i just bought a fucking house!

Comments

• Congrats, that's awesome.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    [color:purple]HOMO[/b][/color]wner

• 2000 sqft in LA (family neighborhoods) averages at 600,000 IMO.
    Good move on the house man... real talk.
    Seattle is like that also. You gotta move far out to get any kinda deal and def not 2000 sqft for $200,000

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Congratulations!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Get ready to throw another $50,000 into it in the next 5 years.......

From one homeowner to another.....IT NEVER STOPS SUCKING YOU MONEY.

But also the best investment I've ever made. Congrats.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    congrats! i'd love to buy a house too! the one you bought looks wonderful. i hope to inherit my parents house one day. they're planning on moving out!

did you meet your new neighbors yet? i hope they are cool. bad neighbors are a good reason for not buying a nice house...

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Northside!!! hope your car works well. aint shit out there. used to be a good flea market..CLOSED, good thrift store...CLOSED, this dude had a garage with a back room full of wax...CLOSED. you'll still find things at yard sales, but that season is done. I'll holler next time i'm in $mond.

CONGRATULATIONS FRANK! nice place.

• So that's why you're not answering your cell phone! I think you might need to sell some records to pay for the house (and a new cell phone).
    Nice one though. Congrats.

Wanna DJ at Saint-Ex this Friday?

• feeling all grown up and shit ya'll!!!

$200Gs

smack dab in the middle of Richmond recordville.

What does that breakdown to in monthly payments? Are you on a 30 year loan?

• Damn! Congrrats! This is in Richmond VA (or did I get that wrong?). $100 a sqft! In a good 'hood w/ that kinda sqft and that curb appeal you are lookin' at ~$375,000 here. More like ~$475,000 in a "HOT" central Neighbourhood...

• 30 yr loan is pretty standard so I'd assume that's what Fat's got. Depending on how much he put down monthly payment could vary anywhere from $750 (if dropped down %50) to about $1800 if he did %0 down and has mortgage insurance and all that...

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Congratulations Frank, it looks like you found a great house. And like Thes said, welcome to world of home ownership!

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    Congrats Fat, you are now the live in maintenance man... trust me...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    CONGRATS F****!!!

You are now officially living the american dream. Looks like a beauty.

Mad jelly in the bloated bubblin' housing economy of Cali,

M

• Get ready to throw another $50,000 into it in the next 5 years.......
    damn sam what are you thinking he's gonna have to do in the next 5 yrs.?! I've been in my house 2.5 yrs. I've put in a new h20 line from the street, new sewer connection to the main, new block wall (140ft long 6' high), upgraded to 200 amp service on the electric and added 250 sqft of living space (well insulated, double paned glass (w/ frecnh doors), tiled, recesed lighting...) and I'm only ~$10,000 in...of course I do pretty much ALL the work myself...sweat equity man, only way to go...bathroom and kitchen are next...patio...workshop...master suite...pool?...the list IS never ending...home ownership is awesome and I don't think I'd ever want to not own a home now that I have... Congratulations again Fatback!!!

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

Congratulations. THats seriously awesome. SOmething thats probably a long ways off for me, but has always been a dream.

• Congrats Fat, you are now the live in maintenance man... trust me...
    No truer words spoken. When i first bought my place my wife expected me to be a carpenter,landscape gardner,electrician,plumber,painter all rolled into one.Luckily I am not completely useless around the house. It is a good feeling though to have your own patch of earth.There will always be projects though

After the house is finisht, leave it. George Herbert 17th Century poet

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    congrats frank. holla if you need some moving help.

i am looking to buy something soon myself.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

Quite a nice looking house, there.

Congratulations on your new residence. And moving on up into the world of grown up.

The house smells like a laboratory for perfecting the art of de-warping through experimentation.

A second congrats!

Most of richmond smells like records BTW. love that town.

• Options
    Congratulations! Now welcome to the wonderful world of home-ownership.

Maybe someday I'll get to move into mine instead of occasionally driving by to look at the building under construction.

That house is sweet looking, if you don't mind my asking how deep is the lot size? Some areas around here on Long Island are deceptive, a 2000sf house sitting on maybe 40 or 60 wide might run 200 or 300 deep, and you'd never know it driving by.

Congratulations again Fback, that's great!

• YOU ARE LIVING MY DREAM! congrats! peace, stein. . .

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Yeah thats great man. Really good.

I bought a house a year ago, great feeling to own your own. That is a pretty nice lookin house and seem like a hell of a deal.

I bought a 4 bedroom ranch, 1400 square feet for $138,000 in downtown Grand Rapids. Needs a little work, but nothing major.

props.

• .....IT NEVER STOPS SUCKING YOU MONEY.

We are[/b] talking about records right?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    YOU ARE LIVING MY DREAM!

seriously! congrats FB! full picture tour coming soon?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    YOU ARE LIVING MY DREAM!

seriously! congrats FB! full picture tour coming soon?

yes. i just cruised the hood. there are some pretty bad pockets within 6 blocks, but the immediate is mostly upstanding family peoples. A few blocks around the corner are the Battery Park public tennis courts where Arthur Ashe cut his chops.

holla if you need some moving help.

J**! you don't even wanna.

(oh, and pharrell says hi)

• ZeusZeus 162 Posts

From one homeowner to another.....IT NEVER STOPS SUCKING YOU MONEY.

co-
    Me and the lady are building[/b] ours right now (anticipated closing date is the end of Jan.

• congrats .. that looks like a dream home and a great start on the property ladder.

i`m just going through the idea of this myself.my future mother in law just sold her farm in brazil for $500,000 and is going to give us $125,000.

now we are not sure whether to drop 80,000 deposit on a $300 - 330,000 gouse(cali prices) or drop everything here and go live in brazil where the money will probably stretch to buying ourselves a beautiful house with pool etc and buying a couple of apartments to rent and try to build a property empire..

problems are i don`t speak portuguese(she does) and i want my kids to grow up and be schooled in english also..

it`s one or the other.we could build equity on a house here and retire there in 20 years (hopefully)

don`t know what to do..

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    wow! congrats.

congrats .. that looks like a dream home and a great start on the property ladder.

i`m just going through the idea of this myself.my future mother in law just sold her farm in brazil for $500,000 and is going to give us $125,000.

now we are not sure whether to drop 80,000 deposit on a $300 - 330,000 gouse(cali prices) or drop everything here and go live in brazil where the money will probably stretch to buying ourselves a beautiful house with pool etc and buying a couple of apartments to rent and try to build a property empire..

problems are i don`t speak portuguese(she does) and i want my kids to grow up and be schooled in english also..

it`s one or the other.we could build equity on a house here and retire there in 20 years (hopefully)

don`t know what to do..

go to brasil