Another loss for intelligent humor fans

2»

Comments

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i'm surprised it lasted this long. does HBO do comedies? maybe someone there will see the light.

family love michael.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts
    The Mole VS Jet Pack Boy, was the greatest pay off in plot i've ever seen, and i'm including seinfeld and curb your enthusiasm.

The show is simply ahead of its time. If people were forced to watch 4 episodes sequentially, it would win a ton of fans...the show really needs to be watched sequentially to be appreciated, i dont care what anyone says. this isn't suited for network television format. the person that mentioned would dvd sales be a lucrative thing for shows that went straight to dvd, you are forward thinking, and i really agree with this, maybe not know, but definitely in a few years, i can see something like that happening, or at least paying for downloads of the show.

in terms of people arguing the show's humour is too intellectual for the masses, i dont think so, i really think if fans of the simpsons/family guy/seinfeld/curb your enthus were really aware of the show and have seen sequential episodes of it, they would be hardcore fans, but the promotion of the show is non existent. sheit, i didnt even know about the show until 2 months ago when i rented it at blockbuster on a hunch. now i own both dvd sets and have seen every epsisode.

all i can say about the show is the inside self referencing jokes are priceless. you can watch each episode 5 times and pick up something new. it reminds me of the feeling when you hear a dope hip hop song that has a sample of the artist's earlier works.

no eggageration, but for me its the best show ever. i've seen a show that made me want to watch episodes over and over within a short period of time, watching things in the background in hopes of discovering something new.

i mean cmon, who the phuck has superdave in a show? who? or the fonz making out with david cross. or cross doing his mrs doubtfire/mary poppin impression jumping off the stairs with a phucking umbrella? classic.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    does HBO do comedies?

i have a friend who works for hbo comedy series. i'd receommend to her to consider AD, but i don't think tv works like that. i can't think of another show that has ever jumped networks before.

the best we can hope for - and i don't think this is a long shot - is that the creator, mitchell hurwitz will keep on making sophistaced and hilarious entertainment

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    i can't think of another show that has ever jumped networks before.

Off the top of my head I can think of at least one, The Critic jumped networks between seasons.

Oh, and the final episode of Extras was great.

• aegisaegis 261 Posts

i have a friend who works for hbo comedy series. i'd receommend to her to consider AD, but i don't think tv works like that. i can't think of another show that has ever jumped networks before.

Also Monk. I think HBO is the only network that would think about AD, but I highly doubt they would actually pick it up.

Man, I'm gonna miss this.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

Home Movies and Family Guy both leapt from network TV to cable

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im amazed it actually got this far actually. I mean this is network television were talking about here.

What ever the case, i think the shows creators will be able to go whereever they want now. Thats what they call failing up in the T.V. industry.

• I saw 400 commercials for Prison Break during the World Series

I'm so fucking sick of this garbage.
    Yes.
    FUCK PRISON BREAK[/b]. I've watched every single episode and I hate it. I actually pray now that the dudes find out about the plan and the special agents kill off the kid and death-row dude's wifey.

But... you watched it.

I've made a concerted effort NOT to watch it, and I haven't.

It's just annoying how the success of one show (i.e. Law & Order, CSI:Miami, etc.) means that networks must run the whole genre into the ground. I mean, there are THREE CSI:whatever shows ALONE, on ONE NETWORK. That's nto even counting the OTHER investigative cop shows.... ON THE SAME NETWORK.

One or two is ok. I don't need 8 of them. Just like I don't need 16 reality shows.

• i mean cmon, who the phuck has superdave in a show? who? or the fonz making out with david cross. or cross doing his mrs doubtfire/mary poppin impression jumping off the stairs with a phucking umbrella? classic.

Wasn't Superdave in Curb Your Enthusiasm? His brother was the weatherman with the golf tip, and his father died and Larry wanted tickets to the game...

Right?

And by the way, since we're talking TV...

I just started watching Alias on dvd, and that shit is addictive.

... Accept whenever she goes home, and shes always listening to some dave matthews type shit, and talking with her stupid friends... then it gets kinda , but usually only for a minute.