Donuts(NRR)

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited November 2005 in Strut Central
about once every month or two I get a crazy hankerin' for donuts. I mean crazy. Im glad it doesnt happen like this everyday, or I would be "I wash myself with a rag on a stick" size. The best local spot in town here is a place called Gibson's. What are y'alls favorite local jernts?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Cresent Donut Shop

shit is open 24-7.

• as if i even had to say it.......................

~Crates

• I love donuts. I will eat almost any kind. My favorite back in the day were Mayers Donuts they came pre packaged in a blue and white box. When I was 13 or 14 we would get stoned and eat boxes of those things. I can't find them anymore. If anyone knows where to get them I would pay good money for a box. My guess is they don't make them anymore.

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

• i shop my donuts from the nearest spot, ...MC DONALDS
    sry, i??m not a connaisseur when it comes to this

i shop my donuts from the nearest spot, ...MC DONALDS

sry, i??m not a connaisseur when it comes to this

just when I thought they had concocted the most disgusting fast food item ever...

have they put a "beef patty" in it yet?

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

about once every month or two I get a crazy hankerin' for donuts. I mean crazy. Im glad it doesnt happen like this everyday, or I would be "I wash myself with a rag on a stick"[/b] size. The best local spot in town here is a place called Gibson's. What are y'alls favorite local jernts?

That is just about my favorite Simpsons episode.

One of my favorite donuts is Krispy Kreme's plain crueler (sp?), just because it's sweet and simple, perfect with coffee. However, I prefer Dunkin' Donuts coffee to Krispy Kreme. But, I live about four blocks are from the Kreme and, in the Chicago area, you can throw a rock and hit a Dunkin' Donuts, so I can mix and match.

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'm a big fan of the french cruller from Dunkin' Donuts. I'll take it over krispy kreme!!! I don't know why people come in to work with a various dozen donuts. They should all be french crullers. By the time I get there only the shit donuts are left. What do you think the weakest flovor is. I'm not a big fan of the powdered cream. Honorable mention goes out to the boston cream, my second favorite donut.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I always like the idea of donuts. and when I'm eating them they are great. but, an hour later I'm sick.

I always like the idea of donuts. and when I'm eating them they are great. but, an hour later I'm sick.
    well, a dozen is meant to be spread out over the course of a day or 2 at least...or shared with others.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    well, a dozen is meant to be spread out over the course of a day or 2 at least...or shared with others.

doh!

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts

cosign

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I'll take a donut over a bagel any day! I've been off the bagel lately, too heavy.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts

doh!

Yeah, there's only been a handful of occassions where I've eaten three or more donuts in one sitting. I'm usually tapped out after two.

• I always like the idea of donuts. and when I'm eating them they are great. but, an hour later I'm sick.

doh!

Yeah, there's only been a handful of occassions where I've eaten three or more donuts in one sitting. I'm usually tapped out after two.

Fuck that, if you can't eat at least 6 don't even bother.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

man, in school i had just about the worst diet ever. every once in awhile i would go nuts for donuts and go to kripy kreme for DINNER and eat like 5 or 6 glazed with a carton of milk. no more of that. at least not until i make it to 80 or so.

• Until about the age of 8 I was living in Walnut Creek California. The definition of upper middle class. The kind of town that shuts down around 8PM. For some reason though we had a 24 hour Winchell's Donut place. It was there for years. Now it's called Allstar Donuts. Not sure if the donuts were the same but Winchell's just had unbeatable donuts. I moved to a neighboring city but would trek out once and while for a dozen Winchell donuts.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    There are Yum Yum Bake Shops all around me here in PA that has the most hard as fuck donuts. So hard as fuck that a Krispy Creme opened and closed in 6 months on 309 in Montgomeryville.

• djrdjr 511 Posts
    There are Yum Yum Bake Shops all around me here in PA that has the most hard as fuck donuts. So hard as fuck that a Krispy Creme opened and closed in 6 months on 309 in Montgomeryville.

One of them near my mom's house - haven't been there for a while - gonna have to pay a visit next time I'm over there.

For me, it's Dunkin Donuts - love the coffee, occassionally throw in a donut on the trip to the flea market on saturday or sunday morning.

• There are Yum Yum Bake Shops all around me here in PA that has the most hard as fuck donuts. So hard as fuck that a Krispy Creme opened and closed in 6 months on 309 in Montgomeryville.

I've had those at my parents house (Ft. Washington). Good stuff.
    Locally, the Dunkin Donuts Jelly Stick is

• There are Yum Yum Bake Shops all around me here in PA that has the most hard as fuck donuts. So hard as fuck that a Krispy Creme opened and closed in 6 months on 309 in Montgomeryville.

Actually, Krispy Creme business wise is not doing well. They took a huge hit because of the low carb craze. I would buy their donuts but not their stock. They even tried to hide the problems from investors .

Actually, Krispy Creme business wise is not doing well. They took a huge hit because of the low carb craze. I would buy their donuts but not their stock. They even tried to hide the problems from investors .

it doesnt seem that way here. Krispy Kreme is just one of those sure shot type business around here it seems. People all day and all night are up in that place. We are fat as fuck too, though.

• pacmanpacman 1,114 Posts
    Still a few Winchell's out here. I can take Krispy Kremes in limited quantities. Frankly, I get the sugar-shakes and the burping aftertaste just is Dunkin for me all the way with Winchells being second.

• Mister Donut for me. Although there's nothing but air on the inside, and they're kinda plasticy.
    That's all I got, and there's free refills on coffee!

• [

I'd glaze.