Get Rich OST 1st week soundscan results

yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
317,313 - #2 to Kenny Chesney's 469,140. Also Young Buck's T.I.P. (is this even a G-Unit approved release??) first week is 26,388. Is this the first chink in the 50 armour?????

Comments

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    Umm, if you want top album, you don't release the same week as Kenny.

• but by almost 150K????? that's as 50 would say "bonkers"

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the flick flopped, obviously the soundtrack isnt going to soar. not saying 300,000+ is bad, but i guess its bad for 50... i think i remember tony yayos first week scans being around 300-400k, so its comparable

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Also Young Buck's T.I.P. (is this even a G-Unit approved release??)

it is a collection of older Young Buck stuff released prior to his being on G Unit.

hi GS!

• the flick flopped, obviously the soundtrack isnt going to soar. not saying 300,000+ is bad, but i guess its bad for 50...

that's what I'm saying. It's not like 300k the first week is a bad week, but the fact he was out-distanced by so much may mean the reign is over.

What up urrs!!!!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    the flick flopped, obviously the soundtrack isnt going to soar. not saying 300,000+ is bad, but i guess its bad for 50...

that's what I'm saying. It's not like 300k the first week is a bad week, but the fact he was out-distanced by so much may mean the reign is over.

Eh, I would say it's a more self-consciously 'street' album... there's no real whitegirl catnip on the order of "In the Club" or "Candy Shop" on it. I think these numbers are pretty much what everybody anticipated.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    OVERSATURATED

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    the flick flopped

It didn't set the world on fire, but I don't know if I would say it flopped. The main problem with the 50 film is distribution. They are having problems getting it into theaters.
    I know in the music biz, less than #1 is a bomb for someone "hot," but in movies, fourth place in limited distro is actually pretty good.

Shooting up a strong opening in fourth place was Paramount's urban action drama Get Rich or Die Tryin' which collected $12M over the three-day period despite playing in the fewest theaters among the weekend's three big openers. The semi-autobiographical film starring hip hop superstar 50 Cent averaged a muscular $7,277 from only 1,652 theaters and captured $17.7M since its Wednesday launch.

• whitegirl catnip

• aegisaegis 261 Posts
    whitegirl catnip

Sounds like somebody's new location

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    OVERSATURATED

OVERSATURATED

OVERSATURATED

OVERSATURATED

OVERSATURATED

• Is this the first chink in the 50 armour?????

man I hope so. I am sooooo ready for this 50 cent thing to be over. dude is corny and the g-unit is a joke. i'd love for the theodore [/b] unit to have even one day of this guy's album sales. they deserve it way more.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    OVERSATURATED

OVERSATURATED

OVERSATURATED

OVERSATURATED

OVERSATURATED

Yes. he is oversaturated. And I am a bit tired of the guy, and yes his movie wasnt that good. But Ive been playing the soundtrack alot more often than i would like to admit on my ipod. Its pretty damn good.

Is this the first chink in the 50 armour?????

man I hope so. I am sooooo ready for this 50 cent thing to be over. dude is corny and the g-unit is a joke. i'd love for the theodore [/b] unit to have even one day of this guy's album sales. they deserve it way more.

Yeah, dude, Shawn Wiggs is really >>>>>>>> than Young Buck.

You dudes sound kind of emotional about this whole Fifty thing.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I dont know about the rest of the dudes, but I am just tired of him. Plain and simple. I like candy shop and what not for the club. but It is just enough already.

I would rather see Theodore unit in that position as well, whether or not they can be is a whole notha story. They have NO whitegirl catnip.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I wish they'd make 50 Cent brand toilet paper, maybe the only product of his I'd spend money on.

• Is this the first chink in the 50 armour?????

I dont know about the rest of the dudes, but I am just tired of him. Plain and simple. I like candy shop and what not for the club. but It is just enough already.

I would rather see Theodore unit in that position as well, whether or not they can be is a whole notha story. They have NO whitegirl catnip.

Don't get me wrong Shawn Wigs needs to go. But Ghostface + Capadonna + Trife fucking dominates 50 + Buck + sorry-ass Loyd. I'd say Trife and Capa both outrap any of those guys (not to mention Ghost but I hope that goes without saying).

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Umm, if you want top album, you don't release the same week as Kenny.

YEA! YOU DON'T!! Ain't NOBODY messes with meee!!

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    pardon the rough job, but this is what i'm anticipating...

pun intended, as in "litter"

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Young buck is way better than all of theodore unit. Sorry.

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts

em...nice boobs.

• Young buck is way better than all of theodore unit. Sorry.

this is funny. not that the majority rules or anything, particularly [/b] not on the subejct of one's taste in music and particularly [/b] not on soulstrut, but I'd still like to see you post a Ghostface v. Young Buck thread. That would be hilarious.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i'd love to see 50 cents reign be over, but i dont want G-Unit's to be over. i wanna see Mobb Deep and MOP drop an album and blow the fuck up before G-Unit starts biting it

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    i'd love to see 50 cents reign be over, but i dont want G-Unit's to be over. i wanna see Mobb Deep and MOP drop an album and blow the fuck up before G-Unit starts biting it

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    the movies opening WAS a dissapointment. It cost sumwhere between 40-50 mil to make. The album on the other hand is about wut people expected, im guessing. as was mentioned b4 this doesnt have any "whitegirl catnip." im not a huge 50 or g-nit fan or anything but ive been listening to the OST non-stop.

Young buck is way better than all of theodore unit. Sorry.

yeah, that is an bold statement.

I like young buck, but I dont think he is that good.

I dont know. I would hate for them to end up like puppets controlled by 50. ANd I dont want to see them get caught up in all of the G-Units bullshit.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    the movies opening WAS a dissapointment. It cost sumwhere between 40-50 mil to make. The album on the other hand is about wut people expected, im guessing. as was mentioned b4 this doesnt have any "whitegirl catnip." im not a huge 50 or g-nit fan or anything but ive been listening to the OST non-stop.

what the phuck happened in the opening scene to cost that much? did he fight the wizard in lord of the rings to a netherlands cgi landscape?

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    Prematurely anticipating a early demise in 50/G-Unit's popularity,is so lil dudelike.

Don't get me wrong Shawn Wigs needs to go. But Ghostface + Capadonna + Trife fucking dominates 50 + Buck + sorry-ass Loyd. I'd say Trife and Capa both outrap any of those guys (not to mention Ghost but I hope that goes without saying).

Some of you dudes are truly deafened by hate.

Cappadonna?

Get the f**k out of here with that trash...