Boogie you’re feelin’ this week

Comments

• Options

mid air/ ease out 12"

I love this 12 - not an easy find.

K.

• skyy/ heres to you

I like the version done by dutch group Thunderstorm with Billy Jones on vocals, pretty good "Boogie" album imo

other favorites:

garfield fleming - dont send me away

sinnamon - in need you now

vance & suzanne - can't get along without you

gwen guthrie - seventh heaven

the gents - for you my baby love

bruni pagan - fantasy

finis henderson - skip to my lou

freeez - southern freeez

raw silk - just in time

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    A recent boogie arrival that's a killer...

Jimmy 'Handyman' Jones - Handyman's Back in Town Pt. 2

DJ Ferrari

still lookin for a copy of this myself...

• I've seen people mention those A&R mixtapes by Jake one a couple of times now and i am getting very curious, are they still available? how can i get my hands on them? info would be appreciated...

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    twennynine/ peanut butter 12"

• right now i am feelin' the Ingram single- "My Sister's Daughter."

• twennynine/ peanut butter 12"

i also dig the 12" for "Fancy Dancer"

• im about to drop a discomodernsoulboogie cd real soon....filled with slept on simplicity, and ultra rare heatrocks....another one for the kon and amir catalogue....

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Armenta - I Wanna Be With You
    Hi-Gloss - I'm Totally Yours
    Krisp - Sunlight
    Vicky D - This Beat Is Mine

• Just found that one on vinyl and can't stop listening to it:

• That Ozone is produced by Teena Marie, right? I gotta get that. Right now I'm feeling the Central Line "Breaking Point" album, does that fall into the 'boogie' category?

• Any you cats have a CLUB CLASSIC MIX or a BOOGIE MIX whatever you want to call it.It would be nice to hear a mix set.All you cats have some nice cuts.

• A recent boogie arrival that's a killer...

DJ Ferrari

Maaan..thats not "boogie"! thats disco! deep private disco-soul breaks!
    and check out the Kenny Dope - 80s Roller Boogie mixtape for some killer boogie!

Sweet G - "Boogie Feelin Rap" is also a good jam..

Young and Co. - "I Like What Youre Doing To Me" is dooope

check also out Prelude Records! Thats all boogie! Early 80s boogie, disco and soul..

and that Greyship Daviz 12"! record it, save it as mp3, and go to yousendit.com and post the link here!

• MAIN INGREDIENT feat. Cuba Gooding (Sr.) - evening of love

pure class !

and an ole fave I've been feelin' since its day of release:

B.T. EXPRESS - does it feel good

• Ahh damn that BT Express song is a killer disco/(boogie) classic! But its more disco than boogie..:p

But it think alot of people have to see the difference between disco and boogie. Disco is not a bad word! Boogie is a slower disco-groove with a heavier back beat (early 80s) just listen to that Kenny Dope mixtape, thats what boogie is.

Is that Jake One tape good? Thats the tape where he is using the Royal Flush - Hot Spot LP cover-art (poker style) and have Jake One written instead of Royal Flush?

• Is that Jake One tape good? Thats the tape where he is using the Royal Flush - Hot Spot LP cover-art (poker style) and have Jake One written instead of Royal Flush?

All the AR mixes are slamming. I've sold through my batch! I gotta reup with the homie.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Iz this Boogie?

• A recent boogie arrival that's a killer...

DJ Ferrari

Maaan..thats not "boogie"! thats disco! deep private disco-soul breaks!
    and check out the Kenny Dope - 80s Roller Boogie mixtape for some killer boogie!

Sweet G - "Boogie Feelin Rap" is also a good jam..

Young and Co. - "I Like What Youre Doing To Me" is dooope

check also out Prelude Records! Thats all boogie! Early 80s boogie, disco and soul..

and that Greyship Daviz 12"! record it, save it as mp3, and go to yousendit.com and post the link here!

i tried the you send it, it would not load the whole page once i got to step 3.

unlimited touch...preludes catalogue is sick, cats wanna by pass the fundamentals and go right for the indie/pp shit!
    the strikers/ body music ( check for the 1st press indie release, with NO keyboards)
    nard lp/ do not sleep!

i will try the you send it again.

