turkey braeks and dandruff

tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
ok, multiquestioned post.what type of records they got in turkey? any standout LPs, artists, dollar bin classics, etc? not paricularly looking for belly dancing music though.another question, what do yall do about dandruff. im in an eternal battle to keep that shit under control. head and shoulders seems to work well, but i hate to think that im becoming dependant on some proctor and gamble chemical formula to keep me flakes in check. ive tried teatree and jojoba oils with partial success. anybody have some sure fire shit? i feel like somebody put a ill curse on me.

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

another question, what do yall do about dandruff.

I always dress in white, plus, it gives me that hot new age look that women seem to adore

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yeah, rub that jojoba oil in your napppz daily, and you should be good

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Oddly enough, shampoo gives me dandruff. Mild shampoos like the No More Tears don't eff with me too hard, though, and the occasional wash with soap keeps it real for me, too. Perhaps I'm backwards though because my hair is naturally pretty greasy, so sing mild shampoos or soaps that dry it out a tad tend to keep my scalp healthy.

I don't really know what I'm talking about, but holler at the Johnson and Johnson No More Tears shampoo. Sure it's still pretty corporate chemicals, but I tend to think that it's pretty light on the chemicals since it's so mild.

I ain't know n'an about Turkish records. Your boy J**f with the Eastern Euro breaks on lock don't?

-e

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    there's a lot of great Turkish records. I found most of mine while in Germany though.

one favoraite is 3 Hur El's stuff

for head flakes. you might have to shave your head and start fresh if it gets bad.

also, stop wearing a hat.

• Head & Shoulders shampoo AND conditioner, every day. Peace, 'Check . . .

• there's a lot of great Turkish records. I found most of mine while in Germany though.

one favoraite is 3 Hur El's stuff

for head flakes. you might have to shave your head and start fresh if it gets bad.

also, stop wearing a hat.

yeah fats, thats what im talking about!
    keep them coming. wasnt there some dude named mogolon or something like that?

the hat and long hair dont seem to help. right

• Hats are bad. Your head needs to breathe. Hats lead to dandruff and baldness.

You do have some wild hats though.

• i can answer the 2nd part of the ques. i have a large beard and no hair on my head, so to battle dry skin in the beard, a la flakes of dandruff, i use head and shoulders with conditioner, or some store brand of head and shoulders. works like a charm. hope that helps.

or should i say: real beardz know the deal

• haha real beardz!! thanks on the hat compliment, jawny...strangely, not everyones a fan.

ok, yall are a little lax on the turkey query. i reviewed some notes and here are names that i had written down. details about their dopest albums (dont nee to be rarest) appreciated.

erkin koray
    baris manco
    les mogol
    edip akbayram

what chaw know?

• i thought this thread was gonna be about a new skratch piklz battle record called "turkey braeks and dandruff"

• wasnt there some dude named mogolon or something like that?

that'll be Mogollar...Baris Manco has loads of good stuff out there, you also need to check out edip, ersen, selda...finders keepers records (www.finderskeepersrecords.com) have got a DOPE compilation of turkish stuff due out pretty soon, plus the selda lp which is heavy....

• and don??t forget Erkin koray (his non hardrock stuff is great! )

There are tons of one off aswell, 45s is where it??s at in Turkey (the LPs are $$$)

No help on the dandruff though

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

Use Head & Shoulders Refresh daily. works wonders yall.

• co sign on baris manco. had a couple of his records and they are fire.

as far as dandruff, i'm fighting it myself. i use this dandruff shampoo i got at target, doesnt' seem to be working to well for me. maybe have to go baldy again.

dave

• i can answer the 2nd part of the ques. i have a large beard and no hair on my head, so to battle dry skin in the beard, a la flakes of dandruff, i use head and shoulders with conditioner, or some store brand of head and shoulders. works like a charm. hope that helps.

or should i say: real beardz know the deal

I just had this imaginative picture of a huge dude with a shiney bald head & long Rick Rubin kinda beard standing in line at the walmart with nothing but a bottle of Head & Sholders evolve in my head...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    My gran swears by birch tar for the druff. But music-wise she don't know shit, although she did introduce me to the music of Bert Kaempfert.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Pres, your beard is no joke. You look like an upside down Little Richard.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Coconut oil is really good for your scalp. Don???t glob it on, work in quarter-size portions and start from your temples working to the back. It helps a lot if a special friend can help apply and massage your scalp at the same time. Leave it in for as long as it???s convenient and then wash it out.

Cutting back in dairy is supposed to help a lot.

Here???s an article with some good tips:

article

• "TRT Ara Muzikleri" has a nice track feat Nathan Davis.... Has an off white library looking cover.

Happy hunting!

Dress

• It helps a lot if a special friend can help apply and massage your scalp at the same time.

Close to AYO. Females always get out of these things though.
    damnit!

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    haha real beardz!! thanks on the hat compliment, jawny...strangely, not everyones a fan.

ok, yall are a little lax on the turkey query. i reviewed some notes and here are names that i had written down. details about their dopest albums (dont nee to be rarest) appreciated.

erkin koray

baris manco

les mogol

edip akbayram

what chaw know?

i'm terrible with names, but Turkey was the crossroads for what they called "Eurotrash" (the term means something dsiff these days) in the 60 and 70s.

Basically all these Turkish and Persian bands were blending western styles. I haven't come across anything I would call funk or soul influenced. Outside of psych and garage LPs, seems like mostly Edgar Winter and Cream records were getting circulated. Of course, that has merits IMO.

here are some needle drops off of a 3 Hur El ablum. audio clip

With a portable, you could prolly do some serious damage in Istanbul and Ankara.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    It helps a lot if a special friend can help apply and massage your scalp at the same time.

Close to AYO. Females always get out of these things though.
    damnit!

they might be more willing if you offered to do the same for them.

• haha real beardz!! thanks on the hat compliment, jawny...strangely, not everyones a fan.

erkin koray
    baris manco
    les mogol
    edip akbayram

what chaw know?

i'm terrible with names, but Turkey was the crossroads for what they called "Eurotrash" (the term means something dsiff these days) in the 60 and 70s.

Basically all these Turkish and Persian bands were blending western styles. I haven't come across anything I would call funk or soul influenced. Outside of psych and garage LPs, seems like mostly Edgar Winter and Cream records were getting circulated. Of course, that has merits IMO.

here are some needle drops off of a 3 Hur El ablum. audio clip

With a portable, you could prolly do some serious damage in Istanbul and Ankara.

superfats, thanks for the clips. congrats on the crib!