Ridiculous Safeway Club-Card Names (NRR)

canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I don't how many of you have Safeway's where you live, but they're basically a large grocery store chain. You can get a "Club-Card" with them and save on some joints. However, on the bottom of every receipt is your name (or whoever the card is registered under). Anyone made a fake one? Here's mine:My friend got one saying "Fred Engels".

Comments

• The chains out here want a sample of your DNA and shit because they offer other stuff like check cashing.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

• I don't how many of you have Safeway's where you live, but they're basically a large grocery store chain. You can get a "Club-Card" with them and save on some joints. However, on the bottom of every receipt is your name (or whoever the card is registered under). Anyone made a fake one? Here's mine:

My friend got one saying "Fred Engels".

I've been cracking up at this all day. My Safeway always reads the reciept and says "Thanks MR. ****, have a good day"

I can imagine them reading it and being "Thanks MR. Prime!".

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    We used to have fun with this but HARRIS TEETER requires you to show a driver's license when you sign up now ?!?!

I hate that place...

No Safeways in NC...

• HARRIS TEETER

Non southerners, once you get over laughing at that grocery name, remember we also have

PIGGLY WIGGLY

WINN-DIXIE

and for the music scholars

BIG STAR (r.i.p.)

• BIG STAR (r.i.p.)

not so fast.

• Non southerners

KNOW THE LEDGE.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    Non southerners

KNOW THE LEDGE.
    the invasion has begun my friend. now, where's my Golden Circle? ( )

• Non southerners

KNOW THE LEDGE.
    the invasion has begun my friend. now, where's my Golden Circle? (
    )

Begun? It's already done. Kroger is the largest grocer in the US (short of Wal-Mart, I guess). There's not Kroger stores nationwide, but Kroger owns many many chains, even out west.

http://www.thekrogerco.com/

There's a list of all their holdings there. All shall bow down before the almighty Kroger!

• Krogers and Safeway are the same company. I think they merged but left all the store names the same. safeway.com used to list all the brands they operate under on their site, not there anymore from a quick glance

• In Richmond we have Ukrop's. Everyone that was born around here or has lived here a long time is convinced it is a good store. It is not a good store. They don't even sell beer. If I wanted to go to grocery stores that don't sell beer I would have stayed in PA. Ukrops blows. They are also right wing nut jobs who were responsible for getting howard Stern off the air in Richmond.

Sorry for the Rant. I miss whole foods.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Non southerners

KNOW THE LEDGE.

the invasion has begun my friend. now, where's my Golden Circle? ( )

Begun? It's already done. Kroger is the largest grocer in the US (short of Wal-Mart, I guess). There's not Kroger stores nationwide, but Kroger owns many many chains, even out west.

http://www.thekrogerco.com/

There's a list of all their holdings there. All shall bow down before the almighty Kroger!

fuck that place! they got the condoms locked up in some stupid glass case!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    HARRIS TEETER

Non southerners, once you get over laughing at that grocery name, remember we also have

PIGGLY WIGGLY

WINN-DIXIE

and for the music scholars

BIG STAR (r.i.p.)

No Publix in N.C??

Oh yeah, SlaveWay is wack. It's all about Albertson's. Fuck Fred Meyers too!!

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    No Publix in N.C??

Never heard of it...

We've got a whole lot of FOOD LIONs though..

No Publix in N.C??

Never heard of it...

Must be strictly a GA thing. I seen a lot of Food Lion's but I can't remember if it was in N.C or somewhere else (VA?).

Honestly, I miss spots like Shop Rite, IGA, Acme, Thriftway and Pathmark.

• No Publix in N.C??

No. No Publix in NC. Somebody posted a thread a few years ago called "Stealing Crates from Publix" and I thought it was about ripping off storage units from public libraries.

Ya'll yankees still got PRICE CHOPPER? Love the logo.

It's like the mafia put a vicious hit on the coin of the realm.

• No Publix in N.C??

Never heard of it...

Must be strictly a GA thing. I seen a lot of Food Lion's but I can't remember if it was in N.C or somewhere else (VA?).

No, not just a Georgia thing... Publix is pretty big across the south. I mean, they're big enough that they sponsor a NASCAR race, I think. That kind of thing doesn't come cheap. According to their website it seems they're in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. I remember when they first started opening up stores in Atlanta and it was a big deal. They were supposed to be coming in to challenge Kroger. I don't know that that ever really happened but they're pretty pervasive down south.

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Safeway owns Vons, Dominick's, Carr-Gottstein (alaska), Genuardi's, Family Markets, Randall's, groceryworks.com and 49% of Casa Ley in mexico.

Albertson's owns Acme, Bristol Fams, Jewel and Shaws.

Albertson's is currently for sale.

No Publix in N.C??

Never heard of it...

No, not just a Georgia thing... Publix is pretty big across the south. I mean, they're big enough that they sponsor a NASCAR race, I think. That kind of thing doesn't come cheap. According to their website it seems they're in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. I remember when they first started opening up stores in Atlanta and it was a big deal. They were supposed to be coming in to challenge Kroger. I don't know that that ever really happened but they're pretty pervasive down south.
    Yup, you're right. I stand corrected. I've heard for sure that there's Publix down in FL. Never saw one passing thru S.C, though.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    WHERE MY PATHMARK AND SHOP-RITE HEADZ AT

OUT HERE IN SOCAL ITS STRICTLY:

SUPERMARKETS: VONS, RALPHS, ALBERTSONS, STATER BROTHERS, AND 99 RANCH MARKET

DRUG STORES: LONGS, SAV-ON, RITE-AID, WALGREENS

• Ya'll yankees still got PRICE CHOPPER? Love the logo.

It's like the mafia put a vicious hit on the coin of the realm.

That's all up by my in-laws, Saratoga, Schenectady area (and New England I think). What were you doing up there??

• Yup, you're right. I stand corrected. I've heard for sure that there's Publix down in FL. Never saw one passing thru S.C, though.

There was a Publix down in Panama City Beach when I was on vacation there a number of years ago. Why this matters I don't know.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Wifey and I live above a huge Japanese/Asian grocery store that is DOPE! Kinokuniya bookstore, food court, gift shop, etc.

www.uwajimaya.com

Act like ya know

WHERE MY PATHMARK AND SHOP-RITE HEADZ AT

OUT HERE IN SOCAL ITS STRICTLY:

SUPERMARKETS: VONS, RALPHS, ALBERTSONS, STATER BROTHERS, AND 99 RANCH MARKET

DRUG STORES: LONGS, SAV-ON, RITE-AID, WALGREENS

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Kinokuniya bookstore

I'm missing my local:

that got bought out or replaced by another chain

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

A 24hr jump-off? Where is Giant Eagle?

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    I'll have to make up a fake name. I've been using my mom's club # for my sandwiches and gasoline. Safeway makes some of the dopest sandwiches.

East coasters................Rutters, Turkey Hill, and Weis markets still around?

• My safeway card is under Millie Vanillie.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Trader Joes

Out here you can shop at Fred Meyers or at QFC, either way you are shopping at Kroegers. We also have Safeway and Albertson's. It is a veritable supermarket dreamland.

Wild Oats (or something like that has moved in) not for me.

We have a local "natural" chain called New Seasons, I like their produce and meat , but their prices are outrageous. Good news is they hire soulstruters.

Dan