Juelz Santana "What the Game's Been Missing"

Comments

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    dont get caught? that song is incredible.

• enjoyable record. i'm glad that they cleared the "mic check" sample (early promos had a wack keyboard version), and that "postman" beat is bananas. only had a chance to listen to it once, but i liked it.

I'm a bit confused which promos your talking about. The one with dirty/clean and "You ain't my homie" on the B-side?

nah that's the white label one on "santanas town" records.

def jam sent out press CDs for the album a month or two ago with 5 songs - the horn sample from mic check was replayed on perhaps the shittiest sounding keyboard of all time. it was really an abomination - don't think that version ever made it to wax though.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Any new thoughts on this now that it's officially out?

-e

• I am calling this album "What's Juelz been missing?" because this stinks just like all his other full-length efforts, basically sounds like a mixtape and has no flow and no real concept from track to track. That said, there are some bangers on there, but nothing I'm gonna remember six months from now except "clockwork" which is fucking filthy.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    Any new thoughts on this now that it's officially out?

-e

i bought it and I enjoy it.

I havent gave it a good listen though. I can say this: TOO MANY GODDAMN TRACKS!

• maybe i just had high expectations... but damn i'm getting sick of rappers with like 1/3 of a good album.

shit is depressing. Juelz is nice for sure - but this is no Purple Haze.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I think this album is 2/3 good.

There's way more quality than crap.

-e

• I think this album is 2/3 good.

There's way more quality than crap.

-e

I'd say the opposite.

SO THERE!

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    basically sounds like a mixtape and has no flow and no real concept from track to track.

By the way, did you really expect otherwise?

-e

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    And no one is talking about the packaging. Did everyone just download it?

That pop-up is

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    I've got the vinyl. What's up with this pop-up? Explain please.

-e

That pop-up is

yeah, say what? I bought the cd. The packaging was just normal.

• gambitgambit 906 Posts

That pop-up is

Oh no no no... take that version back, get the special edition version with the DVD. The CD case has a pop-up of Juelz when you open one side. My Flint homies would call that "monster." I call it pure ig'nant genius.

That pop-up is

Oh no no no... take that version back, get the special edition version with the DVD. The CD case has a pop-up of Juelz when you open one side. My Flint homies would call that "monster." I call it pure ig'nant genius.

MON FOR SURE! I didnt see that version. I just copped it at vertigo and they only had one.

• basically sounds like a mixtape and has no flow and no real concept from track to track.

By the way, did you really expect otherwise?

-e

Did I expect otherwise? No. Do I want otherwise? Yes. I have no problem copping, swapping, or downloading the songs I like from this dude but if he wants me to step to a full length LP he's gotta come stronger than this. Glad I don't have to pay for defjam releases

• It was OK but a lot of his stuff sounds like a second-rate Joe Budden to me...and too many "rhymes" like this:

So come fuck with the boy
    I'm still pumping the boy
    I'll still dump on the boy
    Blue steel pump to the boy

I think it says a lot about the current state of hip hop that this dude is even talked about at all.

• you don't get it.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    It was OK but a lot of his stuff sounds like a second-rate Joe Budden

I'm still pumping the boy

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Seriously... no one got the 2-disc joint? Hip-hop pop-ups don't appeal to ya, hunh?

• Seriously... no one got the 2-disc joint? Hip-hop pop-ups don't appeal to ya, hunh?

I got the single disc because it was $9.99 and everytime I buy the CD/DVD combo I never watch the DVD. I'd rather have $3 in my pocket.

• I got the 2 disc joint and I must concur that the pop-up is so next level that our graemlin for such does it no justice. Really great shit, I wanna do a photo series of it close up w/ different backgrounds! I think the album is pretty good overall, about what I expected and more bangers than the last one. The DVD is cool 'cause it's got the "shottas" vid which I'm not sure will make it to the small screen. The "interview" w/ Juelz is pretty retched though. He really needs to drop his act a little sometimes. I know he's a smart guy he just sounds like a fuckin' idiot in that "interview" though...Haven't watched to "making of" parts of the DVD yet...

• basically sounds like a mixtape and has no flow and no real concept from track to track.

So what, you're like, the Concept King or somethin'?

So what, you're like, the Concept King or somethin'?

If you're not into the whole brevity thing

• gambitgambit 906 Posts
    Seriously... no one got the 2-disc joint? Hip-hop pop-ups don't appeal to ya, hunh?

I got the single disc because it was $9.99 and everytime I buy the CD/DVD combo I never watch the DVD. I'd rather have $3 in my pocket.
    But the pop-up man, the pop-up! It's what the game's been missing!

• CLabCLab 76 Posts
    that's not no chinchilla that's a chopped up gorilla

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

That pop-up is

The year's best.

My inner great collectro busted a grape when he peeped the pop-up (pasue).

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    basically sounds like a mixtape and has no flow and no real concept from track to track.

ROCKIST

• CLabCLab 76 Posts

ROCKIST

now i really, really want a prog-style concept album from Juelz, double gatefold LP: The Fantabulous Adventures of Dr. Human Crack, wherein he travels inside the body of a rock smoker, a la Fantastic Voyage.

ROCKIST

now i really, really want a prog-style concept album from Juelz, double gatefold LP: The Fantabulous Adventures of Dr. Human Crack, wherein he travels inside the body of a rock smoker, a la Fantastic Voyage.

I would like an album that is at least as good as his mixtapes.