• cats wanna by pass the fundamentals and go right for the indie/pp shit!

absolutely... was surprised there was a mere single mention of Gwen Guthrie (and not ONE of Larry Levan???)... Not that I'm about everything LL worked on, but sheeeeet, I'm ALWAYS feeling:

NYC Peech Boys - Don't Make Me Wait (album and 12 mix, tho 12 is very minimal...)
    Gwen Guthrie / Larry Levan - Padlock EP (5 cuts of boogie /sly n' robbie excellence!)
    Man Friday - Love money, Love Heartache (pitch-bend/rolling bass-line, dubby keys, etc etc...)

non-Larry stuff (but he probably would've dug )

Orlando Johnson & Trance - Turn the Music On
    Change - Lovers Holiday
    Staple Singers - Slippery People (yup, a Talking Heads cover!)
    Sinnamon -Thanks To You
    a lot of the DISCONET stuff
    and for those in the know,
    Snaps Montigo - I'll Cast My Fate To The Wind 12" on Tune Wizard
    is

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• cats wanna by pass the fundamentals and go right for the indie/pp shit!

Snaps Montigo - I'll Cast My Fate To The Wind 12" on Tune Wizard
    is

i got that snaps 12'...good stuff.

mercury label had a lot of heat..like the central line.
    i have alooooot of extras/trades if anybody on this thread is looking...send me a list cuz i have too many to name!

• http://s36.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0D1BESQTLBX210VHFDOJPW7CZX

Converted an old casette this past week(Circa 1983 or so). For those who have heard these, pardon the redundancy. The rest of you enjoy.

• i found a levan mix this week that i hadnt heard previously.

Rockers Revenge-Walking on Sunshine. reallly really dope

• nrichnrich 932 Posts

unlimited touch...preludes catalogue is sick, cats wanna by pass the fundamentals and go right for the indie/pp shit!
    very true

the strikers/ body music ( check for the 1st press indie release, with NO keyboards)
    nard lp/ do not sleep!

what did that strikers come out on?
    nard is dope. I wish they would have released Master Rocker on 12"

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    i found a levan mix this week that i hadnt heard previously.

Rockers Revenge-Walking on Sunshine. reallly really dope

This is a great tune. I put it on my 1k post mix... but snot boogie. "Rockers"

• unlimited touch...preludes catalogue is sick, cats wanna by pass the fundamentals and go right for the indie/pp shit!
    very true

nard lp/ do not sleep!

what did that strikers come out on?
    nard is dope. I wish they would have released Master Rocker on 12"

the strikers came out on
    cesare its a blue label...my spelling might be off, ill dig it up soon. if i had a scanner/ knew how to post
    we cud have some fun with this.
    mr. noble ...where you at...??? dont for get your sunblock!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    kon-whats happening man? i miss cheapo now that i'm in ny...( you know who this is ). that greyship is dope...anthony hit me with a copy a while back. i'm gonna pm in a minute.
    heres my top boogie right now-
    1: new world generation-i'm feelin fine
    2: superior elevation- dont let go
    3: leprechaun-loc it up

• the original strikers is indeed on cesare and it's not too tough to find around nyc but it's pretty rare. i don't think it's as good as the levan mix on prelude but that's just my opinion.

"walking on sunshine" is indeed a great tune...not a levan mix though. the eddy grant original is just as good...as is the flip on the 12" "sunshine jam". rocker's revenge put out another 12" which is a rap version called "sunshine party rap" or something like that.

• CPR,

you would know wayyy better than me, but are you sure theres not a Levan mix of Walking on Sunshine? I have no vinyl to verify, but my mp3 sezz so. It also sounds pretty signature L.L.

edit---can't find anything about it on google, i'm sure you are right.

• Thanks for the soundclip! Everyone is talking about this 12" but Ive heard better songs! Maybe just not my style.. I thought the a side was best??

do you have the other songs from this 12"??