just got the funky lexicon!

lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
this thing is too heavy to bring to the shitter, and I don't own a single record rated G or higher!Nice job!I never realized strut was a genre.

Comments

• kicks79kicks79 1,333 Posts
    Yeah mine's in the post. it wants to be heavy for the price tag!!

Yo Idiotproof you got yours yet????

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man I'm still waiting on my copy to show in the mail. I have been waiting on that book to be printed for god knows how long. So every time I check the mail, I feel like a 7 yr old waiting for his secret decoder ring to arrive in the mail.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    anyone else receive one of these yet?

• Man I'm still waiting on my copy to show in the mail. I have been waiting on that book to be printed for god knows how long. So every time I check the mail, I feel like a 7 yr old waiting for his secret decoder ring to arrive in the mail.

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

No, but anxiously awaiting its arrival.........

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

mine arrived yesterday. Haven't had a chance to peruse it yet, but it is indeed a weighty tome.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Darted to my PO BOX after I saw this thread. No dice.

• Darted to my PO BOX after I saw this thread. No dice.

Here some information about shipping time.

Generally economy-airmail, as I've sent them, takes to USA (11-15 WORKING days) to CANADA (11-20 WORKING days).

I've sent out the first batch of orders on Oct 28th. All who have paid until Oct 27th are sent off that day. So arrival in USA should be between Nov 14th to 18th/21st, to Canada Nov 14th to Nov 25th, very much depending on where (East/West) in the states you are and how fast the custom authorities work (some sent out Oct 28th to east coast seem to have arrived Friday). After October 28th I've sent out every Tuesday and Friday. So all can calculate about the approximately arrival time knowning that, depending on their payment arrival.

Also important to know for all who may think of it might be lost - All parcels are sent registered/insured.

Best,
    Peter

• Man I'm still waiting on my copy to show in the mail. I have been waiting on that book to be printed for god knows how long.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Yeah, I was hoping that it would be inside the storm door when I got home....just a bunch of junk mail instead......

• Man.
    The lexicon has already become a household joke for benchmarking trades between two ultra bored and broke ass roomies (insert valley girl voice...) "Ummm, NoOooo, according to the funky records lexicon this is a BeeEeeee. You will have to trade some anotherrrr A to get this Paul Humphry and the Cool Aid Chemists...."

But its always cool to see a bunch of covers that you have titles of / know about but don't really know what you are looking for. That being said, I think that some of the shit is off mark in terms of rarity.

• My copy came in today and weighs roughly the same as Vernon Joynson's "The Tapestry of Delights" but more than David Walters "The Children of Nuggets" (which is hard bound, even!). Well done, Peter! That reminds me....I have some updates to send in!

It just never ends....

• Double K and I killed two hours of studio time today playing real or fake 45 title/group name. Shit was hilarious. I love my copy, and next to Insomnia it's the best book I own now. Thanks P...

• Darted to my PO BOX after I saw this thread. No dice.

Generally economy-airmail, as I've sent them, takes to USA (11-15 WORKING days) to CANADA (11-20 WORKING days).

I've sent out the first batch of orders on Oct 28th. All who have paid until Oct 27th are sent off that day. So arrival in USA should be between Nov 14th to 18th/21st, to Canada Nov 14th to Nov 25th, very much depending on where (East/West) in the states you are and how fast the custom authorities work (some sent out Oct 28th to east coast seem to have arrived Friday). After October 28th I've sent out every Tuesday and Friday. So all can calculate about the approximately arrival time knowning that, depending on their payment arrival.

Also important to know for all who may think of it might be lost - All parcels are sent registered/insured.

Best,
    Peter

Hi there..can you please give us some info on the shipping time for Euro strutters?
    thanks.

• Generally economy-airmail, within Europe, takes 5-20 WORKING days (Russia for example = 15-25 days), depending on the country and how far from Switzerland it is. Mostly it's somewhere between 8-12 WORKING days (with some exceptions when custom authorities work veryyyyyy slooooowwwww).

Best,
    Peter

Hi there..can you please give us some info on the shipping time for Euro strutters?
    thanks.

• FYI...dustygroove has copies available

• FYI...dustygroove had[/b] copies available

They ran out just as I was going to order...

But they will hopefully get them back in stock.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I received the "sorry we missed you" notice from the post office today.....
    looks like I'm picking it up tomorrow a.m.

Maybe I should call out sick tomorrow????

• FYI...dustygroove had[/b] copies available

They ran out just as I was going to order...

But they will hopefully get them back in stock.

I just got notice from Dusty Groove that they are back in stock if anyone's interested...

I received mine yesterday. Thanks! Made me realize how much of a little d'ude I am in this collecting game.

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Made me realize how much of a little d'ude I am in this collecting game.

But you have a copy of thrust.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    got mine yesterday and im sad because there was damage to the upper right hand corner of the book... that packaging ripped during transit...

i need a new copy of a partial refund cause im not spending $100 for a book thats damaged...

cool book though... even though we took a lot of those pictures off the website when it was active.

got mine yesterday and im sad because there was damage to the upper right hand corner of the book... that packaging ripped during transit...

i need a new copy of a partial refund cause im not spending $100 for a book thats damaged...

cool book though... even though we took a lot of those pictures off the website when it was active.

I was a bit worried that would happen to me too with the surface shipping option.

• got mine yesterday and im sad because there was damage to the upper right hand corner of the book... that packaging ripped during transit...

I was a bit worried that would happen to me too with the surface shipping option.

I'm still waiting on mine, I suppose it should arrive today since you all got yours yesterday (jealous)

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    I ran to my post box today and still no book.

• djrdjr 511 Posts

I received the "sorry we missed you" notice from the post office today.....
    looks like I'm picking it up tomorrow a.m.

Maybe I should call out sick tomorrow????

picked mine up this morning, been staring at it most of the night.
    Looks like I have a 45 or 2 not in the book. I can see myself spending alot more money in the near future.....

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    wait so is this book youre all talking about the 2005 funky & groovy music lexicon? i ordered this recently from funk.ch itself....excited to get it.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    wait so is this book youre all talking about the 2005 funky & groovy music lexicon? i ordered this recently from funk.ch itself....excited to get it.

Yes.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    did it just come out or something? i remember reading about it in about februrary or march, wanting to get it asap, but i was flat broke at the time...

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Just came out & looks like the first batch shipped is being received.