TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE BREAKS!

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    All breakz ?'s should henceforth be PM'ed to:

...jokes
    im new here so forgive me...infrom me please on "the mack" or maybe thats for another time
    is he kinda like the "gooch" from different strokes?

haha!

read all about it

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    That you kon?

Actually www.the-breaks.com is a pretty useful reasource for all kinds of sample questions. Around here we just like to fuck around and yell at eachother mostly.

• my partner and i

AYO!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

did that bring out the gay man in you...get it..( i re- read that and it looked like you called it! hahaha!!

no fag dont get it twisted...meaning (kon & amir)

So this is Kon?

Why are you so angry man?

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

mid-week beef! excellent.

you are all fucking retards. bring it.

• That you kon?

Actually www.the-breaks.com is a pretty useful reasource for all kinds of sample questions. Around here we just like to fuck around and yell at eachother mostly.

yes its me, my man....hows la treating you? tell worm to stop jockin the kenny loggins look!

• you are all fucking retards.

you are all fucking retards.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Hey Kon, what up dude! How's the Greyship Daviz treating you? Welcome to the strut

DJ Ferrari

• my partner and i

AYO!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

did that bring out the gay man in you...get it..( i re- read that and it looked like you called it! hahaha!!

no fag dont get it twisted...meaning (kon & amir)

So this is Kon?

Why are you so angry man?

im not angry at all, im typing this with a smile on my face..im just curious thats all..im also a sarcastic bastard. I dont mind confrontation, provided its for a worthy cause, like traffic jams, and records

im just playing devils advocate for the lil dudes who get shit on...

lighten up yall...smoke a joint
    btw bsides...send me some kush!!!!! i really miss it.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

• Hey Kon, what up dude! How's the Greyship Daviz treating you? Welcome to the strut

DJ Ferrari

greyship daviz 12" prolly the best boogie record ..period

i should ask...hows the BAND X ?

there is another person on this board that i traded a copy to! a real nice guy to boot...sup tony?

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Ahhh...Kon. The man who cleaned out In Y*ur E*r of all the $3 mind-blower 45's.

That's cool, though, cause I still remember hanging out with you & Er*n Gu*nna*e at Finagle-a-Bagel in Kenmore, BITD.

Nice to see the shine you been getting lately - that piece on J Regan in the Globe last week caught me off-guard.

PS
    there were 5 more Evans Pyramid on the 50 cent wall in the back...

i should ask...hows the BAND X ?

Absolutely ridiculous... one of the best records I own. Thanks! You check out any of the Craig Peyton Group LPs? I think there's 3 of them. Same band members as Band X. Pretty similar and almost as dope.

DJ Ferrari

• This is awesome...a thread that went from 'stop shitting on lil dudes' to super private press exclusivity

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Not that i care, but am curious...

Why is it when cats ask about a sample/break yall try to son them with ????
    To me those questions are based on the soulstrut slogan " crate digging and hip hop culture" right?
    directly relating to what "crate digging " is about...

yall shit on these "lil dudes" for asking about breaks and samples...meanwhile i see posts about complete nonsense, that has NOTHING to do with records or music...like, pen vs. pencil! guns! pussy! food! cars! sports!

yall need some graemlins that say... take that shit to espn.com
    seriously some of the threads i see on here are garbage.
    any comments?

I think the point is to first earn your keep by participating in the forums. Then ask all the sample questions you can't find with your own research. I don't think anyone here minds answering a sample question from time to time. But when people don't even bother to look for an answer first (by checking the breaks, searching previous threads on here, googling or whatever), and just post the question or someone gets on here with no intention, except to leach knowledge about samples and never post again. Well that shit is just lame and nobody wants that shit going on here, can you blame them?

This is awesome...a thread that went from 'stop shitting on lil dudes' to super private press exclusivity

You can't get that kind of action at the-breaks?

DJ Ferrari

• Ahhh...Kon. The man who cleaned out In Y*ur E*r of all the $3 mind-blower 45's.

That's cool, though, cause I still remember hanging out with you & Er*n Gu*nna*e at Finagle-a-Bagel in Kenmore, BITD.

Nice to see the shine you been getting lately - that piece on J Regan in the Globe last week caught me off-guard.

PS
    there were 5 more Evans Pyramid on the 50 cent wall in the back...

ayo..
    not sure who this is, but i remember the kenmore bagle days! anybody knowin about kenmore must be good peeps ...shes still at whole foods!!!! captain menos..pizza pad..its all gone. where is mr.butch??

thank you for the shine comment...and your welcome for the 5 evans at 50 cent!! ( jokes)
    i copped about 3 boxes of them...flipped them for quite a bit, then reed was like..ahh these are $30 a pop!
    jon was looking like a mouse caught in headlights!!! my man

• to be fair i think i asked the stupider question and mentioned the steely dan.

true indeed, but I copped the Bob French from you in the Heatrocks so though you showed little dudeness by now knowing B.S., you do come with heat.

