Jack Murtha on Meet The Press (TruthRelated)

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    JP, shit is too long to watch, plaese to givce synopsis.

• shit is too long to watch

It's no sex in the city, but 15 minutes or so worth your time

you, sir, are a dick.

• you, sir, are a dick.

Thanks Anna, real classy.

Look, if you don't have the time or attention span to watch the clip it's not gonna change your life. It's a respected member of congress ripping the administration a new one. Sheesh.

• Thanks for the insight on this Czech. It boggles me that people can't sit down and take 15 min of their time for something informative, regardless of political allignment.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I believe withdrawl now would ensure more unrest and more loss of innocent lives. We completely fucked up going there, but now that we've destabalized a country, if not an entire region, it would be another horrible misjugement to leave prematurely.

This isn't Meet the Press tho, that's with Tim Russert.

Thanks for the clip

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Thanks for this clip. It sure would be nice if his prediction of us being out of Iraq by election day came true. No incumbant who voted for leaving Iraq could lose, republican or democrat, but I don't see enough having the gall to go through on it.

shit is too long to watch

I asked you a serious question and you dissed me. What's up with that? At first I didn't have time to watch it, so I asked. So I watched it but I don't know history on Murtha dude, I wanted some insight. You didn't need to insult my intelligence, you could've just clued me in.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    JP, shit is too long to watch, plaese to givce synopsis.

No need to watch, just talking heads. You can listen to it in the back ground while you read SS threads.

Murtha is Rep who has everyone in a tizzy because he said we should withdrawl from Iraq. Here he brushes off critisism and makes the point that the military's job is done.

The military won the war in Iraq 2 years ago. Now it is time for the Iraqis to step up and govern themselves. We should support them fully, but not militarily. The military should deploy to the perimator where they could continue to strike at insergents if nescessary.

It is great to listen to because it is a politition being straight forward and honest.

For people who think the military should stay I have a whole list of questions. Stay and do what? What mission are we supposed to accomplish? Regime change? Done. WMDs? Done. Democracy? Done.

Surely with our $$$ and training and diplomatic support the Iraqi people can defeat a few foriegn insurgents and terrorists.

Dan

• shit is too long to watch

I asked you a serious question and you dissed me. What's up with that? At first I didn't have time to watch it, so I asked. So I watched it but I don't know history on Murtha dude, I wanted some insight. You didn't need to insult my intelligence, you could've just clued me in.

You requested that I summarize a clip that I just posted because "shit is too long to watch".

There are ways of saying "what's the story with this" that don't include demanding a summary because you don't currently have the time to check it. Wasn't trying to diss you, but I found the whole "I am far too busy for this" attitude kind of lame, peace, 'check . . .

• A HREF=http://thinkprogress.org/2005/11/18/schmidt-shame/>YEAH BUT MURTHA IS A COWARD!/A> Or so A HREF=http://www.jeanschmidt.com/>she/A> says. And by "says" I of course mean "accused and then retracted."

Not a good look--this is like when the administration tries going against McCain on the meaning of torture.

• I think it's funny that some articles have referred to Murtha as being "usually pro-military"... As if trying to bring the troops home, or get them out of harms way, is somehow "anti-military"...

I would think trying to stop the killing of American military men and women would be the most "pro-military" thing you could do...

Anyhow, I had never heard of Murtha before this shit, but I have mad respect for him now. Quite an anamoly of late to find a politician with backbone.

Peace...
    FNM

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I would think trying to stop the killing of American military men and women would be the most "pro-military" thing you could do...

Yeah, uh, not in Bush's America it isn't. In Bush's America, it's downright treasonous.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Anyhow, I had never heard of Murtha before this shit, but I have mad respect for him now. Quite an anamoly of late to find a politician with backbone.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    A HREF=http://thinkprogress.org/2005/11/18/schmidt-shame/>YEAH BUT MURTHA IS A COWARD!
    /A> Or so
    A HREF=http://www.jeanschmidt.com/>she
    /A> says. And by "says" I of course mean "accused and then retracted."

Not a good look--this is like when the administration tries going against McCain on the meaning of torture.

I did not realize until this afternoon that that psycho woman was the republican from the VERY VERY conservative Cincinatti exurbs who barely beat out a democrat veteran of Iraq in a highly watched election earlier this year because he was against Bush in such a pro-Bush area.

I should probably make that more than one sentence.

Rep. Mean Jean (R-Ohio)