TAKE THAT SHIT TO THE BREAKS!

13»

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    OOF

• How's the Greyship Daviz treating you?
    greyship daviz 12" prolly the best boogie record ..period

The Greyship were from Ohio, fuck what the label says. Unique related.

• at least i'm on top of my steely dan!

man, I can't call it...was this an intentional AYO!?

(edited bc of damn google url passin')

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Take this thread to the-breaks.com

- spidey

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

awesome!!

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    consider it tooked!

• post your psychological address or...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    post your psychological address or...

PINKO!!!

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    dude I was drinking on an empty stomach and now I am reading this post with chicken noodle soup and saltines

this is the best thraed evar

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    How's the Greyship Daviz treating you?
    greyship daviz 12" prolly the best boogie record ..period

The Greyship were from Ohio, fuck what the label says. Unique related.

wow... so much aggravation... yes the label says the record co. was from cali but even josh bea and i have thought the group was from ohio. if josh and i say its not from california... its not from california. you can keep that shit in Ohio. it is a nice 12" though...

i have an extra copy if anyone is after this record.

• I would guess the fact that the label reads "Recorded in Columbus, Ohio" would be decent indication as to where the music is from.

• i have a related question that i must have missed the original story to. why does the graemlin have a dude sitting on a bench? i don't get it. i get all the other graemlins but not this one.

1. yo I have this album and I happen to like it. I like a lot of Boz Scaggs.

2. i understand full well the meaning of "take that to the breaks.com"

3. and I was around when this graemlin was introduced.

But i've never been able to get a straight answer: What does this particular Boz Scaggs album have to do with "take that to the breaks.com"?!?!?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    cause it's a famous break that is in every quarter bin on the continent.

• But i've never been able to get a straight answer: What does this particular Boz Scaggs album have to do with "take that to the breaks.com"?!?!?

but seriously, who else is into his excellent smoov later hit, "miss sun"? ...c'mon!!!!

also, whats up with the $325 "greatest love story" sealed on the wall of LA amoeba? is there such a thing as an opened copy of that record? i now officially doubt this.

• cause it's a famous break that is in every quarter bin on the continent.

granted. but there's lots of famous breaks that are in every quarter bin on the continent. why must we use Boz for this graemlin?!?! it's a digrace to his legacy.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts

granted. but there's lots of famous breaks that are in every quarter bin on the continent. why must we use Boz for this graemlin?!?! it's a digrace to his legacy.

Unless you've been around since the leacy period or sometime before that, it might be difficult to understand. the real discrace to Boz's legacy is that other record with him in the pink speedo. That and the fact that you can book him for lame corporate functions with k.c. and the sunshine band.

Lets just say Silk Degrees is the evil twin to endless flight on soulstrut. Regardless of why it was initially mentioned (probably a joke in an ancient weekend finds post) It is now an iconic symbol for the massive internet inside joke that is soulstrut.com.

Unless you've been around since the leacy period or sometime before that, it might be difficult to understand. the real discrace to Boz's legacy is that other record with him in the pink speedo. That and the fact that you can book him for lame corporate functions with k.c. and the sunshine band.

Lets just say Silk Degrees is the evil twin to endless flight on soulstrut. Regardless of why it was initially mentioned (probably a joke in an ancient weekend finds post) It is now an iconic symbol for the massive internet inside joke that is soulstrut.com.

It also stems from faux one time declaration that king most's (i believe) discussion of headwrap rap be taken to okayplayer.com.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Do you Boz fans like this one?

nevar heard it, but id still rather take doubles of silk degrees.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

nevar heard it, but id still rather take doubles of silk degrees.
    Very rootsy, Muscle Shoals, Duanne Alman on guitar, beautiful version of Fenton Robinsons Somebody Loan Me A Dime.

Dan

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

because boz has better art than black oak arkansas.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts
    But i've never been able to get a straight answer: What does this particular Boz Scaggs album have to do with "take that to the breaks.com"?!?!?
    as i put this graemlin together, i'll go ahead and give you the straight (no ayo...even though i'm on my steely dan as well ) answer...

i picked Boz cause like SoulOnIce said he is in every fricken store everywhere. thrifts etc (at least in the US from what i've seen). i figured the oft used phrase "take that shit to the-breaks.com" was being used to confront people posting easy sample spotting questions that could usually be solved by literally going to the-breaks website or putting in some work. so i thought, Boz may be the most commonest break out (and actually one i like)... plus the cover of the record is recognizable by most diggers.

flipping the image was mainly out of convenience because the other graemlins we had that i used as a template had the speech bubble going that way. it may be neat to flip it completely and see Boz with a 40 in a brown paper bag or something, but i digress.

now if someone could post a pic of the Lowdown 12" (without the bells), I'd appreciate it.