Stuff that you'd STILL like to see reissued. (RR)

BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
I remember threads like this used to be popular years ago. But that was kinda before the mp3 explosion blew up the whole game. and these days with even shit like horizon drive and non-existant italian blaxploitation OST's fairly common reissue fodder, I would like to pose the question.......Are there still any records that you've heard lots about, but have yet to hear? Lets hear bout them, if I have an mp3 copy of any of them i will post the album.

Comments

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    still have not heard the moses dillard and the tex town display album.

i want a re-issue of the air and 24 carat black lp's so i don't have to play my og's anymore.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

i want a re-issue of the air and 24 carat black lp's so i don't have to play my og's anymore.

Is there seriously no reissue of 24 carat black? I cant see how thats possible with so much crap getting repressed before that one. That record is amazing! One of the few true overlooked classics.

• still have not heard the moses dillard and the tex town display album.

Is there seriously no reissue of 24 carat black? I cant see how thats possible with so much crap getting repressed before that one. That record is amazing! One of the few true overlooked classics.

It's been reissued, but only on CD... I think anyways...

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    yeah theirs no vinyl reissue of 24 carat black, yet shit like the ojays and wilson pickett are being reissued (and sold for 8 to 9 dollars ) when you could just go to any decent spot and shell out the buck or 2 for the og (i love the ojays and wilson pickett by the way no direspect to them or their music)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    we had a 2 page thread about this subject just last week

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    there is a UK vinyl reish of 24CB - dustygroove has it.

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts

Are there still any records that you've heard lots about, but have yet to hear? Lets hear bout them, if I have an mp3 copy of any of them i will post the album.

GARY - "Chilling Out"...private press Moder RAER that seems to go for funny money on eBay. I'd like to hear this one in my lifetime, but I ain't got the $500 for an OG.

If anyone out there has this and is feeling particularly generous, plaese 2 post MP3's.

SG

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

tribute to wes is on the new gilles peterson digs america comp

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    yeah theirs no vinyl reissue of 24 carat black

I bought a reissue of that record around 4/5 years ago or so.

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    yeah after posting last night i found that it has been reissued on vinyl, on import it seems. it goes for close to 20 dollars on most websites carrying the reissue which is too rich for my blood.if i cant find the reissue between the sound library in ny or one of my spots out here in ma. then i'm realy not that intent on starting a search for a repressing of a record, cause that victory would seem kind of hollow.

• it's been killing me that no one has repressed these on 7"...

eddie bo and inez cheatham- lover and a friend
    the vibrettes - humpty dump
    the roadrunners - every man for himself
    mickey and the soul gen. - up the stairs and around the corner
    ike and tina - bold soul sister
    the quik - bert's apple crumble
    louis chachere - the hen
    marva whitney - unwind yourself (not the shitty uk repress)

and this one takes the cake...

where's the the fucking Salt - Hung up reissue????

g

• It's not a reissue, it's a bootleg, the sound is not very good.

Please recognize the difference people

• yeah theirs no vinyl reissue of 24 carat black

I bought a reissue of that record around 4/5 years ago or so.

me too

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

tribute to wes is on the new gilles peterson digs america comp

That's really one of the album's less interesting cuts.

• It's not a reissue, it's a bootleg, the sound is not very good.

I would love to see a LEGIT well-produced, well-mastered reissue of 24 Karat Black maybe with some liner notes and background info.

Enough of these cheap flimsy bootlegs.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

where's the the fucking Salt - Hung up reissue????

g

this was on a the Saturdaynight Fish Fry comp (on SOUL JAZZ). Not a 7", but probably the best repressing of the song.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    BGP reissued Humpty Dump (don't have it, but all BGP sevens I've heard sound excellent). A friend has a reissue/bootleg of Salt, but that one might not count. The label's called Milk, or something.
    Can't get enough of crisp, legit funk 7" reissues though. Three wants: Roccs "Patience", Frank Beverlys "Color Blind", Tickled Pinks "Reach out and give me your hand".

• has the Purple Image LP been reissued? Someone wanted a scan of the back cover, so they lent it to me so I could scan it and upon listening, I now need this record in my life, very quickly I might add...

• has the Purple Image LP been reissued? Someone wanted a scan of the back cover, so they lent it to me so I could scan it and upon listening, I now need this record in my life, very quickly I might add...

It hasn't been reissued on LP, but Radioactive reissued the CD. No liner notes or anything though....

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    It's not a reissue, it's a bootleg, the sound is not very good.

I would love to see a LEGIT well-produced, well-mastered reissue of 24 Karat Black maybe with some liner notes and background info.

When is Wax Poetics going to throw back the curtain on the "re-issue" a.k.a. bootleg industry? Or would that be ishting where they easht?

I want to know who is responsible for all these things, how they decide which records to photocopy and press up, etc. The expose could be all Zapatista-mask style, but it could make for a fascinating read if written by the right pen.

• SooksSooks 714 Posts

When is Wax Poetics going to throw back the curtain on the "re-issue" a.k.a. bootleg industry? Or would that be ishting where they easht?

I want to know who is responsible for all these things, how they decide which records to photocopy and press up, etc. The expose could be all Zapatista-mask style, but it could make for a fascinating read if written by the right pen.

that's a great idea.

• I would love to see a LEGIT well-produced, well-mastered reissue of 24 Karat Black maybe with some liner notes and background info.

You mean on VINYL, right?

'Cause Fantasy reissued it on CD (on the Stax imprint) with all the info you seek. If anybody knows how to do a reissue right, it's the guys at Fantasy. That ain't no flaky bootleg operation.

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Are stuff on major labels legit? Like Headless heroes? I suppose it would be a perfect world if the rev himself got paid, too.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Nico Gomez - Ritual... reissue this now!!! and make it available in the US for less than $12

• it's been killing me that no one has repressed (this) on 7"...

the roadrunners - every man for himself

my copy is on a reissue 45, with "no names will be called" on the other side (i forget the name, but it's on some purple label)

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

It may be considered blaspheme to say it, but its a cheap flimsy OG too

Nico Gomez - Ritual... reissue this now!!! and make it available in the US for less than $12

I think this recently got reish'ed for like the third time... cheap too as far as I know

the vibrettes - humpty dump

there is an exact 45 reissue

ike and tina - bold soul sister

this is far too common to be reish'ed (unless you mean on wax instead of styrene...)