To all my comic book heads....

paulnicepaulnice 924 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I'm kinda regarding most comic-to-movie adaptaions.But Ghost Rider was the first book I ever read once I got past the Richie Rich stage at around 10 years of age.Johnny Blaze is the epitome of a tortured soul & though I could go either way with Nicolas Cage, he seems to thrive in those sort of characters (Leaving Las Vegas, Matchstick Men, etc.)Whaddyall think? , , or

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I wanna see 50 Cent as [i]Luke Cage, Power Man.

Sweet Christmas!

• Wesley Snipes is actually shooting the luke cage movie.

THANK GOD NICK CAGE NEVER SHOT THE SUPERMAN MOVIE. HE'S NOT THE GUY TO PLAY SUPERMAN!

Tom Cruise is in talks to play Iron Man.

THEY NEED TO MAKE A WATCHMEN MOVIE.

I'll peep Ghost Rider but not too excited.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    yeah nick cage is definately hit or miss (usually miss) so we will have to see, im definately looking forward to this dropping, im a comic-book-movie-fan-nerd for sure.

• Ghost Rider was filmed in Queensland & Superman Returns was filmed in Sydney.
    And a balding Clark Kent..? That would've been oh so wrong.

What i don't understand is that they are making an Aquaman TV show & trying to make a Submariner film. Both Marvel, both underwater characters. Though I'd rather see Prince Namor on screen anyday.

So Snipes is all bout comic book characters these days... but I thought he was doing 'Black Panther' not 'Luke Cage'...

• ^Aquaman is DC.

Wesley Snipes is doing both from what i understand.

• Dolt... Of course he is..
    Der.. I was thinking The Man from Atlantis comc adaptation was on Marvel.
    Getting me liquid habitating heroes all mixed up.

Snipes doing 3 comic book hero adaptation films..????

Blade
    Black Panther
    Luke Cage..

That's a bit extreme...
    So who's going to be Black Lightning...?

Classic Ha ha!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

That dude's crew is TIGHT!

Is that a female in the metal bra and facemask with blonde hair sticking out?

Whassup with Zorroman??

And he is dissing the JLA???

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts

THEY NEED TO MAKE A WATCHMEN MOVIE.
    No, they don't. They would fuck it up.

Unless they let Terry Gilliam do what he wanted to do with it. And that was make it a 6 or 12 part mini-series.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    even though i don't know jack about comics, Ghostrider was always a dope character. That picture is
    by the way, did anyone collect these?
    Marvel Masterpieces, 1992:

what chu know about silver surfer! damn...good times collecting these...

• What i don't understand is that they are making an Aquaman TV show & trying to make a Submariner film. Both Marvel, both underwater characters. Though I'd rather see Prince Namor on screen anyday.

I just have to laugh anytime I hear about an Aquaman project. I just think of how the Aquaman movie was kind of the key to last year's plot in "Entourage". Then, I think of that scene in "Robot Chicken" where they had all the cartoon superheroes living together like in The Real World, but Aquaman was the guy who got picked on by all the other superheroes. Add to that that everybody always referred to Aquaman as the gay superhero and it just makes me laugh.

• I wanna see 50 Cent as Luke Cage, Power Man

DIdn't Nicolas Cage take his name from Luke Cage?
    Dude is the comic nerd for real.
    Naming his son Kal-El??!
    I can only imagine what must have been going through his head when Lisa Marie made him sell off his collection (with a copy of Action #1 no less).

• Jim Lee's Ghostrider was the shit!

• No, they don't. They would fuck it up.

Unless they let Terry Gilliam do what he wanted to do with it. And that was make it a 6 or 12 part mini-series.

Perfect director for that project.

• Aquaman is DC

Peace,
    Cortez

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

DC

• >>I can only imagine what must have been going through his head when Lisa Marie made him sell off his collection (with a copy of Action #1 no less).

Word? Why did she do that? Did they really need the money?

• So they are doing a Ghost Rider movie, where Ghost rider looks like GR 2, but its about Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider 1?

I think George Clooney or Jim Caviezel, would make a good Tony Starks, Tom Cruise would be a terrible choice.

A movie about Namor, why? No one cares about that guy.

Snipes will make a great Black Panther, he will suck as Luke Cage.

I would hate to see a movie about Thor.

I would like to see a movie made about the title Grendel on Dark Horse.

• So they are doing a Ghost Rider movie, where Ghost rider looks like GR 2, but its about Johnny Blaze, Ghost Rider 1?

I think George Clooney or Jim Caviezel, would make a good Tony Starks, Tom Cruise would be a terrible choice.

A movie about Namor, why? No one cares about that guy.

Snipes will make a great Black Panther, he will suck as Luke Cage.

I would like to see a movie made about the title Grendel on Dark Horse.

Just found this online, but don't see a date as to when it might have happened.
    Grendel has always been one of my favorites!

Matt Wagner's GRENDEL coming to the big screen!

Big news for fans of independent comics, The Hollywood Reporter has broken news that Matt Wagner's Grendel has been optioned for the big screen...

Warner Bros. Pictures-based John Wells Prods. has optioned the graphic novel "Grendel" from its creator, Matt Wagner, in association with Dark Horse Entertainment and Arsenal Entertainment. Scribe Carl Lund is attached to adapt the project through his blind script deal with JWP. An award-winning comic creation, "Grendel" spans several decades with its story encompassing various generations of characters. Lund's script will focus on the story line of Christine Spar, the adopted granddaughter of the notoriously sadistic yet rich and graceful Hunter Rose -- aka the original Grendel. Spar was the focus of Wagner's book "Grendel: Devil's Legacy."

