Another loss for intelligent humor fans

DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
This is devastating to me. Steve Holt!? Bye Bye Arrested Development Man, after this week's back to back episodes, this was the last thing I expected. It will be missed. DJ Ferrari

Comments

• was about to post this myself. I guess we all saw it coming at some point. A Reuters article (didn't read this one you posted) said that the show might be shopped to cable networks. Too bad, this is the best show on TV right now.

• That seriously sucks! Words fail to express how much I loved this show.

• This is devastating to me. Steve Holt!?

Bye Bye Arrested Development

Man, after this week's back to back episodes, this was the last thing I expected. It will be missed.

DJ Ferrari

You could see this coming from a mile away. Critical acclaim and cult fanbases are not enough. Maybe HBO will bite...

• I'll be giving this a few spins tonight!

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    That seriously sucks! Words fail to express how much I loved this show.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I'll be giving this a few spins tonight!

tooroorooroo-tooroorootootooooooooooooooooo

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    so sad :"(

• Sure, like the guy in the $6000 suit is gonna stay on the air.
    COME ON![/b]

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    That sucks.

Do you think the TV on DVD market will ever be big enough to warrant production of shows like that straight to DVD?

That sucks.

Do you think the TV on DVD market will ever be big enough to warrant production of shows like that straight to DVD?

I dont know if I would like that.....or would I?

I Hope they put out a dvd of all the episodes they filmed for the 3rd season. (even though they blew goats)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That sucks.

straigt to dvd. No tv.

• I Hope they put out a dvd of all the episodes they filmed for the 3rd season. (even though they blew goats)

So they're not going to show the rest of their un-aired episodes? I only saw the first three episodes of season 3. The first episode where Gob hangs out with his son Steve Holt was hilarious.

Taste the sadness Michael! Taste it!
    Taste the happy!
    Tastes a lot like sadness.

Analrapist.

• "I've made a huge mistake."

• So they're not going to show the rest of their un-aired episodes?

The article says they cut the order to 13 episodes for this season. The next to air would be ep. 6, so I guess they are showing 8 more new ones.

• The season is still in production, so they haven't even finished making the last 8 episodes.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I thought this was an 'Intelligent Design' thread.

Shoot.

• I mourn today for Arrested Development. Tonight I dance the sad Chicken Dance.

Caw Caw Caw Caw . . .

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts

I mourn today for Arrested Development. Tonight I dance the sad Chicken Dance.

Caw Caw Caw Caw . . .

yeah dude. I mean my heart actually hurts on this one.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Though I still like it, I think that AD could have been even better if they hadn't ostensibly dumbed it down a notch in the second and third seasons to attract a wider audience. Some of the gags/themes got old, too. The show was sharpest early on when the writers, with their succinct story webs, seemed fully cognizant of the possibility that AD might not last into season two. It was a neater capsule then, IMO. You could just see execs whispering into Ron Howard's ear after they got re-upped the first time: "Don't make it so COMPLICATED this time around."

Really, though: Smart and Subtle doesn't sell on US TV; Smart and Subtle is a niche market. "America" and "wit" are not two words that go together. Really, AD was doomed from the start, and we all know this.

Really, though: Smart and Subtle doesn't sell on US TV; Smart and Subtle is a niche market. "America" and "wit" are not two words that go together. Really, AD was doomed from the start, and we all know this.

yes yes i know.

• 7th Heaven?!

NOOOOOOO!

Actually I'm a casual viewer of Arrested Development and thought it was reasonably entertaining for network television. Really, thinking on it, most sitcoms are garbage and if I have to see another police drama I'm going to fucking throw up.

So, yeah, right now, Arrested Development is about as good as it gets.

But that's not what America wants, they want another hourlong show about prisons or with visuals of penetrating bullets.

Blech.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

I mean, that closing "mole" scene in the last episode was peeinglypants funny.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

I mean, that closing "mole" scene in the last episode was peeinglypants funny.

exactly. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

damn Fox!

They didn't promo it once, not once dammit! I saw 400 commercials for Prison Break during the World Series, about 300 commercials for Stacked since then, and even a handfull of spots for that unfunny The War At Home. It's the same shit they pulled on Futurama, give a show no promotion, a crappy time slot, and half a brain and then blame it for low ratings.

• I saw 400 commercials for Prison Break during the World Series

I'm so fucking sick of this garbage.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I saw 400 commercials for Prison Break during the World Series

I'm so fucking sick of this garbage.
    Yes. FUCK PRISON BREAK[/b]. I've watched every single episode and I hate it. I actually pray now that the dudes find out about the plan and the special agents kill off the kid and death-row dude's wifey.

• yeah that sucks. fucking fox, man. i just recently started watching it too...

• i'm just happy it made it this far. saw it coming after episode 2. peace, stein. . .

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i just watched the extended pilot on the first dvd. it was perfect.