i just bought a fucking house!

13»

Comments

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    holla if you need some moving help.

J**! you don't even wanna.

are you like 10 feet tall?

• feeling all grown up and shit ya'll!!!

$200Gs

smack dab in the middle of Richmond recordville.

Coming from somebody doing research in his own house search,

congratu-fucking-lations (in all sincerity).

Being a renter sucks. I'm glad you are free - and in a nice looking house, too.

I'm just curious, did you factor schools in at all? I know being in the city public schools may not even be a consideration or offer any options.

I just ask because there are some absolutely beautiful houses here that can be had for under $100,000 - and I mean huge, brick, turn-of-the-century/early 20th houses with wide front porches and a nice neighborhood (like you describe) - but I can't really look at them due to schools. I know you don't have kids so you probably don't have to worry about that type of stuff but I thought I'd ask.

• shit...200 Gs?!?!?!?!? that is a scary thought for a man like me

that's cause you can but five city blocks in Sburg/Gville for $50Gs

haha yeah that is true. But seriously..congrats on the house. I am sure you will love it!

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    buying your own crib has to be one of the dopest feelings ever. not that i've done it, but just thinking about it is cool.

• haha yeah that is true. But seriously..congrats on the house. I am sure you will love it!

Spartanburg, SC?

The image of Spartanburg that will forever be burned into my brain is this:

Grafwritah, around 10 years old, on a traveling layover, killing time at the local mall in Spartanburg.

Walking up the steps, he wades through two of these guys:

tongueing down their girlfriends who look like

like they're trying to decipher what the girls last ate by actually tasting the contents of their stomachs.

That image has since and will forever pop into my mind whenever I hear the name "Spartanburg."

• haha..yeah Spartanburg is like 30 min away from me.

Hmm... scary.

I sometimes wonder where those guys are today and what gas station they're working at.

Hmm... scary.

I sometimes wonder where those guys are today and what gas station they're working at.

those types of people are fucking everywhere around here man..its just something to get used to.

Hmm... scary.

those types of people are fucking everywhere around here man..its just something to get used to.

Don't feel bad, it's inescapable. Urban white trash abound as well. Coincedentally, many still have mullets and/or pick-up trucks. They may wear FUBU, however.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Lifestyles of the bourgeoise!

Congradulations. It's amazing how much the painting of that house makes it look that much better.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Congrats, looks like a really nice place. I just bought a place this year too, but what I got for $340K in NYC doesn't quite have the curb appeal of your place. That's New York for you. I'm just glad to say goodbye to landlords forever.

• Congratz Frank, Nice house and unlike most places in Richmond it looks like its well taken care of.

Come to NJ...three bedroom houses going for 400K. I'm glad we bought 3 years ago...

BTW Congrats F****!!

• Options
    shit...200 Gs?!?!?!?!? that is a scary thought for a man like me
    Come to NJ...three bedroom houses going for 400K.

Come to Long Island, 3 bedrooms range from low 400's to high 700's. Insanity. Not to mention taxes in the mid to high four figures, adding an average of around 500 a month to your payments.. Prices are starting to stablize or come down though, at least around here. Unsold homes and reduced prices all over the place.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    holla if you need some moving help.

(oh, and pharrell says hi)

i know, i know. and there are more in the hall, too, right?

whatever, the offer is there. i know how bad it sucks to move quantity records. but you just moved like what, less than a year ago? 2 times in one year, no thanks. at least you are on the first floor right now. i wouldn't have offered if you were on the 2nd

• holla if you need some moving help.

(oh, and pharrell says hi)

i know, i know. and there are more in the hall, too, right?

whatever, the offer is there. i know how bad it sucks to move quantity records. but you just moved like what, less than a year ago? 2 times in one year, no thanks. at least you are on the first floor right now. i wouldn't have offered if you were on the 2nd

Yeah, I can lend a hand as well. Moving sucks.

Mesh where have you been man?

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    finishing up the spot man. i basically live here.

just got the computer in here with some interent last week. getting it together.

im gonna holla at you on the pm.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    shit...200 Gs?!?!?!?!? that is a scary thought for a man like me

Come to Long Island, 3 bedrooms range from low 400's to high 700's. Insanity. Not to mention taxes in the mid to high four figures, adding an average of around 500 a month to your payments.. Prices are starting to stablize or come down though, at least around here. Unsold homes and reduced prices all over the place.

The market is cooling in DC/MD too. I doubt if stuff is going to start going at clearance prices, but I think the mania has stopped.

To quote F16, glad I bought my house 3 years ago in my neighborhood, shoulda bought 2!

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    congrats. looks like a nice place. northside is a nice place to live.

• Damn, in North Braddock that's a $60,000 house.

fer real, my girl was trying to sell her house, at least that size, in Mount Washington, she couldn't even move it for like 50 G's. This is a non-dangerous city neighborhood right across the river from downtown pixbrgh.

but anyway, congratulations. I feel jealous (at least until i remember that i can't fix anything to save my life)

• Mee too, only $150K.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

just got the computer in here with some interent last week. getting it together.

when's the opening party?

• meshmesh 925 Posts

when's the opening party?

sooooooooooooon.

Come to Long Island, 3 bedrooms range from low 400's to 10,000,000's[/b]

Damn man, I can't believe you haven't moved in yet. They never finish when they say they will. At least you're building equity while waiting.