Especially the early series when it was published by Comico.

I have those stashed away in my closet and pull them out to re-read every few years.

The storyline with the evil vampire pope was awesome!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

[i]Matt Wagner's GRENDEL coming to the big screen!

Big news for fans of independent comics, The Hollywood Reporter has broken news that Matt Wagner's Grendel has been optioned for the big screen...

The storyline with the evil vampire pope was awesome!

That comic looks great. I'm sure however that someone in the industry was like this project will be our SinCity.

Its weird to see hollywood's relation to comic books. Tv cuts out writers with reality TV, hollywood could do it with comic books (the story is already there)

Elektra,Punisher and Daredevil we're shameful

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

i don't see why this would be soooo bad... namely because hollywood has fucked up EVERY movie EVER about costumed superheroes. but in this post gladiator / lord of the rings world i think you could do something with Thor, esp if you kept it on the oldschool norse mythology tip and ignored all that Thor in the modern world crap.

my problem with comics / comic movies is that my fave comics are of the Kirby, Ditko, Steranko variety and i dont think movies have ever come close to capturing that vibe / feeling...

Hellboy and SinCity both did a great job but niether is a cut and dried costumed superhero flic.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

hollywood has fucked up EVERY movie EVER about costumed superheroes.

I contend that Spider-Man was good(never saw Spiderman 2), X-Men 1 & 2 are the gold standard. X-Men 3 looks to be terrible, based on Singer leaving and hack Brett Ratner taking over. And Batman Begins was my fave Batman...so it can be done.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    never saw either spiderman.. well i've wathced bits of the first one on tv numerous times and i can only say it looks horrid from what i've seen.

hate all the batman movies too.. havent peeped begins yet but hopes are not high.

ive also never seen the xmen movies other than on tv either.. agai nthey seem alright but i was never a fan of those mutants to begin with.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    X-Men 3 looks to be terrible, based on Singer leaving and hack Brett Ratner taking over. And Batman Begins was my fave Batman...so it can be done.

I was just thinking about it after the beautiful finalee signalling the arrival of Phoenix. I was eondering if they would go straight up space ship (cable/that other guy) or wait and hit up the mutant war/NY morlock storyline. I would prefer the 2nd option as that social comment on mutant racism was a strong point of the series (when i was a kid in the cartoons) and could bring in interesting charachters...

When is my man gambit gonna show up (hunk,french accent its hollywood gold)

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    Yo,

The 1st Spiderman was dope - I've heard about a BBC TV adaptation of Grant Morrison's "Invisibles". That might be dope. If they wanted to make a truly great comic book based film, then they shoud do more to incorporate the plots of the actual comic books - a Batman film based on Dark Knight would be hot. If they plan on doing a Luke Cage movie, they should include Iron Fist. Make it a buddy pic like Lethal Weapon or something. My pick to play Black Panther would be Michael Jai White.

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    X-Men 3 looks to be terrible, based on Singer leaving and hack Brett Ratner taking over. And Batman Begins was my fave Batman...so it can be done.

I was just thinking about it after the beautiful finalee signalling the arrival of Phoenix. I was eondering if they would go straight up space ship (cable/that other guy) or wait and hit up the mutant war/NY morlock storyline. I would prefer the 2nd option as that social comment on mutant racism was a strong point of the series (when i was a kid in the cartoons) and could bring in interesting charachters...

When is my man gambit gonna show up (hunk,french accent its hollywood gold)

I wonder if Gambit is still around - almost all mutants in the Marvel Universe have been de-eveloved. That storyline might make its way into the films.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    a Batman film based on Dark Knight would be hot.
    Co sign

I always thought of that with the dark side of the older batman character and could bring it to the eerynes of Batman2 (good only for penguin's disgutingness)

• It would be ill if this were all leading up to a secret wars type series. I don't know about a GI Joe movie, but a Snake eyes/stormshadow movie would be kinda crazy.

• Yo,

I've heard about a BBC TV adaptation of Grant Morrison's "Invisibles". That might be dope.

Invisibles would be cool if they got the edginess and paranoid, anarchic, psychedelic mind state right. It would almost have to be done in Britain as I think that kind of steady drug reference would make most American producers nervous.

The near-impossible strip to do would be Morrison's Doom Patrol - but man that series was wacked out and cool to read!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    a Batman film based on Dark Knight would be hot.
    Co sign

I always thought of that with the dark side of the older batman character and could bring it to the eerynes of Batman2 (good only for penguin's disgutingness)

Leave that shit alone. Hollywood cannot cram that miniseries into 2 hours w/ a fuckin'happy ending. Dont touch it. Besides, elements of the DARK KNIGHT RETURNS were inculcated into BEGINS. The Batmobile being the most obvious example.

my problem with comics / comic movies is that my fave comics are of the Kirby, Ditko, Steranko variety and i dont think movies have ever come close to capturing that vibe / feeling...

Why should hollywood cater to your vision? KIRBY/DITKO/STERANKO.

Fantastic 4/Spiderman/and.......

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    Mark Texeria's Ghostrider was the shit!