time.

OG's on white cardstock?

im gonna have to ask you to leave this thread for good. I dont want you fuckin up anything else.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    OG's on white cardstock?
    uh huh

• i've never seen any motown stuff from that time period on dynaflex...

I think Dynaflex was an RCA thing. Not only did they use it, but the word itself was a logo you saw on early-70's releases on that label.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Yes, but I have a couple OG records on Rare Earth that are on very thin, dynaflex-esque vinyl, so I know what Crink is talking about. I have others that aren't, too, so it's not really a good indicator.

However, the POZ reissue is really easy to tell - it is one of those glossy front & back covers, really obviously a repress. I mean, has anyone ever seen an LP from pre-1975 with that style of high-gloss front & back cover?

Also, I don't know if it's true of the OG or not, but my reissue says "Sorcerer of Isle[/b] (Ritual of the Mole)" on the label, while the cover has the correct title, "Sorcerer of Isis[/b]."

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I'll check mine out.....I had 2 copies of One World (that the title?) and another Rare Earth record....If I'm correct One World was VERY thin wax. I'll check it out when I get home.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Reissue labels should be pretty obvious from a close inspection (not offset from stock, shinier and I think without a "deep groove" in the center of the label). My OG is not on dynaflex. Dead wax should be hand etched: (Side A) HS-1769-1(Side B) HS -1770-3 and RS-516 on both sides. There is a stamped number (Z4RS-3652/3-1-C) also on both sides. And again there is a "deep groove" in the center of the label.

Mine features a "D" instead of a "C" in the stamped number. It's also from 1970, the inner sleeve is dated with 1970 (there is an advertising for motown fan clubs, photo stamps and pennants)...Cut out hole in the upper right. Maybe there were several pressing runs in one year...anyone any info?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Well, I don't have POZ, but I'm just sayin' a lot of the rare earth records I've had are.

My POZ, Pretty Things "Parachute" and Puzzle "self title" OGs are all on that floppy vinyl, but they sound good. They just feel weird when you hold them.

haha! I'm not insane!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Don't push it...

Don't push it...

ya beat me to it.

now that we have all this sorted out, IS THIS RECORD WORTH A DAMN?!?!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    i like it.

why do the DGA kids get hard for it?