Alan Parsons Project

mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
yeah, I said it. Send in the clown, I don't care.Since there is a Journey vs. Boston post going on, I figured now's the perfect time. And a Search showed only a few signs of closet APP fans.I got and like:mainly for the opening instrumental (and general concept. good cover art/inside book too)has been mentioned for its dollar bin slept-on-ness.some nice sampleables.I've briefly listened to these in stores and didn't find much in 'em for me:Am I sleeping on anything? what is the next chamber (besides Boz and Herb Alpert)?

Comments

• ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ......

• and we're going to call it....

The Alan Parsons Project![/b]

(sorry- couldn't help it )

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    BAN, por favor

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

this has the very necessary Mammagamma, cosmic balearic goodness.

or you can cop the Pink Project 12" and get 20 minuits of Mammagamma / Another Brick In The Wall medley

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    thanks Dubious...i'll give it another shot when i see it.

are there other albums (besides best of's) by this group I don't have listed?

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    I like this one too. It has sampled moments by art fag 'hoppers.

• has been mentioned for its dollar bin slept-on-ness.

the title track has some funky ass space shit with nice drums behind it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

has been mentioned for its dollar bin slept-on-ness.

the title track has some funky ass space shit with nice drums behind it.

• yeah, I said it. Send in the clown, I don't care.
    Since there is a Journey vs. Boston post going on, I figured now's the perfect time. And a Search showed only a few signs of closet APP fans.

I got and like:

mainly for the opening instrumental (and general concept. good cover art/inside book too)

has been mentioned for its dollar bin slept-on-ness.

I can't front. I've sampled both of those. They're not records I'm likely to throw on and listen to from front to back, but they're interesting for their unique and odd sounds.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

This record is hot.

You guys lose.

Alan parsons Ownz.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts

This record is hot.

You guys lose.

Alan parsons Ownz.

I can't front. I've sampled both of those. They're not records I'm likely to throw on and listen to from front to back, but they're interesting for their unique and odd sounds.
    exactly. I didn't find much else on the other records (although I may have missed some stuff...like Dubious mentioned), but I was mainly curious if they had any other records that I hadn't even posted here...especially earlier work as it seems their sound didn't really improve, for me at least.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    the thing to remember is that there's at least one instro on every album and that they all cost $1

• -

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    i like alan parsons....alot

• This one has the song that was used for the chicago bulls intro back when MJ played.

The song is called Sirius.

• The Alan Parsons Project, which is, I believe, some sort of hovercraft.

Simpsons. every time i hear of APP I will think of Homer saying this. forever.

This one has the song that was used for the chicago bulls intro back when MJ played.

The song is called Sirius.
    haha. dope. wonder how i missed that...it'd be nice to have that as a set intro and have the sound guy be like "6 foot 4 out of North Carolina!..."