Boogie you’re feelin’ this week

nrichnrich 932 Posts
edited November 2005 in Music Talk
Post up some boogie cuts you're feelin latelyRight now:Al Hudson & Soul Partners - Spead Love (so good)Lee Moore - Reachin Out (ditto)Fresh Band - Come Back Lover (ditto)

Comments

• Jake One's AR-2 mixtape in general...I swear I've listened to this thing 30 times.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    A recent boogie arrival that's a killer...

Jimmy 'Handyman' Jones - Handyman's Back in Town Pt. 2

DJ Ferrari

• Bobby Thurston - Check out the Groove. This track is...

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    BB&Q - On The Beat just came on winamp.

I remember a dope rmx of this? Anyone remember who did it?

Ohhh

Brass Construction - Happy People just dropped...

Today is gonna be a good workday, cause it's Friday and I just got paid... I guess, all thats left is for me to round up the posse & jump in my ride.

• Options
    I want you (all tonight) - Curtis Hairston

Sunshie Love - Itopia

Don't know if many others play this tune within boogie, but I enjoy doing so. A credit to Wackies experimental attitude.

K in Canada.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    la grange- zz top

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    Sunshie Love - Itopia

Don't know if many others play this tune within boogie, but I enjoy doing so. A credit to Wackies experimental attitude.

K in Canada.

Nice cut. Is that on Wackies?

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Lamont Dozier - Cool Me Out from his "Working On You" album back to back with all time favourite after-the-dance-slow-boogie-anthem "The Rub" from George & Gwen McCrae.

I won't get into details why but I've been bumping these two tracks heavy over the last week.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    canadian boogie faves:

Tyron Henderson - DJ's In The Groove - "he's makin MOOOOVESSS ..."
    Loi - Body Contact - killer boris gardiner arranged girly boogie jam

• vaughan mason & crew - bounce rock skate roooooooooooooll

• I thought we were talking about actual boogie tracks. For me, I've been listening to Canned Heat's "Woodstock Boogie".

• FunkMasters "It's Over" dub version
    Matsubara "S.O.S."
    Black Gold "C'mon Stop"

and not boogie at all but yesterday i picked up the Samba Soul "mas que nada" / "mambo no. 5" 12" which is some of the finest brazillian disco breaks i've ever heard.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the return of p****k.

good to see you kicking.

• i'm still kickin...israel says hi! well, he doesn't but i'm sure he would if he had the chance.

nrich-that lee moore track is indeed nice...on source record right? it's still pretty unknown so it's not worth much but the music is priceless! he also put out this other boogie 12" on a different label that i've had before...not as good as "reachin". actually "reachin out" is from 1979 and is a bit early to be boogie i think...but i should mince genres.

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    change-paradise

• Options
    canadian boogie faves:

Ohh Wee Babe - Ron Richardson
    Are You Lonely - Hypnotic

• I was wonderin' if anyone else knew that Lee Moore "Reachin" track.

Pretty common, think I paid $2 for it but damn is it amazing! The P.Adams sounding synth solo is insane...

• definitely has some patrick adams sounding synths on it. i have only seen it once and put it on ebay thinking i'd get a little bit of money but it flopped. i think it's just not known yet. i wish i would have kept it. but i recorded it so i still have the music.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    nrich-that lee moore track is indeed nice...on source record right? it's still pretty unknown so it's not worth much but the music is priceless!

yep, that's the one. True, I don't think too many people are up on it which means it can be caught for a good price. Great tune

Are You Lonely - Hypnotic

I've been dying to hear this. Anyone have a sound sample? And it's Hipnotic, right?

DJ Ferrari

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    definitely has some patrick adams sounding synths on it. i have only seen it once and put it on ebay thinking i'd get a little bit of money but it flopped. i think it's just not known yet. i wish i would have kept it. but i recorded it so i still have the music.

I would track it down on ebay or something before/if it becomes a difficult find

• Lamont Dozier - Cool Me Out from his "Working On You" album back to back with all time favourite after-the-dance-slow-boogie-anthem "The Rub" from George & Gwen McCrae.

I won't get into details why but I've been bumping these two tracks heavy over the last week.

olski, was up man....hope all is well!

i love these cuts that your bumpin, however... dont think these would be classified as boogie!

greyship daviz/ this groove is on the loose...the best!
    ray parker jr/ for those who like to groove
    ff yellowhand/ you want everynight
    g&g rhythm section/funkadelic funk
    fifth avenue/the wiggie instrumental
    john blair/ mama said shut up
    jeanette lady day/ come let me love you
    gap band/early in the morning ( most under rated group)
    and one i will never get tired of.. syvia striplin/ give me your love
    damn...dont get me started on boogie.....im about to put on some skates right now
    i know theres more fans of boogie out there...

• ff yellowhand is a classic! nice one.

courtesy of soufriere i got: Blair "Nightlife"...always feelin' that.

anybody else know this Matsubara joint? it's from Hollywood, CA and i think Rong or Moxie put out an edit of it. It's all instrumental and really jazzy but is very funky and has nice breaks.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

anybody else know this Matsubara joint? it's from Hollywood, CA and i think Rong or Moxie put out an edit of it. It's all instrumental and really jazzy but is very funky and has nice breaks.

that cut is indeed dope..

i don't remember who did the re-edit.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    ff yellowhand is a classic! nice one.

I think someone's got a few of those... Lotusland maybe?

What's the label? That name seems really familiar

• lotus scored multiple ff yellowhands at his bronx spot...not sure if he still has them...i'm sure they aren't cheap if he does! i got mine for a quarter!

don't remember the label on the matsubara...a little research tells me it is indeed on a rong 12". i think the track is just fine as is...it doesn't get a bit fusion-y in parts but i'm ok with that.

the drunk edit of Blair "Nightlife" totally sucks and sounds like shit...and they take out all the vocals which are the best part! sometimes you should leave tracks alone.

• Options
    I got it in a trade, so it only cost me opportunity cost. I'd think I'd drop loot if I lost this copy, though. It's the best boogie tune I've ever heard.

K.

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

Any audio on these?

Any audio on these?

I got this one at home. I'll get back to ya. Word,

DJ Ferrari

• greyship daviz/ this groove is on the loose...the best!

Any audio on these?

im so lo- tek... if i knew how to post audio i would

some others that destroy shit

mid air/ ease out 12"
    maxx traxx/ dont touch it..off the lp
    candy bowman/ feel you love 12"
    stephanie mills/ put your body in it...timeless classic.
    skyy/ heres to you
    twennynine/ peanut butter 12"