Juelz Santana "What the Game's Been Missing"

emyndemynd 830 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
Thoughts? I'm a fan of dude but was still expecting it to stink. Well, it doesn't. It's good. Thoughts?-e

Comments

• this is what is wrong with rap music now

(also, no beats by ayatollah)

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Wait, you ain't feeling this schitt?

-e

• i was only funnin (lots of jansport-ing going on this board as of late. to paraphrase fauxy: "They still make you guys?")

enjoyable record. i'm glad that they cleared the "mic check" sample (early promos had a wack keyboard version), and that "postman" beat is bananas. only had a chance to listen to it once, but i liked it.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    only had a chance to listen to it once, but i liked it.

You should get a job where you're bored off your butt all day so you can listen to this schitt all day. I have a feeling on subsequent listens you'll like it more and more. It's actually really good. I still think the girl songs suck, I'm not super impressed with the Jeezy/Weezy collab, but there's some pretty mature stuff on the album which I wasn't expecting him to pull off.

Where's Rakim though? Wasn't he supposed to be on the album?

-e

• GambleGamble 844 Posts
    I still havent heard this fuckin album.

Must to track down immediately.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    "Kid is Back" is effin' terrible though. Sheesh that song sucks.

-e

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I'm not super impressed with the Jeezy/Weezy collab

You are a known Jeezy hatter.

That said, I have not yet heard the song in question, so it may well be garbage.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I still havent heard this fuckin album.

Must to track down immediately.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts
    is this out yet? School got me sleepin on tha good schitt.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    I'm pretty damn sure that Juelz Santana is not at all what the game's been missing. He's probably got a couple hot beats on that piece, though.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    is this out yet? School got me sleepin on tha good schitt.

I mean, it's "out" in that it's available online. It's not "out" in the fake world though (fake world=off the internet).

Juelz says "I'm so mean and nice/ with the things I write,/ Jesus might say 'Jesus Christ.'"

Hah!

-e

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    half way through and im feeling it...

• that "postman" beat is bananas.

Is it just me or is this beat a straight rip-off of DJ Technics' flipping of the postman sample? They're both recent songs. The postman beat for Juelz is pretty hot, although I think Technics' is nicer.

Ayres might know more about this because I THINK I heard him play the Technics track.

• Nick[/b] might know more about this because I THINK I heard him play the Technics track.

BTW: I listened to this on the way to work today and I'm diggin' most of it.

• Is it just me or is this beat a straight rip-off of DJ Technics' flipping of the postman sample? They're both recent songs. The postman beat for Juelz is pretty hot, although I think Technics' is nicer.

the intro to the juelz track does sound very similar to technics' version - but the two songs differ a lot after that.

• Is it just me or is this beat a straight rip-off of DJ Technics' flipping of the postman sample? They're both recent songs. The postman beat for Juelz is pretty hot, although I think Technics' is nicer.

the intro to the juelz track does sound very similar to technics' version - but the two songs differ a lot after that.

Agreed. I listened to them again. But...The idea was probably a rip-off, not that it hasn't been done before.

• when is this supposed to come out for real?

• that Postman song is dope. that would be a good single to release,no?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    when is this supposed to come out for real?

11/22

• my man rook's crew (j.u.s.t.i.c.e. league) produced this one off the album..

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1ZIM6OBYQOOKP2ZXVFQPOYGXN9

• j.u.s.t.i.c.e. league

i liked that track - what else have they done?

Oh, you down with Rook? That's my mans and them. Dudes is doin' some big things right about now.

• j.u.s.t.i.c.e. league

i liked that track - what else have they done?

They did a joint on the Jeezy album... i forget the title, I only listened to that album once. Look out for some other fire that y'all young bucks should probably like in the near future, though.

• Dude sampled Kriss Kross.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Really, the jeezy/weezy collabo is on some so bad its good type steez. I mean, objectively, the beat is fuckin terrible, but like the song says its all about making it work for you. So i appreciate the angle.

my man rook's crew (j.u.s.t.i.c.e. league) produced this one off the album..

p.s. that link didnt work.

what did they produce on the jeezy album? Who produced dont get caught? that song is incredible.

what did they produce on the jeezy album? Who produced dont get caught? that song is incredible.

I think that's the one. Cop scenario at the intro?

• Thoughts?

I'm a fan of dude but was still expecting it to stink. Well, it doesn't. It's good.

Thoughts?

-e

so this is on def jam? what kind of push is it getting? NY peoples: is this getting a big push?

• enjoyable record. i'm glad that they cleared the "mic check" sample (early promos had a wack keyboard version), and that "postman" beat is bananas. only had a chance to listen to it once, but i liked it.

I'm a bit confused which promos your talking about. The one with dirty/clean and "You ain't my homie" on the B-side?

my man rook's crew (j.u.s.t.i.c.e. league) produced this one off the album..

I think that's the one. Cop scenario at the intro?

yeah. oh wow, really? thats the cut right there. where are they from? Let em know they got fans on the internet and shit.