SuggestionStrut: Daily Limits on New Threads?

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
What say you?I'm not saying to limit daily posts by an individual user. I'm saying that it might be a good idea to limit the number of new threads started by a user on any given day.WEIGH IN.

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I pay to post here.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    I pay to post here.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Grafwritah needs to get a job.

• Grafwritah needs to get a job.

You should pay him to post here?

• djrdjr 511 Posts

Would the limit be per hour, or first X number of posts gets the spot?

(flash to thought of strutters setting their alarm clocks for the wee hours of the a.m.)

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i think a good percentage of doods on here are jobless. are you gonna see otis up in nyc this weekend, raj?

• Ed--I'm gonna buy you a root beer and you'll be skraight.

You should pay him to not[/b] post here.

• and the limit should be 1

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I think EdPowers was being ironic. Also, his little frenzy has helped shake things up and push a lot of ass down to page 2.

Have I been here long enough to start a State of the Strut thread? Probably not, but since that other forum opened, this one went right down the shitter. And it's no like there's mad record talk there either.

• Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I think EdPowers was being ironic. Also, his little frenzy has helped shake things up and push a lot of ass down to page 2.

Have I been here long enough to start a State of the Strut thread? Probably not, but since that other forum opened, this one went right down the shitter. And it's no like there's mad record talk there either.

Screw edpowers. I mean, really.

He never even played my 'Pac request.

• Maybe I'm giving him too much credit but I think EdPowers was being ironic. Also, his little frenzy has helped shake things up and push a lot of ass down to page 2.

Most of his threads were related to music, and it did flush a lot of crap.
    I say thanks EdPowers for helping me get through a boring friday.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

i think a good percentage of doods on here are jobless. are you gonna see otis up in nyc this weekend, raj?

unfortunately no. He goes on stage way past my bed time. I'll be in town on the 19th, though.

• Probably not, but since that other forum opened, this one went right down the shitter. And it's no like there's mad record talk there either.

Which sucks for us over 200 post folk who can't access

unfortunately no. He goes on stage way past my bed time. I'll be in town on the 19th, though.

That's 8:30 this saturday for all you non-married-with-children types.

Though I'm happy to be paid for nothing, I'm not in need of any of that.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

I found this comment particularly amusing coming from the perpetually parent funded, coincidingly unemployed, and equally as obnoxious.

Believe me guys, by this stage Grafwritah I>needs/I> a job, wants/I> a job, and is trying to [i]find a job. Believe it or not, making money is much more appealing than posting up pics of alien vaginas at 3am.

i got a job and I still do that shit.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

I found this comment particularly amusing coming from the perpetually parent funded, coincidingly unemployed, and equally as obnoxious.

Believe me guys, by this stage Grafwritah I>needs/I> a job, wants/I> a job, and is trying to [i]find a job. Believe it or not, making money is much more appealing than posting up pics of alien vaginas at 3am.

Grafwritah needs a job

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

im sure themack got clout there...he can get you an interview.

• Grafwritah needs a job

Desperation has it's limits.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    proposition every friday is record day

• Desperation has it's limits.

apparently spelling "its" correctly is not relegated by said limits.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Desperation has it's limits.

i typically never answer a post with only a graemlin, but in this case....

• Desperation has it's limits.

Apparently sitting around being greasy and analyzing people's posts for one slip of punctuation is also not relegated by said limits.

• I'm not saying to limit daily posts by an individual user. I'm saying that it might be a good idea to limit the number of new threads started by a user on any given day.

To get that kind of technology, you'd have to be a thousandaire.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    ban me. again.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    What say you?

I'm not saying to limit daily posts by an individual user. I'm saying that it might be a good idea to limit the number of new threads started by a user on any given day.

WEIGH IN.

I wholeheartedly support this proposal, the limit could be anywhere from three to five, which should be more than enough new threads per user per day. It would eliminate clutter on the front of the board and channel discussions more effectively. I can't imagine a single occasion where the limit would actually have a detrimental impact on this community. If you can't start a significant discussion with three or five new threads, you don't deserve the opportunity to keep trying that day.

Full disclosure: I think I've started three threads in soulstrut history, most of which have worn concrete shoes, so this limit will have no direct impact on my posting abilities.

Good idea.
    JRoot