• Not that i care, but am curious...

Why is it when cats ask about a sample/break yall try to son them with ????
    To me those questions are based on the soulstrut slogan " crate digging and hip hop culture" right?
    directly relating to what "crate digging " is about...

yall shit on these "lil dudes" for asking about breaks and samples...meanwhile i see posts about complete nonsense, that has NOTHING to do with records or music...like, pen vs. pencil! guns! pussy! food! cars! sports!

yall need some graemlins that say... take that shit to espn.com
    seriously some of the threads i see on here are garbage.
    any comments?

I think the point is to first earn your keep by participating in the forums. Then ask all the sample questions you can't find with your own research. I don't think anyone here minds answering a sample question from time to time. But when people don't even bother to look for an answer first (by checking the breaks, searching previous threads on here, googling or whatever), and just post the question or someone gets on here with no intention, except to leach knowledge about samples and never post again. Well that shit is just lame and nobody wants that shit going on here, can you blame them?

i agree with you 100% ..i just have never seen anybody answer a breaks question, i thought it just wasnt allowed, or it was looked down on.not that i give a fuck about a break! i do enjoy the comedy on here, and i posted this thread to get some shit going...and look a 3 pager.

• so now im stupid?
    who decides what question is "stupid" or what record is worthy of asking about?

not everybody is a sponge of knowledge like yourself...dickhead.

you're not stupid - the question was. Or can you glean the difference

And It's funny how you wanna make this personal, but I'll refrain since I'm cool with your boy.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts
    to be fair i think i asked the stupider question and mentioned the steely dan.

true indeed, but I copped the Bob French from you in the Heatrocks so though you showed little dudeness by now knowing B.S., you do come with heat.

cool. hope you like that 45.

it's not like i don't know the scaggs record, i just didn't recognize the image out of context. plus he's facing the wrong direction dammit!

jon was looking like a mouse caught in headlights!!! my man
    lol.

I see his lil bro all around my neighborhood in JP, he's a great kid.

This is Mark F - I think I was prolly dating Er*n back in those days, or right around that time. I haven't seen her for a few years.

I slept on that Cyclorama night - my roommate Justine went, and was trying to get me out, but I was probably parked on the internet. I think she said what's up to you at the show.

Good to see you around - and starting shit.

was taught not to speak on the obvious, but if you are oblivious...

• so now im stupid?
    who decides what question is "stupid" or what record is worthy of asking about?

not everybody is a sponge of knowledge like yourself...dickhead.

you're not stupid - the question was. Or can you glean the difference

And It's funny how you wanna make this personal, but I'll refrain since I'm cool with your boy.

hey..im not trying to "not" be cool...saying what i asked is stupid, makes me stupid..nothin personal, but
    ya know. namecalling..stupid/ dickhead...fuckit. we good? no harm meant

• namecalling..stupid/ dickhead...fuckit. we good? no harm meant
    Post your physical address or you are soft.

Fixed.

• hey..im not trying to "not" be cool...saying what i asked is stupid, makes me stupid..nothin personal, but

clearly a difference is not gleaned... Intelligent people can often ask questions that are seemingly below their knowledge level and it not make them stupid

• hey..im not trying to "not" be cool...saying what i asked is stupid, makes me stupid..nothin personal, but

clearly a difference is not gleaned... Intelligent people can often ask questions that are seemingly below their knowledge level and it not make them stupid

and knowing that, almost makes them smart. - 3rd bass

hey guys what is that record they got the sample from?

btw..i get the difference, i was just quick to reply.

• "raw hamburger is what we call an impractical dreamer"... KMD

what's THAT from!

• jon was looking like a mouse caught in headlights!!! my man
    lol.

I see his lil bro all around my neighborhood in JP, he's a great kid.

This is Mark F - I think I was prolly dating Er*n back in those days, or right around that time. I haven't seen her for a few years.

I slept on that Cyclorama night - my roommate Justine went, and was trying to get me out, but I was probably parked on the internet. I think she said what's up to you at the show.

Good to see you around - and starting shit.

was taught not to speak on the obvious, but if you are oblivious...

ya big hockey playin mufuka...u still at licks..drivin that fridge around? its all about the cake batter
    i call jons bro..."andy rican" cuz of his car...good dude

i saw justine lookin all spiffed up with the new hair doo !
    flipside represent

ya big hockey playin mufuka...u still at licks..drivin that fridge around?

Yeah, and I finally got called this week on hitting record stores while out on deliveries...after doing it for 5 years! I was like, "what - NOW you care?"
    I'm still there, though, for better or worse.

Flipside is closing next month.

I'm bummed, because NOBODY goes in that place, and I have been pulling gems out of there on the dl for years. Another source bites the dust. He's not even having a closing blowout, either, cause he's relocating to Virginia.

Lame.